Proposal: Kaprizov to LA

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

ItWasJustified

Jan 1, 2015
maybe you should google what a prospect is so you dont look so silly in your next post.....

by your logic a 1st overall pick is worth peanuts right since they havent proven anything at the NHL level let me get Shane Wright for Jeff Petry hes a top 4 dman
That's right. It's bad business trading proven NHL top talent against potential.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
This f***ing thread again. Here's the rub: LA shouldn't trade Byfield for Kaprizov and Minnesota shouldn't trade Kaprizov for anything less than Byfield. There's no deal to be found here.

I won't speak for anyone else in the Wild fanbase, but I'd be willing to move Kaprizov for Turcotte+ at this point. Byfield never would have been on the table in the first place here.

Kingspiracy

Nov 13, 2006
So 51 in 55 isn’t good enough because 55 is too few but 3 in 7 sucks because 7 is good enough?

Is that ‘LA’ math?

Neither is a big enough sample size, but you cant have your cake and eat it.

If 55 is a big enough sample size to say the guy is elite and worth a boatload in a trade, then you cant complain when a small playoff sample size is used to criticise his game / value.

P10p

May 15, 2012

If 55 is a big enough sample size to say the guy is elite and worth a boatload in a trade, then you cant complain when a small playoff sample size is used to criticise his game / value.

Except no one is basing Kaprizovs value solely off his 55 NHL games just the same as you're, hopefully, not basing Byfields value on NHL games. Kaprizov has just as much as a resume for a top prospect coming into the NHL as Byfield does, only thing is that Kaprizov has also shown that he CAN play at that level while, until he gets a chance, Byfield hasn't.

Kurrilino

Go Stoll Go
Aug 6, 2005
Calgary
I won't speak for anyone else in the Wild fanbase, but I'd be willing to move Kaprizov for Turcotte+ at this point. Byfield never would have been on the table in the first place here.

I just wonder in general, why isn't Minni keeping Kaprizoff.
Wouldn't that be easier than haggling with other teams about pro and contra?

I'm not to familiar with the Minni prospect pool.
Isn't there a young center you could pair with Kaprizoff in the foreseeable future?

Kurrilino

Go Stoll Go
Aug 6, 2005
Calgary
This was mind numbing to read. You're calling the guy who has potential to be a 1st line center a 1st line center and the guy who actually puts up 1st line numbers a 2nd line player. If Fiala is a 2nd liner on a contender then Vilardi is almost assuredly a 2nd liner on a contender. Fiala was 21st in points for left wings this past year and 14th for left wings the year before.

Are you here to derail the conversation or do you want to have a discussion about potential trades?
I told you. we can discuss any Fiala trade as long as you consider the Kings needs

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009

What's a realistic plus in your eyes?

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
What's a realistic plus in your eyes?

I would ask for your 1st, maybe top 5 or 10 protected? And then whichever lesser pieces after that don't really matter to me.

To me, the issue with Kaprizov is that it seems like he doesn't want to commit longer than he has to, which is three years. That would normally be fine, except because of our cap situation, we need at least four years if we want to make an offer to him when his current deal is over. Another team (like you guys) might have better luck, because even though three may not be ideal, it would be manageable.

I know you guys say you're not in a position to really do much now, and I can respect that, but looking at your roster, guys like Vilardi are ready to make an impact, Kopitar is still good, Byfield is probably on the cusp, so your team could be a playoff team for the next three years with Kaprizov, and in that case, I think he'd be far more willing to extend with you as well. Along those lines, if you guys are satisfied with some combination of Byfield, Kopitar, Vilardi, Pinelli, Kupari, Thomas and Madden down the middle, maybe Turcotte isn't a must-keep. But I also wouldn't blame if you would just opt to keep him and slide your own guys out to wing.

Anyway, I'm not trying to negotiate a deal or say you guys should move Turcotte for Kaprizov, I just disagree with the notion that, from Minnesota's perspective, it has to be Byfield. I think something around Turcotte would work just fine.

Reactions: kilowatt

Legionnaire

Help On The Way
Jul 10, 2002
LA-LA Land
I would ask for your 1st, maybe top 5 or 10 protected? And then whichever lesser pieces after that don't really matter to me.

To me, the issue with Kaprizov is that it seems like he doesn't want to commit longer than he has to, which is three years. That would normally be fine, except because of our cap situation, we need at least four years if we want to make an offer to him when his current deal is over. Another team (like you guys) might have better luck, because even though three may not be ideal, it would be manageable.

I know you guys say you're not in a position to really do much now, and I can respect that, but looking at your roster, guys like Vilardi are ready to make an impact, Kopitar is still good, Byfield is probably on the cusp, so your team could be a playoff team for the next three years with Kaprizov, and in that case, I think he'd be far more willing to extend with you as well. Along those lines, if you guys are satisfied with some combination of Byfield, Kopitar, Vilardi, Pinelli, Kupari, Thomas and Madden down the middle, maybe Turcotte isn't a must-keep. But I also wouldn't blame if you would just opt to keep him and slide your own guys out to wing.

Anyway, I'm not trying to negotiate a deal or say you guys should move Turcotte for Kaprizov, I just disagree with the notion that, from Minnesota's perspective, it has to be Byfield. I think something around Turcotte would work just fine.

The Kings aren't building to become a playoff team; they're building to win the Cup.

Reactions: kinghock

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
The Kings aren't building to become a playoff team; they're building to win the Cup.

Again, my point is only it should not be Byfield or bust for the Wild if there was a trade. Not saying anything about what the Kings should do.

Dickie Dunn

Jan 4, 2016
Minneapolis

that is completely what we are arguing here lol

Kaprizov has 62 games in the NHL, he is absolutely unproven

if you want, please google "sample size" for more information

Point to the post where I claimed otherwise, I’ll wait……

bland

Jul 1, 2004
Again, my point is only it should not be Byfield or bust for the Wild if there was a trade. Not saying anything about what the Kings should do.
The most likely scenario for LA will see them retain all of their prospects this season to gauge their progress and use their ridiculous amount of cap space next summer in an attempt to sign Forsberg as a UFA. LA is rapidly becoming a haven for Swedes. If that fails, only then do I see them looking to make a deal for a star winger.

Its at least a year too early to worry about adding finishers to their roster for immediate improvement. This offseasons moves were made to repair the spine of the team, and I doubt Arvidsson is available at that price in a year without an expansion draft.

Let the kids play their way in, see what you really need since while it is likely not every top prospect pans out, it is also likely that one exceeds expectations. That could very well be a winger and end up having no need for a Kaprizov but have to spend big on a goalie instead.

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
I think the only way to consider Turcotte+1st is if Kaprizov won’t sign at all. For one, I don’t think it would be a top 15 pick if he played for the Kings. Two, I’d want a better prospect than Turcotte. Someone like Zegras or Lundell or Beniers. Turcotte, from what I’ve seen, does not have game breaking capabilities. Great two way player, Mikko Koivu esque. I’d want someone with higher offensive potential if I’m trading a current game breaker. That’s just me though.

Kurrilino

Go Stoll Go
Aug 6, 2005
Calgary

This is exactly where the conversation ends.
We do not gamble high end prospects and the mood of a russian money grabber.

I you want to deal him so badly, you can pick freely from our roster from the age 25 and up group.
No combination and no player is off limits

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
I think the only way to consider Turcotte+1st is if Kaprizov won’t sign at all. For one, I don’t think it would be a top 15 pick if he played for the Kings. Two, I’d want a better prospect than Turcotte. Someone like Zegras or Lundell or Beniers. Turcotte, from what I’ve seen, does not have game breaking capabilities. Great two way player, Mikko Koivu esque. I’d want someone with higher offensive potential if I’m trading a current game breaker. That’s just me though.

Lundell or Beniers don't have gamebreaking capabilities either. You're aiming awfully high if you think someone like Zegras or Byfield is on the table. Those are the cream of the crops, bluest of chips. Those guys simply do not get moved for anything. Especially if we're moving Kaprizov because we "have to" and not because we "want to".

Digitalbooya

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
Lundell or Beniers don't have gamebreaking capabilities either. You're aiming awfully high if you think someone like Zegras or Byfield is on the table. Those are the cream of the crops, bluest of chips. Those guys simply do not get moved for anything. Especially if we're moving Kaprizov because we "have to" and not because we "want to".
Why trade Kaprizov for anything less? Bad asset management is still bad asset management. Like I said, the only way I consider Turcotte+1st is if we “have to” trade Kaprizov. Having seen Turcotte play recently, I’d still prefer any of the prospects I listed over him. There are probably more that would be more enticing at least to me (Newhook *colorado: throws up*, Holloway, etc). A lot of these teams (Florida, Colorado, Edmonton) are also moving into that contender zone, unlike LA right now, and could be more willing to make a deal.

gwh

Mar 4, 2013

I would move Kaprizov too, if the return is right. Not good business to have players who want to bolt as soon as possible (=Gaborik).

Reactions: Adam da bomb

Digitalbooya

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
I would move Kaprizov too, if the return is right. Not good business to have players who want to bolt as soon as possible (=Gaborik).
The team still has guaranteed three years of control. Even thinking about moving him right now is silly.

Crown Royal

Apr 3, 2010
Idea is based around Wild sending Kaprizov to LA so he can play in a big market which he may be seeking. Him holding out on Minnesota and big money is a red flag.

Trade to LA Kings

K. Kaprizov
M. Khusnutdinov

Trade to MIN Wild
Q. Byfield
2022 1st (top 3 protected. Defers to 2023 1st unprotected if they choose.)
S. Fagemo
A. Wagner

Not this dead horse again. Please stop with the Kaprizov trades to LA.

Karl Eriksson

Boring!
Apr 12, 2007
Ottawa
A trade to somewhere warm like California or Florida makes sense. at his age Kaprizov probably doesn’t want to deal with winter anymore.

kp61c

Apr 3, 2012
separate civilization
This is exactly where the conversation ends.
We do not gamble high end prospects and the mood of a russian money grabber.

I you want to deal him so badly, you can pick freely from our roster from the age 25 and up group.
No combination and no player is off limits
the main snag in the negotiation is the term, not the money.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad