Kadri player discssion thread.

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
Yeah cause 3 games that 2 centers played on an awful team is a perfectly reasonable sample size.

Sometimes I think I might have more respect for some of these haters if they'd just be honest and tell us what is it that they really have against Nazem as the statistical arguments they present to prove he's nothing more than a 3rd line player are :facepalm: worthy.

Durrr

Sep 11, 2012
Sometimes I think I might have more respect for some of these haters if they'd just be honest and tell us what is it that they really have against Nazem as the statistical arguments they present to prove he's nothing more than a 3rd line player are :facepalm: worthy.

It's absolutely crazy, it's been 3 games and it's the same group of posters who will try and make up arguments out of anything.

Lets wait awhile to see how individual players are doing, shall we?

leaffaninvancouver

formerly in Victoria
Jan 11, 2012

Neither side is innocent in this and far to eager to claim victory. Bozak and Kadri will likely swap the top line multiple times before this season is out.

Personally I think most of complaints about Kadri are because his most vocal supporters will twist anything to make him look good and others bad. I have no doubt if the roles were reversed and Bozak started on the top line instead and had the same results as Kadri we'd have a very different conversation.

Kadri is snake bitten right now has been for a while really, he has all the talent but he's not getting it all to come together, if Bozak and JVR stay together I'd like to see if Lupul can spark him as he has in the past.

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
Neither side is innocent in this and far to eager to claim victory. Bozak and Kadri will likely swap the top line multiple times before this season is out.

Personally I think most of complaints about Kadri are because his most vocal supporters will twist anything to make him look good and others bad. I have no doubt if the roles were reversed and Bozak started on the top line instead and had the same results as Kadri we'd have a very different conversation.

Kadri is snake bitten right now has been for a while really, he has all the talent but he's not getting it all to come together, if Bozak and JVR stay together I'd like to see if Lupul can spark him as he has in the past.

What victory? Why can't players be judged on their own merits? I personally hope all our players do well, that includes both Bozak and Kadri.

Bomber0104

Apr 8, 2007
Burlington
Trying to figure out what smells worse seems kind of pointless.

Has it ever occurred to anyone that maybe BOTH Kadri and Bozak aren't cut out for top-six duties in the NHL?

No?

Well maybe it should.

Additonally, debating which is better/worse using *insert here* useless stat does nothing to prove they are, in fact, good hockey players

leaffaninvancouver

formerly in Victoria
Jan 11, 2012
What victory? Why can't players be judged on their own merits? I personally hope all our players do well, that includes both Bozak and Kadri.

So do I, frankly if more people had that viewpoint we'd be better off. They should be judged on their own merit but they are always held up against one another. I've never seen such a debate over two players who don't really qualify as a first line center.

Ovate

Dec 17, 2014
Toronto

Has it ever occurred to anyone that maybe BOTH Kadri and Bozak aren't cut out for top-six duties in the NHL?

No?

Well maybe it should.

Additonally, debating which is better/worse using *insert here* useless stat does nothing to prove they are, in fact, good hockey players

Wow what an original thought!

Leaving Bozak out of it though, just about every stat shows that Kadri is a top 6 center in the NHL. Criticism of him seems to either be based on a completely unqualified "eye test", or saying he's not a #1 center.

The guy has had three seasons in a row where he's shown to be a top 6 center, and he's still young enough to improve more.

I have my doubts about whether Kadri has a future on the Leafs, but that stems from his off-ice behavior.

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN

No?

Well maybe it should.

Is point production a "useless stat"? Because Kadri has three consecutive seasons of top six point production.

By what criteria isn't he one?

Banic

Jun 23, 2010
Toronto
Is point production a "useless stat"? Because Kadri has three consecutive seasons of top six point production.

By what criteria isn't he one?

39 points is "top 6" Centerman for point production? I'm pretty sure over 60 other centermen had more points last year.

Hugh Mongusbig

Mar 7, 2012

No?

Well maybe it should.

It sure has occurred to me and I've been saying as much. Both guys need to be cut loose and moved on from after this season.

Banic

Jun 23, 2010
Toronto
Nope.

He also missed 9 games and played with Clarkson most of the year.

Really, I guess the website I just counted (61 C with more points last year) was wrong. Games missed, while relevant, also needs to be taken into context as many other Centermen lost games as well (3-4 other C tied him in points on the year). He also didnt play with Clarkson most of the year due to his trade in February, and the fact Clarkson was tried on different lines. Also thats irrelevant when someone makes a statement of "top 6 production last 3 years". But keep trying to make strawman arguments.

Last edited:

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
Really, I guess the website I just counted (61 C with more points last year) was wrong. Games missed, while relevant, also needs to be taken into context as many other Centermen lost games as well (3-4 other C tied him in points on the year). He also didnt play with Clarkson most of the year due to his trade in February, and the fact Clarkson was tried on different lines. Also thats irrelevant when someone makes a statement of "top 6 production last 3 years". But keep trying to make strawman arguments.

Does this mean Kadri's not as good as Zetterberg?

RLF

May 5, 2014
Although only three games, I was obviously hoping for more from Kadri. 0 ES points, team worst -5, 42% in the dot while only averaging 16 1/2 mins a game. The 14 shots is great, but the results aren't there and at 25 now, with over 250 NHL games and over 100 in the minors, I would not say he has exactly ceased the opportunity he has been given this season. At some point, his brain needs to catch up with his talent and play a complete game if he honestly believes he will be a #1 centre.

He was given a "show-me" contract imo...still hoping he puts it together, but tough start if this is what he is trying to show.

Joey Hoser

Jan 8, 2008
Guelph

What site are you looking at? NHL.COM has him tied for 56th among centers last year.

So his worst season in the last 3 years is still top 60.

You don't know what a strawman argument is.

Last edited:

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
Although only three games, I was obviously hoping for more from Kadri. 0 ES points, team worst -5, 42% in the dot while only averaging 16 1/2 mins a game. The 14 shots is great, but the results aren't there and at 25 now, with over 250 NHL games and over 100 in the minors, I would not say he has exactly ceased the opportunity he has been given this season. At some point, his brain needs to catch up with his talent and play a complete game if he honestly believes he will be a #1 centre.

He was given a "show-me" contract imo...still hoping he puts it together, but tough start if this is what he is trying to show.

Outscoring Crosby so far though, that's not too shabby. :D

Seriously though, please stop with the #1 centre talk. ( Unless you honestly think that's what the expectations should be.)

Wami

Chicken Lyfe'
Mar 8, 2013
3 Games in guys. Let's all take a collective breath. The team is only now figuring out how to play together and win.

RLF

May 5, 2014
Outscoring Crosby so far though, that's not too shabby. :D

Seriously though, please stop with the #1 centre talk. ( Unless you honestly think that's what the expectations should be.)

If you re-read my post, I said if that is what "HE" expects to be (not me), which is what he has stated more than once. Personally, I have always projected him as a 2nd line centre and nothing has changed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad