Kadri player discssion thread.

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

ECanuck

Jan 7, 2010
Hamilton
Just saying, IF the Leafs trade for or sign a #1C (like Stamkos for example) where would Kadri fit?

If Marner and Nylander develop into top 6 centers themselves where does Kadri fit in relation to them in the line-up?

Kadri might be competing for the #1C job this year but in a couple of years he might be #3C when the dust settles.

XXXX - Nylander --- XXXX
XXXX - Marner ----- XXXX
XXXX - Kadri ------- XXXX

Where Kadri fits into the big picture long-term will weigh heavily when it comes to Leafs and his next contract next summer. Are the Leaf going to give him a 7 to 8 year deal at > $6 mil if he has a big year statistically if he projects as Leafs #3C in a few years?

I personally believe Leafs management think Nylander and Marner have greater potential >> Kadri so it will matter in the future what they do with Naz.

If it turns out to be that gravy you can always shift him on the wing later in his career.

Pookie

Wear a mask
Oct 23, 2013
Bozak usually gets criticized because he never did anything to earn the #1 center role on this team. It was gifted to him, and the lack of accountability on this team allowed him to keep it, despite consistent sub-par results.

People harp on his failure to reach 50 points because a player in his position should be in the 60 point range. When you play with 2 top wingers, and get 1st PP, that's pretty much the minimum of what's expected. He literally never came close, yet still kept being spoon-fed the opportunity.

Respectfully, maybe your sentiment should be aimed at the plethora of Centres that have failed to step up and take Bozak's job vs putting it on Bozak for being Bozak.

Even with him, a vast majority said that the team still needs a bonafide 1C.

With all of Kadri's off ice issues, that we are told by Shanahan were multiple in nature, did you expect the Leafs to just gift him the job?

Nothing wrong with earning it.

Where we stand now is that Kadri is auditioning for a long term contract now. Seems to have been to the gym and kept his nose clean... and had a meh, kind of preseason.

Up to him now.

Isn't that fair?

For the record, I'd still keep looking for the bonafide 1C.

Duckrider

Oct 6, 2015
Respectfully, maybe your sentiment should be aimed at the plethora of Centres that have failed to step up and take Bozak's job vs putting it on Bozak for being Bozak.

With all of Kadri's off ice issues, that we are told by Shanahan were multiple in nature, did you expect the Leafs to just gift him the job?

Where we stand now is that Kadri is auditioning for a long term contract now. Seems to have been to the gym and kept his nose clean... and had a meh, kind of preseason.

Up to him now.

Isn't that fair?

I believe It was Kessel throwing a hissy fit every time his buddy was put on another line. And now he is gone and look....

mikebel111*

I believe It was Kessel throwing a hissy fit every time his buddy was put on another line. And now he is gone and look....

The thing is though Bozak is not a coachable player. He continues to do whatever he wants and just isnt committed enough. Babcock looks like he had enough of Bozak really quickly. As someone said on other page, 3 coaches dont have a job right now because of playing Tyler Bozak in a role that he didnt work for.
No one wanted a low effort level average 3rd line C with huge defensive issues. Leafs couldnt even get a 2nd round pick for him.

The better player is now on the 1st line that managment likes and wants to keep.

Pookie

Wear a mask
Oct 23, 2013
The thing is though Bozak is not a coachable player. He continues to do whatever he wants and just isnt committed enough. Babcock looks like he had enough of Bozak really quickly. As someone said on other page, 3 coaches dont have a job right now because of playing Tyler Bozak in a role that he didnt work for.
No one wanted a low effort level average 3rd line C with huge defensive issues. Leafs couldnt even get a 2nd round pick for him.

The better player is now on the 1st line that managment likes and wants to keep.

Is Bozak still wearing the "A"?

Jimmy Firecracker

They Fired Sheldon!
Mar 30, 2010
Mississauga

First, given where each team is at currently, it'd be a bad trade from both sides. Tampa's a contender, Toronto is rebuilding. Why would Tampa trade the vastly superior player when they have a very real chance to win the Cup this year?

Second, it wouldn't be just Kadri we'd be sending, we're talking a first and multiple other futures. Stamkos isn't going to turn this teams fortunes around by himself, a trade for him now would be akin to the Kessel trade of 2009.

Third, Stamkos is a UFA come seasons end. The Leafs aren't winning anything this year, with or without him. Why spend the assets to get him when we could sign him for free come July? If Tampa is so willing to trade him then the chances of him making it to UFA are pretty good. Take your chances and wait while continuing to stockpile future assets this year.

If you desperately want to trade Kadri, don't do it on a (second in the last 10 years) franchise crippling move. Trade him for futures and call it a day.

Purity*

Jan 29, 2010
Some posters in this thread sounds like they're going to find another team to cheer for when the Leafs sign Kadri.

Mats13

Apr 22, 2015

Do people actually believe this stuff :laugh:

Anyway, he's earned it and lets hope he performs.

King85Kong

Playoffs?
Nov 24, 2013
Toronto
But Bozak had more Ice Time in preseason.

This doesnt' make sense.

Lol, i remember a certain poster going on how Bozak had more minutes in a preseason game so that must of meant Babcock trusted him more. Guess they were wrong on that. This should have been done a long time ago. Best center on the first line, its a miracle. Thank you Babcock. Finally :yo:

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
Immature? I don't recall him drinking and driving and crashing into a tree. :laugh:

What are your opinion on Ryan O'rielly's and Zack Kassian maturity level?
we're talking about Kadri, not other team's misfits, please stay on point........

Hockey Talker29

Oct 10, 2003
Toronto
Visit site

Up to him now.

Isn't that fair?

Both Kadri and Grabo outplayed Bozak for the #1 center role in different years. Neither were given the opportunity to take it. I can't recall any stretch longer than 3 games where Bozak (whilst healthy) wasn't paired with Kessel.

Even Bolland outplayed Bozak for the short time he was healthy in Toronto.

To be fair, that's not saying much, but the point is that other centers should have been given a shot like this a LONG time ago. It finally looks like it's about to happen.

We'll still need to develop a #1 center through the draft (or maybe Nylander or Marner will be able to do it). But when that happens, I think that we'll have a very solid #2 with Kadri, if we keep him.

Jimmy Firecracker

They Fired Sheldon!
Mar 30, 2010
Mississauga
Both Kadri and Grabo outplayed Bozak for the #1 center role in different years. Neither were given the opportunity to take it. I can't recall any stretch longer than 3 games where Bozak (whilst healthy) wasn't paired with Kessel.

Even Bolland outplayed Bozak for the short time he was healthy in Toronto.

To be fair, that's not saying much, but the point is that other centers should have been given a shot like this a LONG time ago. It finally looks like it's about to happen.

We'll still need to develop a #1 center through the draft (or maybe Nylander or Marner will be able to do it). But when that happens, I think that we'll have a very solid #2 with Kadri, if we keep him.

A shame it didn't happen while Kessel was here. I'd have liked to seen what Kadri or Grabovski could've accomplished Kessel had they been given more than 3 games in a row with him. Too bad but thems the breaks of incompetent coaching that refuses to try anything different.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad