Rumor: Karlsson to Lightning (Mod warning in OP - READ IT)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Battle Lin

Dec 18, 2015
theres a chance ott doesnt get full value of course, but why the heck you people think theres zero chance ott gets great value especially for an extended erik karlsson, do you people not know who the heck erik karlsson is...ya theres a few trades lately that doesnt seem late both parties got equal value but its not like that all the time, especially when you talking about erik karlsson, now if hes not extended then its different story but an extended erik karlsson gets a ton of value its erik karlsson

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
theres a chance ott doesnt get full value of course, but why the heck you people think theres zero chance ott gets great value especially for an extended erik karlsson, do you people not know who the heck erik karlsson is...ya theres a few trades lately that doesnt seem late both parties got equal value but its not like that all the time, especially when you talking about erik karlsson, now if hes not extended then its different story but an extended erik karlsson gets a ton of value its erik karlsson

Because they don't have a choice between keeping Karlsson and trading him. They're trading him. This isn't a buy/sell thing so much as it's an auction.

Beebop22

May 4, 2017
Add in a 7th.
I'm not sure that will work. Didn't the NHL do away with trades like this back when teams were doing this to dump salary? Like the Kolzig trade to Toronto for example.
I may be wrong, I'm just looking for clarification.

Emerica

May 29, 2010
Lol. Yost. I’m fully expecting a tweet tomorrow morning saying “it was close but team X is upping their offer. Just minor details being worked out”. Rinse and repeat for the next 30-90 days
Seeing all the “insiders” scrambling these past few days or should I say months has been entertaining to say the least. Trying to make it seem like they have an inside track but really have no clue what’s going down.

Friedman’s radio appearance quotes this past week have been hilarious. Literally bringing nothing new to the table yet people arw gobbling it up. “I’ve heard from my source that he thinks maybe this is going to get done soon if Ottawa gets the right package.” Oh ok.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Point is our best center at both ends of the ice. NMC aside I’d trade Stamkos before Point. Subtracting Point while adding Karlsson makes us a worse team before you even consider the difference in cap.
I feel like this definitely the hipster cool thing to say. And it’s probably false.

Reactions: Flat Ronnie

VoluntaryDom

Formerly DominicBoltsFan / Ⓐ / ✞
Oct 31, 2016
Tampa FL
Tampa is better with or without Karlsson regardless... They have a Elite 1C, 100pt Winger, Top 5 Forward depth in the league, 3rd best Defensemen in the league, Top 10 Defence on paper(Hedman, Sergachev, Stralman, McDonagh) and a better goalie... No pissing contest to be had.
You clearly haven’t read this thread then.

Reactions: volcom92886 and Fro

Uncle Scrooge

Hockey Bettor
Nov 14, 2011
Helsinki
If Tampa can dump Coburn to one of the 16 teams he has on his trade list, that would free just enough space to ice the same team they had last year minus Sergachev and Coburn but with Erik f***ing Karlsson. Then they extend him and worry about everything else later.

Yzerman: hold my beer

Burnie97

Jun 26, 2015
Canada
To anoint any team saying they're winning forsure at the start of a season.... or you know ... July :facepalm: is silly. There are way to many variables.

VoluntaryDom

Formerly DominicBoltsFan / Ⓐ / ✞
Oct 31, 2016
Tampa FL
If Tampa can dump Coburn to one of the 16 teams he has on his trade list, that would free just enough space to ice the same team they had last year minus Sergachev and Coburn but with Erik ****ing Karlsson. Then they extend him and worry about everything else later.

Yzerman: hold my beer
Or send Callahan to NY

agentblack

Apr 11, 2011
New York City
Sakic was able to get max value with Duchene even though he played his weakest season. Dorion is in a situation where he has to deal Karlsson sooner than later but he put himself in that situation.

What does that have to do with EK potentially getting traded to TB? I mean who cares what Sakic did almost a year ago.

Sensung

Oct 3, 2017
Sakic was able to get max value with Duchene even though he played his weakest season. Dorion is in a situation where he has to deal Karlsson sooner than later but he put himself in that situation.
I'm no Dorion fan, but our @hole owner is the reason we need to move EK, not Pierre.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad