Proposal: Kaprizov to LA

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
What the fridge !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Why is this one renewed?
We already established that there is no deal to be made.
Kaprizoff isn't even an established 1 PPG player and at least 4 years out of our age window.
Beside that i don't pay assets for someone who is interested in nothing but paychecks.

Fiala also doesn't fetch one of our top prospects.
Our guys only go for 30+ goal winger or youngsters with the potential of being 30+ goal scorers

Just close this crap for god sake
I have to laugh at this for a couple of reasons:

1) It's fine to not want to trade your prospects because it isn't the right time, but say it like that. Don't say this player wouldn't fetch one of these prospects cause I guarantee if there were serious discussions it would involve such prospects.
2) Fiala paced 33 goals this year and 29 goals last year.

Reactions: ctmagic

Kurrilino

Go Stoll Go
Aug 6, 2005
Calgary
I have to laugh at this for a couple of reasons:

1) It's fine to not want to trade your prospects because it isn't the right time, but say it like that. Don't say this player wouldn't fetch one of these prospects cause I guarantee if there were serious discussions it would involve such prospects.
2) Fiala paced 33 goals this year and 29 goals last year.

1) All of these prospects have the potential to be as good as Kirrill and Byfield will most likely pass him easily.
Asking for 3 of them is a fail of epic proportions.

2)I don't care who paced what. I would trade for what's real.
Kaliev was on pace for 82 goals and nobody would pay for that. Come again when Fiala scores 30+ goals and we can talk.

So what about Fagemo as a base for Kirill if you guys insist a trade.
As soon as you flinch, i am out

Kurrilino

Go Stoll Go
Aug 6, 2005
Calgary
So the guy who was just 8th in the league in goals with 27 goals in 55 games isn't close enough to a 30 goal winger?
I guess I'll give you Fiala though, since he's only paced for 31 goals per 82 games for the last two years, which have both been shortened, but it is what it is.

Come again if one of them scores 30+ goals in reality.

Until then i offer Kaliev for Kirill+Fiala+ 1st 2022+ 1st 2023

Kaliev is on pace for 82 goals per season

Reactions: FSL KINGS

Al Lagoon

Feb 22, 2012
Who do you have Khusnutdinov ahead of out of these players:
Rossi
Boldy
Wallstedt
Lambos
Addison
O'Rourke
If he can play center, only Rossi and Boldy.
If he ends up a wing, then some of those you mention might be above him, yes.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Come again if one of them scores 30+ goals in reality.

Until then i offer Kaliev for Kirill+Fiala+ 1st 2022+ 1st 2023

Kaliev is on pace for 82 goals per season

Oh okay, in that case I'll offer Nico Sturm for Byfield, because Byfield is on pace for 0 goals in his entire career.

Kurrilino

Go Stoll Go
Aug 6, 2005
Calgary
Oh okay, in that case I'll offer Nico Sturm for Byfield, because Byfield is on pace for 0 goals in his entire career.

Like i said, we can close here.
There is no interest in Kirill or Fiala if they are not offered as cap dump

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
Lol Byfield has more value than Kaprizov. He's 5 years younger, 8 inches taller, plays center, and still has ELC years to go through.
LA has no need for Kaprizov with their plethora of young forwards. They'd be smarter to build around what they have.

Kaprizov is going to become top5 forward in the league in a couple years. If Byfield ever becomes top5 center, LA will be very lucky.

Digitalbooya

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
1) All of these prospects have the potential to be as good as Kirrill and Byfield will most likely pass him easily.
Asking for 3 of them is a fail of epic proportions.

2)I don't care who paced what. I would trade for what's real.
Kaliev was on pace for 82 goals and nobody would pay for that. Come again when Fiala scores 30+ goals and we can talk.

So what about Fagemo as a base for Kirill if you guys insist a trade.
As soon as you flinch, i am out
Dude, you’re so blind to what I said. My post was literally about Fiala and Vilardi. I didn’t say anything about three prospects in one trade. You can’t even distinguish that I’m talking about Fiala instead of Kaprizov (I literally put it in bold for you).

It’s pretty clear your purpose is just to derail this thread for posters who actually want to discuss potential trades.

Reactions: AKL

ItWasJustified

Jan 1, 2015
no prospects have anything proven at the NHL level. thats why they're prospects
I'm not interested in discussing semantics.
You can ask the same about any NHL prospect, smart guy.
No, I can't.
Which Wild prospects have proven anything at the NHL level? Should no one want to touch Marco Rossi "with a 10 foot pole," especially at the cost of a proven NHLer, either?
A rebuilding team can take a look at Rossi. Wild isn't in a rebuild.

Nico Cauzuki

Jul 19, 2009
King Of The North
Ah yes, which Kings prospects have proven anything on NHL level, if I might ask?
maybe you should google what a prospect is so you dont look so silly in your next post.....

by your logic a 1st overall pick is worth peanuts right since they havent proven anything at the NHL level let me get Shane Wright for Jeff Petry hes a top 4 dman

Reactions: kinghock

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
things are spiraling here.

LA is not going to offer up QB for Kaprizov. The Wild will not settle for less.

That's it on that.

As for Fiala. That should be in a separate thread, but really does not make sense since LA picked up Arvidson. The deal where someone pointed to Vilardi was a fair ask IMO, but given what Arvidson cost I would prefer the player LA got anyway. Not saying Arvidson>Fiala just that give acquisition cost and contract that would have been my preffered deal anyway.

Reactions: KingTech

Kurrilino

Go Stoll Go
Aug 6, 2005
Calgary
Dude, you’re so blind to what I said. My post was literally about Fiala and Vilardi. I didn’t say anything about three prospects in one trade. You can’t even distinguish that I’m talking about Fiala instead of Kaprizov (I literally put it in bold for you).

It’s pretty clear your purpose is just to derail this thread for posters who actually want to discuss potential trades.

It's not about me derailing.
I just summarized the other thread that was discussed for weeks and weeks that just stopped a couple of days ago.
if you put the effort in to read through that, you will find 2 things:

A) Kirill is seen as a money grabber with questionable character and the Kings will not give up any substantial assets to acquire him.

B) Fiala is seen as a 2nd line winger on a contender team, while the Kings organization is incredible high on Vilardi and sees a #1 center in him.
They put a lot of time into his healing phase and even as a rookie, they put lot's of pressure on him to produce.

So if you want to discuss potential trades, you have to come up with something else then the already discussed to death players included.
One of the suggestion for a Fiala trade was, that you guys can pick freely from our 25 and up range of players.
Please feel free to suggest any trade under those parameters and you will find a positive and fruitful conversation that maybe even ends with an agreement.

Reactions: Legionnaire

Kurrilino

Go Stoll Go
Aug 6, 2005
Calgary
Kaprizov is going to become top5 forward in the league in a couple years. If Byfield ever becomes top5 center, LA will be very lucky.

And i question exactly that.
IMO he will take the exact same route as Gudreau.
Opponents will find a way to quickly remove him from the puck very soon and his style will become so niche
that nobody will offer anything of substance for him in a trade.

From here on he becomes an expensive burden especially with the character traids he already showed

guitarhunterdude

Jan 2, 2017
'Sota
Opponents will find a way to quickly remove him from the puck very soon and his style will become so niche

From here on he becomes an expensive burden especially with the character traids he already showed
Johnny Gaudreau is 165lbs. Kirill Kaprizov is listed at 201. Twig vs. a boulder.

His clear desire to get immediately to UFA and cash in will hamper any trade returns though, I agree.

Nucklehead Supreme

Jul 10, 2011
The point is that size doesn't really matter in the grand scheme of things, which is the conclusion that you are coming to. I'm not sure why you are up in arms about this. You are arguing the same conclusion they are arguing.

It absolutely matters, now I can admit times have changed and it isn't as big of a factor but it still matters, this whole in the grand scheme of things it doesn't matter anymore is BS

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
Opponents will find a way to quickly remove him from the puck very soon
and his style will become so niche

Kaprizov is twice as big as Johnny H and a better skater, it's going to be hard to find that way...

Digitalbooya

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
B) Fiala is seen as a 2nd line winger on a contender team, while the Kings organization is incredible high on Vilardi and sees a #1 center in him.
They put a lot of time into his healing phase and even as a rookie, they put lot's of pressure on him to produce.
This was mind numbing to read. You're calling the guy who has potential to be a 1st line center a 1st line center and the guy who actually puts up 1st line numbers a 2nd line player. If Fiala is a 2nd liner on a contender then Vilardi is almost assuredly a 2nd liner on a contender. Fiala was 21st in points for left wings this past year and 14th for left wings the year before.

Last edited:

Digitalbooya

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
It absolutely matters, now I can admit times have changed and it isn't as big of a factor but it still matters, this whole in the grand scheme of things it doesn't matter anymore is BS
But the skill, hockey IQ, etc matters MORE. That's literally the entire point of said previous discussion. If you don't have equal skill, hockey IQ, etc and all you've got is size while the other player has high skill, hockey IQ, etc with a smaller stature then you end with comparisons like Myers to Makar. Myers doesn't have the skill or hockey IQ, but he's got the size. Makar doesn't have quite the size, but his skill and hockey IQ are astronomically higher. Another example, who is a better player Cole Caufield or Jordan Greenway? Caufield is high skill but 5'7". Greenway is low skill but a huge body at 6'6".

Nucklehead Supreme

Jul 10, 2011
But the skill, hockey IQ, etc matters MORE. That's literally the entire point of said previous discussion. If you don't have equal skill, hockey IQ, etc and all you've got is size while the other player has high skill, hockey IQ, etc with a smaller stature then you end with comparisons like Myers to Makar. Myers doesn't have the skill or hockey IQ, but he's got the size. Makar doesn't have quite the size, but his skill and hockey IQ are astronomically higher. Another example, who is a better player Cole Caufield or Jordan Greenway? Caufield is high skill but 5'7". Greenway is low skill but a huge body at 6'6".

Fair enough, my only point was that it still matters, like it isn't some arbitrary thing now because smaller guys are making it too.

Reactions: Digitalbooya

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad