Rumor: Karlsson to Lightning (Mod warning in OP - READ IT)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
I’m far from the only Lightning fan with that opinion. Go ahead and make a poll if you don’t believe me.
Okay let’s forget point. Is cal Foote available. I remember last time we all had this discussion Foote was seen as an absolute untouchable because he was a “redden-OEL hybrid” (I made up OEL but it was a redden something hybrid).

Reactions: agentblack

JayMan82

Apr 5, 2006
South Carolina
Another question regarding these possible trades. What happens when expansion hits and Tampa needs to protect all these players? I would have to think that in any deal, Sergachev is going the other way due to the fact that he has no choice to protect Hedman/McD/Karlsson.

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
How in the hell is TB going to afford that?

Yzerman has surprised in the past I suppose.

Yzerman seems to always find a way to keep his core guys, but I imagine a handful of secondary pieces would spring free from the Lightning if they got Karlsson. (Fingers crossed as a Sabres fan, because I'd take any number of Tampa cast-offs in Buffalo.)

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
Another question regarding these possible trades. What happens when expansion hits and Tampa needs to protect all these players? I would have to think that in any deal, Sergachev is going the other way due to the fact that he has no choice to protect Hedman/McD/Karlsson.
Or we go 4 4 and protect the D plus Stamkos, Kucherov, Point and Palat.

Reactions: AndreRoy

agentblack

Apr 11, 2011
New York City
Okay let’s forget point. Is cal Foote available. I remember last time we all had this discussion Foote was seen as an absolute untouchable because he was a “redden-OEL hybrid” (I made up OEL but it was a redden something hybrid).

i lol that you forgot his comparisons, you could have just said anyone honestly like redden-Housley hybrid and i think the board would have believed you

AndreRoy

Jan 3, 2018

I wasn’t involved with all that hybrid stuff. I’m against trading for Karlsson but if we’re assuming that we are going to do so I could see Foote being available. With Hedman and McDonagh on the left and Karlsson and Sergachev on the right for the foreseeable future Foote would be limited to the third pairing and Cernak could fill that role. But Foote would be the main piece in the deal - we aren’t adding a ton of value on top of him.

VoluntaryDom

Formerly DominicBoltsFan / Ⓐ / ✞
Oct 31, 2016
Tampa FL
Maybe. But there's lots of players over the years who've been better than stars for a year or two and fallen back.
Doubt this is the case for Point considering he just entered the NHL and was this good starting when he got back from his injury in his rookie year. Also I don’t have Point above Stamkos yet.

A1LeafNation

Good, is simply not good enough!
Oct 17, 2010
Lol doubtful Ottawa will take on salary. Do we not know their owner?

TB will have to clear cap space, then offer Point + Segachev + Foote + 1st( if he re-signs)

Expect a Colorado/Duchene type return for Ottawa. I think that's what they will want as a return having gone through the Duchene trade already.

AndreRoy

Jan 3, 2018

We’d protect Hedman, Karlsson, and Sergachev. McD doesn’t have a NMC so we don’t need to protect him.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
So you’re assuming three of the must keeps in Callahan/Killorn/Johnson (unless I’m mistaken) will be shipped out in the process? It’ll be much easier to ship one out along with Sergachev in this deal.
None of those are must protect. Only need to protect NMC.

Reactions: JayMan82

AndreRoy

Jan 3, 2018
Lol doubtful Ottawa will take on salary. Do we not know their owner?

TB will have to clear cap space, then offer Point + Segachev + Foote + 1st( if he re-signs)

Expect a Colorado/Duchene type return for Ottawa. I think that's what they will want as a return having gone through the Duchene trade already.

Again, if we’re trading all that we better be getting McDavid back, not a 28-year old gimpy impending UFA.

Reactions: Mitch Tavares

Flat Ronnie

Feb 11, 2014

giphy-9.gif

Reactions: AndreRoy

Rschmitz

Finding new ways to cheat
Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay

It's possible the Lightning could go 4D and 4F. In either case the expansion draft is two years away minimum

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad