Kane might be in legal trouble in Buffalo (verifiable sources only, no hearsay)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MurrayBannerman

I post about baseball on a hockey forum
Feb 18, 2012
CHI
Can you really put that much stock into what the bar owner has to say? He cant be very credible. He's probably on Kane's side because Kane provide's $$$ to that bar when he is in Buffalo.

So the bar owner is just gonna throw him self on the fire for all of his customers?

Witnesses are dumb, apparently.

hawksrule

Lot of brains but no polish
May 18, 2014
Only the police could say that. You could imagine with Kane being the most popular public figure in Buffalo, that they are dotting their i's and crossing their t's before proceeding in any direction.

Also that woman that the bar owner said was very flirtatious with Kaner for a couple hours...that would be very interesting if it turns out she is the alleged victim.

What's interesting about it?

Quiddity

Feb 17, 2014
Is it considered rape if a married couple has sex while intoxicated? What are the rules for inebriated gays and lesbians?

I thought I already answered this dumb strawman. Rape is a legal term with nuances which vary by state, and of which I haven't opined. I gave a moral opinion, not a legal one.

I'm not sure if you're being purposefully obtuse or just don't want to answer the questions. I am simply curious how you would apply your "moral opinion" to "nuanced" situations. You have already noted that fault can be established based solely on gender. Given that you are willing to make this distinction, isn't it fair to assume that there are other distinctions that you would be willing to consider as well?

Such as:

-Is the behavior of pairing intoxicants with sex just as egregious for males in established relationships as it would be for a promiscuous encounter?

-How do you apply your "moral opinion" to gay couples?

-Do you assume that a male's predatory behavior is always greater than a female's?

thesaadfather

Kneel Before Saad!
Jan 30, 2014
Ohio
What's interesting about it?
It's interesting because, right or not, people will look at that and try to use it as evidence that she was trying to take advantage of Kane to get money out of him. Even if it is incredibly flimsy and circumstantial.

Periwinkle

Apr 3, 2014
Yep and then spends a long time in prison.

Well, if he raped someone him spending a lot of time in prison would actually be the best scenario. Unfortunately, with a big local hero being involved I wouldn't bet on it.

Blue Liner

Dec 12, 2009
Chicago
Maybe I'm completely alone here, but we've heard nothing from the Kane camp, essentially. If you're Kane and you 100% know you are not guilty of what you're being accused of, don't you come right out and adamantly publicly deny any wrongdoing? I mean, I get lawyering up, even if I knew I was innocent I would do that, but I'd sure as hell want to come out fighting and denying I did anything than to be sitting back waiting silently on an investigation. I'm not stirring the pot and using this as a sly way to say I think Kane did anything, I'm speaking strictly on how I would feel if I'm the one being accused in this scenario. Is this too simpleton of thinking on my part?

Sir Loin

Apr 19, 2014
Chicago
Maybe I'm completely alone here, but we've heard nothing from the Kane camp, essentially. If you're Kane and you 100% know you are not guilty of what you're being accused of, don't you come right out and adamantly publicly deny any wrongdoing? I mean, I get lawyering up, even if I knew I was innocent I would do that, but I'd sure as hell want to come out fighting and denying I did anything than to be sitting back waiting silently on an investigation. I'm not stirring the pot and using this as a sly way to say I think Kane did anything, I'm speaking strictly on how I would feel if I'm the one being accused in this scenario. Is this too simpleton of thinking on my part?

As barely any solid facts are being released about this case and no charges have been filed yet, it would be in his best interest to keep quiet for now as opposed to risk further incriminating himself.

Periwinkle

Apr 3, 2014
I wouldn't infer anything from the silence. It's smart to keep your mouth shut, especially if sex took place and he was drunk and hazy on the detals.

I wonder how awkward his family Stanley Cup celebration was.

94wasagoodyear

Jan 19, 2014

You would think that would be the case. Or, if you know your 100% not guilty, you shut up, say nothing and the legal process take its course.

Hawks4life

Apr 3, 2011

You are not alone at all. But he does have a very top notch lawyer who I am sure is calling each and every shot for him right now. This is a very delicate time and who knows what the next little bit will bring. People will not sympathize with Kane right now it is best if he lets everything run course and go from there.

hawksrule

Lot of brains but no polish
May 18, 2014
Did you read the bar owner's comments? He made her out to be sort of stalker-ish. She was flirting with him, seemed to be blocking other women from getting to Kane...then followed him out the door when Kane and his friends left. His lawyer would have a field day with her in court. Again, only if this turns out to be the same woman.

I still don't know where you got flirting is consent. Has nothing to do with anything I posted.

No doubt his lawyer will play blame the victim, even if her story is 100% true.

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side

I brought it up earlier, and a couple different situations were presented where staying quiet would be best.

Me personally? If I was publically accused of sexual assault I'd be screaming from my rooftop through a megaphone my innocence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad