Kane might be in legal trouble in Buffalo (verifiable sources only, no hearsay)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

PrairieDayz

Mar 22, 2015
Dallas
Clock still ticking...

...awaiting release of lab DNA tests next week. if no match...relief prolly...match...ugh.....

deytookerjaabs

Johnny Paycheck's Tank Advisor
Sep 26, 2010
Eastern Shore
So I got to thinking about this.... My best relationships all started with intoxicated fiasco's including the current one. The worst relationships all started off on the "proper" foot. Then I thought about my married friends: One couple met at a sorority/fraternity event...drunk sex. Another started early on after high school prom + Schnapps, you know where that leads. Another met at the gym but didn't sleep together until after attending a kegger thrown by another friend. Another couple met in Paris at a club while he was in the Army, very romantic drunken shenanigans. None of them are habitual drinkers either, the more I think about it the more I realize how many couples I know had their first experience with a little help from liquor.

Now, if I am, and all these people I also know are driving on your roads, drinking from your fountains, and flying your planes while being habitual RAPISTS you should do yourselves a favor and stay in Mom's basement. It's ugly out there, real ugly. There's these people who go out, find people they like in way or the other and fornicate with them after consuming that devil poison like the heathens they are! They need to free all those hemp lovers and put us rapists in jail where we belong. I'm not going to lie, me and the lady are watching a movie I can't tolerate. She's having wine, I have a glass of diet/whiskey. I might be a victim tonight, it's one of those kinds of movies.

hawksrule

Lot of brains but no polish
May 18, 2014
I said more-or-less rather than making an absolute statement. Twain has noted several times about the mob mentality in US regarding race and other social contradictions.

We apes aren't big fans of thinking it seems. The reaction to this only demonstrates that.

This is a silly distraction, but it's funny that three posts in you still can't provide a citation to Twain saying what you claimed :laugh:

One would think that history should at least help guide present-day policy. How rape is being handled in the campuses and elsewhere really does seem very unsustainable.

Oh well, let's just continue being a bunch of aimless apes.

What in the world is this in response to?

I guess deleting my post was necessary.. I'd like to be able to defend myself to someone pretty much calling me a sexual predator. The post of yours I was talking about was NOT what you're saying now. I didnt imply I take advantage of drunk girls. I said girls get drunk at parties sometimes. So do guys. It's quite common in life. I dont date rape girls or something...

Nope, I've been perfectly consistent. In response to my statement "pursuing sex with a woman whom you know has been drinking excessively is both pathetic and creepy", you responded "Describes most guys 20s haha." If you were describing 'most guys' but excluding yourself from that group, that certainly wasn't implied. And you don't exactly absolve yourself by finding it a humorous character trait.

Is it considered rape if a married couple has sex while intoxicated? What are the rules for inebriated gays and lesbians?

I thought I already answered this dumb strawman. Rape is a legal term with nuances which vary by state, and of which I haven't opined. I gave a moral opinion, not a legal one.

SAADfather

Dec 12, 2014
So I got to thinking about this.... My best relationships all started with intoxicated fiasco's including the current one. The worst relationships all started off on the "proper" foot. Then I thought about my married friends: One couple met at a sorority/fraternity event...drunk sex. Another started early on after high school prom + Schnapps, you know where that leads. Another met at the gym but didn't sleep together until after attending a kegger thrown by another friend. Another couple met in Paris at a club while he was in the Army, very romantic drunken shenanigans. None of them are habitual drinkers either, the more I think about it the more I realize how many couples I know had their first experience with a little help from liquor.

Now, if I am, and all these people I also know are driving on your roads, drinking from your fountains, and flying your planes while being habitual RAPISTS you should do yourselves a favor and stay in Mom's basement. It's ugly out there, real ugly. There's these people who go out, find people they like in way or the other and fornicate with them after consuming that devil poison like the heathens they are! They need to free all those hemp lovers and put us rapists in jail where we belong. I'm not going to lie, me and the lady are watching a movie I can't tolerate. She's having wine, I have a glass of diet/whiskey. I might be a victim tonight, it's one of those kinds of movies.

In my college days, I had quite a few nights where I completely blacked out and woke up next to a girl. My longest relationship started with waking up next to a girl I had no recollection of meeting (I was 20), in her apartment. True story, and one of the most frightening things in the AM. Navigating that when I woke up hungover as **** was not fun. She remembered me clearly, and I had no clue what her name was. Who would have known my longest relationship would stem from me getting raped?

I realize athletes do have to be held to a higher standard, but saying Kane shouldnt be out drinking and puting himself in these situations is definatly premature with the facts available.

Last edited by a moderator:

The_Chosen_One

Jul 4, 2006
Melbourne, Australia
This is a silly distraction, but it's funny that three posts in you still can't provide a citation to Twain saying what you claimed :laugh:
Look who is talking, dude. I said "more-or-less" rather than making a deterministic arrangement.

You're the king of oversimplification. Twain's work revolved around the theme around the mob mentality which is divorced from a empirical method. I never suggested that it's inevitable ( no, ****), but it does seem ridiculously common.

What in the world is this in response to?
You've entered a thread and posted decided to reduce the situation. Instead, what I see is a insular villager unwilling to realise that rape is highly politicised.

It sure is wrong but sending out lynch mob isn't sustainable. Maybe visit some South Chicago neighbourhood and talk to people about jumping the gun.

Once again, insular man. You come off a highly rigid and even more irrelevant with every successive post.

Nope, I've been perfectly consistent. In response to my statement "pursuing sex with a woman whom you know has been drinking excessively is both pathetic and creepy", you responded "Describes most guys 20s haha." If you were describing 'most guys' but excluding yourself from that group, that certainly wasn't implied. And you don't exactly absolve yourself by finding it a humorous character trait.
The problem is lack of a reference point. What is "excessive"? Women in clubs do often play with alcohol and drugs. This discrimination process is a hardly scientific one, but thankfully, my episodes end with a good note.

The_Chosen_One

Jul 4, 2006
Melbourne, Australia
In my college days, I had quite a few nights where I completely blacked out and woke up next to a girl. My longest relationship started with waking up next to a girl I had no recollection of meeting (I was 20), in her apartment. True story, and one of the most frightening things in the AM. Navigating that when I woke up hungover as **** was not fun. She remembered me clearly, and I had no clue what her name was. Who would have known my longest relationship would stem from me getting raped?

I realize athletes do have to be held to a higher standard, but saying Kane shouldnt be out drinking and puting himself in these situations is definatly premature with the facts available.
I had a similar experience as well. The oversimplifying in this thread is really getting ridiculous.

Let's create a dichotomy out of something that doesn't exist. Thankfully, most people aren't this stupid.

hawksrule

Lot of brains but no polish
May 18, 2014
Look who is talking, dude. I said "more-or-less" rather than making a deterministic arrangement.

You're the king of oversimplification. Twain's work revolved around the theme around the mob mentality which is divorced from a empirical method. I never suggested that it's inevitable ( no, ****), but it does seem ridiculously common.

Nice try. Your initial post referenced Twain's view that that the mentality is 'universal', a position for which four posts later you still cannot provide a citation. 'More or less' came later. Who cares if Twain employed empirical evidence? That's a red herring that you crowbarred in for the sake of obfuscation. You could just admit you're wrong instead of digging in and looking silly.

You've entered a thread and posted decided to reduce the situation. Instead, what I see is a insular villager unwilling to realise that rape is highly politicised.

It sure is wrong but sending out lynch mob isn't sustainable. Maybe visit some South Chicago neighbourhood and talk to people about jumping the gun.

Once again, insular man. You come off a highly rigid and even more irrelevant with every successive post.

You're saying we should wait to hear the facts before presuming guilt? Gee, how profound. What a fresh perspective. Find something I said to the contrary, nitwit.

As far as reducing the situation, hardly. You're projecting the methods employed by you and your MRA brethren who prefer a black and white world, void of nuance and responsibility. Call me all the names you want, but at some point attach a cogent argument with your mudslinging -- something which four posts into our conversation you have yet to do. I made several points, you can tell me where you so vehemently disagree. 1. Targeting/hitting on women whom you know are intoxicated is pathetic and creepy. 2. It's incumbent to obtain a woman's consent to anything physical. 3. A woman who's intoxicated suffers from an impaired judgment which precludes a proper consent, and therefore, as a man, you should back off. 4. Women shoulder the brunt of the negative consequences of sex.

You're simply looking to defend an abhorrent practice. Couching your spiel in buzzwords doesn't change the issue. You've got the big words and insults down, but remember , the most important part of an argument is actually making a point.

The problem is lack of a reference point. What is "excessive"? Women in clubs do often play with alcohol and drugs. This discrimination process is a hardly scientific one, but thankfully, my episodes end with a good note.

A cognitive awareness, in the same way you can identify that it wouldn't be safe for that person to drive. See, this isn't so hard.

Last edited:

GGGHawks18

Dec 16, 2011
^ wow.

Shortly after she and her friend arrived at Kane’s home on Old Lakeshore Road, the accuser alleges that she went by herself into another room, where Kane followed her, overpowered her and raped her, the sources said.

-----

Yeah that doesn't sound good.

But, did you read farther down the article? It said there were 2 women hanging all over Kane and followed him home

Hawkscap

Jan 22, 2007
Yeah that doesn't sound good.

But, did you read farther down the article? It said there were 2 women hanging all over Kane and followed him home

You might want to pay attention to the opening locker room scene.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Of course we do not know all the facts...but if reports Kane was s**t-bombed out of his mind at the bar before going home and that 2 women followed him home are true then we must ask what women I'm their right minds would follow a completely drunk guy to his house? ALSO it must be asked how Kane got home...obviously could not drive so if a taxi or friend took him home were the women in that car too? Can the driver she'd light on what was happening while they drove to his house...Or did the women take their own taxi? Again...their motives must be in question too...If he was that drunk maybe they had predatory motives to mine gold at his expense and the plot thickens...If it was another guy at his home who did the alleged nasty deed (maybe that guy was not drunk...because if Kane was allegedly so drunk it implies he could not overpower a non-drunk woman anyway such a stupor...if the woman who alleges rape was so drunk herself ...they you have very fuzzy recollections of how it went down ...or you have both parties at fault for not controlling their behaviors. .or you have 2 drunks in consent for sex)...So obviously without all the facts we are left with only questions.Once the facts are known to his lawyer ...only then can he mount a defense ..because a oot of questions will be put against the complainant where the lawyer sees opportunity to use against her...Did the rape actually ocurr...Did Kane do it or someone else?Was she in her right mind or too drunk to recall if she said No? If there is a charge...is the was the accused too drunk to understand a NO ...and if he was that drunk and she was not then how could she let herself get overpowered? Too many facts we do not know. Could be very fuzzy. He said...she said...or both too bombed to trust whatever they day now in their right minds? Witnesses to what went on before and to how drunk both were or not? Others in the house? Result of the rape test..his DNA or not? Lots of questions..The lawyer will dig for answers...if there are answers to all the questions.

Kaners PPGs

Jun 2, 2012
Chicagoland (Tinley Park)

Very nice post. There have been some ridiculous, unrealistic ideas floated in this thread about alcohol and consent.

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
This is actually interesting now. Where were the friends in all this? Conceivably some of Kane's entourage was there with those other friends. Why was the accuser wondering around in Kane's house? Also, I've heard there were texts between these two, is that true?

CPHawksFan

That's Hockey Baby!!
Jun 17, 2011
Crown Point, IN
The results of the DNA test will tell us all we need to know. There is the outside chance that it wasn't Kane who raped her, but possibly one of Kane's friends. Either way, something bad went down that night at kane's house.

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
The results of the DNA test will tell us all we need to know. There is the outside chance that it wasn't Kane who raped her, but possibly one of Kane's friends. Either way, something bad went down that night at kane's house.

Why does it have to be bad? Again, the guy is innocent until proven otherwise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad