Confirmed with Link: Keith Jones actually set to be named real life part-time President of Hockey Operations, Danny Briere full-time GM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rebels57

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
In the video Hilferty is referring to Tortorella and Briere collaborating together.

"Again working in collaboration with Coach Torts about potential trades and about potential draft picks."

He then follows that up with:

"What we're about now is we're going to take a deliberate approach to build this team the right way."

Whatever the f*** that means. They don't know what the "right" way is.

To me, it just further cements the fact that Torts will be here after he's done coaching. His position with the Flyers is bullet-proof at the moment.

Reactions: Ironmanrulez

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
As am I. They are gone.

1685035539041.png

Let me know when those positions are gone.

Redpath

Sep 30, 2011
Saying that your new GM is taking a "deliberate approach to building the right way" means nothing. It's tantamount to saying "Things will be better because we are going to try to be better."

It bears repeating: Hilferty and Camillo's genius communications overhaul is literally just the same exact cliches that anyone could have written.

It's not even that cliches are an issue. I don't expect any substance from minute long promo videos. Just don't lie to me and say that the communications are overhauled.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
Saying that your new GM is taking a "deliberate approach to building the right way" means nothing. It's tantamount to saying "Things will be better because we are going to try to be better."

It bears repeating: Hilferty and Camillo's genius communications overhaul is literally just the same exact cliches that anyone could have written.

It's not even that cliches are an issue. I don't expext any substance from minute long promo videos. Just don't lie to me and say that the communications are overhauled.
That's what they actually believe though. They think that they're owed things and because things were bad before means that they can only get better.

They're going to continue to piss on our heads and tell us it's raining.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
To me, it just further cements the fact that Torts will be here after he's done coaching. His position with the Flyers is bullet-proof at the moment.
"What we're about now is we're going to take a deliberate approach to build this team the right way."

They're contrasting what they're trying to do with the "aggressive reload," "we'll always be competitive" etc. messages of the previous couple decades.
That is, they're not going to be fooled by a good season into trying to make a playoff run with TDL trades.
Nor are they going to be aggressive in free agency for a few years, trying to buy a turnaround.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey

They're contrasting what they're trying to do with the "aggressive reload," "we'll always be competitive" etc. messages of the previous couple decades.
That is, they're not going to be fooled by a good season into trying to make a playoff run with TDL trades.
Nor are they going to be aggressive in free agency for a few years, trying to buy a turnaround.
Why you willingly believe what this organizations says despite what they have shown over the years is beyond me.

• Wow
Reactions: Beef Invictus

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Why you willingly believe what this organizations says despite what they have shown over the years is beyond me.
"They" aren't running the show, the last two decades were dominated by Clarke/Holmgren with assistance from Lombardi and Barber.
Haven't heard anything from or about them for months.

They both hated the idea of a rebuild, both were fired (Clarke as GM, Holmgren as HC) last time the Flyers rebuilt.

Redpath

Sep 30, 2011
That's what they actually believe though. They think that they're owed things and because things were bad before means that they can only get better.

They're going to continue to piss on our heads and tell us it's raining.

I don't really look at it that way. I see it more just as repeating the obvious.

Breaking news: Rebuilding team with new Governor and President thinks their new GM is going is going to do things different and set the team up for success.

Which again, as a cliche is perfectly acceptable. The issue is that we just hired a President on the pretenses that he is supposed to be a communications wizard and liaison between the GM and Governor, and yet we are getting the same exact cliche messaging that any random poster on HFBoards could throw together.

Reactions: Ironmanrulez

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
"They" aren't running the show, the last two decades were dominated by Clarke/Holmgren with assistance from Lombardi and Barber.
Haven't heard anything from or about them for months.

They both hated the idea of a rebuild, both were fired (Clarke as GM, Holmgren as HC) last time the Flyers rebuilt.
You never heard from them before. Clarke popped up once for a podcast in recent memory and yet it's been reported they had their fingers deep into the organization.

You went on and on about how Dave Scott disappeared despite the fact that he NEVER got in front of the camera except for the time that Roberts made him and he talked about Gerry Mayhew. It doesn't mean anything that we don't see these people talking.

As Beef has said many times. We KNOW the kind of person that Bob Clarke is. If he was to actually be removed from any place of power he'd go down kicking and screaming. He would take everyone with him.

Just like Fletcher, the people that are hired think just like Clarke and Company. He's everywhere in the organization. There is no part where his fingerprints aren't on this. Tortorella is the Crony's
pièce de résistance no matter how many times that you claim he's this forward thinker.

Toonces

They should have kept Shjon Podein...
Feb 23, 2003
New Jersey

Sounds suspiciously like a bias for action... 🤔

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
Keith Jones is the younger version of Holmgren, Lombardi, etc. His opinions match up, he pines for the Old Ways. Does it matter if the advisors aren’t as heavily involved if they have a successor even more heavily involved?

As for Tortorella having trade and draft input……run for cover. I’ve never once heard of an NHL coach having any say on the draft. Their shelf life is usually too short to even coach these players in 2-4 years, they don’t spend their season watching these players, and they’re too short-term results oriented. This power grab by Tortorella, his sweater vests filling a vacuum, will be taught in history classes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad