Kadri player discssion thread.

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

inthe6ix

Oct 3, 2008
Toronto, Canada
Well that didn't last long - 3 games in and he's already lost the job (again) to Bozak:

[Bozak's] been reunited with James van Riemsdyk on the first line, now featuring heat-seeking-missile Leo Komarov on right wing. As a unit, they spend more time in the offensive zone than the defensive zone and Bozak leads all Leaf forwards in ice time, averaging 18:55 a game. He’s plus-2 (Nazem Kadri is a minus-5 by comparison) and Bozak’s possession stats indicate more good things for his team happen than bad things when he’s on the ice.

http://www.thestar.com/sports/leafs...-babcock-seeks-to-break-clubs-bad-habits.html

Babs seems to really like Holland's game too - a lot of PP time for him and what a beauty goal against the Sens roof backhand. Good on him.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
Well that didn't last long - 3 games in and he's already lost the job (again) to Bozak:

http://www.thestar.com/sports/leafs...-babcock-seeks-to-break-clubs-bad-habits.html

Babs seems to really like Holland's game too - a lot of PP time for him and what a beauty goal against the Sens roof backhand. Good on him.

I like Komarov on the 1st line considering how he skates and plays. Clearly he is not 1st line material but regardless of that he works and is an excellent skater. Bozak on the 1st I believe is to get him points and raise his value.

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
Babs play whoever is playing well more on a game by game basis.
Honestly, with the current Leafs, is there really a First Line? More like two second lines and two third lines to me.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
Babs play whoever is playing well more on a game by game basis.
Honestly, with the current Leafs, is there really a First Line? More like two second lines and two third lines to me.

And to me its more like 3 3rd lines and a top 6 line.

dballislife2

Jul 7, 2011
bozak with leo wont give u much points, but might not give up much either, which is fine

so make a defensive line with winnik bozak leo...and offensive with jvr kadri lupul...cus sometimes u gotta score too

leaffaninvancouver

formerly in Victoria
Jan 11, 2012
I like Komarov on the 1st line considering how he skates and plays. Clearly he is not 1st line material but regardless of that he works and is an excellent skater. Bozak on the 1st I believe is to get him points and raise his value.

So when Kadri started the season on the top line it was just to trade him also right? Look Bozak and Kadri will likely switch lines again at some point but Kadri was taken off the top line because he wasn't producing and he was getting scored against.

All it will take is a bad game from Bozak to potentially swap them again, he's not there just to get points and traded though. Bozak is not popular here which fair enough, the stats people don't like him either again fair enough, but multiple coaches seem to appreciate his play.

Durrr

Sep 11, 2012
So when Kadri started the season on the top line it was just to trade him also right? Look Bozak and Kadri will likely switch lines again at some point but Kadri was taken off the top line because he wasn't producing and he was getting scored against.

All it will take is a bad game from Bozak to potentially swap them again, he's not there just to get points and traded though. Bozak is not popular here which fair enough, the stats people don't like him either again fair enough, but multiple coaches seem to appreciate his play.

lol everyone's so quick to place all the blame on Kadri, who has been for the most part, fine for the "season" (which is 3 games).

Kadri did not lose the 1st line center role already, much as Leo did not "earn" the 1st line wing position. The entire team has failed to get results, and lines are being juggled.

Banic

Jun 23, 2010
Toronto

thewave

Jun 17, 2011

Possibly. I think its just experimentation but in Bozaks case I am sure they want to unload.

Snow Dog

Victorious
Jan 3, 2013
GTA
Possibly. I think its just experimentation but in Bozaks case I am sure they want to unload.

Do you have inside info?Maybe Kadri is the one they want to unload.Remember they only gave him a 1 year deal the same way they did with the throw away players.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
Do you have inside info?Maybe Kadri is the one they want to unload.Remember they only gave him a 1 year deal the same way they did with the throw away players.

No inside info in these posts. I believe they may want to unload him though. I said prior if it were me, I would position to trade JVR and Kadri

dimi78

Aug 9, 2008
lol everyone's so quick to place all the blame on Kadri, who has been for the most part, fine for the "season" (which is 3 games).

Kadri did not lose the 1st line center role already, much as Leo did not "earn" the 1st line wing position. The entire team has failed to get results, and lines are being juggled.

There is no first line in Toronto. In fact people will soon realize that Babcock doesn't necessary label lines nor distribute minutes in a means based on that avenue. Even in Detroit where he had 2 studs down the middle TOI was distributed very even among lines. It's PP and PK minutes where players will differentiate mostly on minutes.

He doesn't micromanage 1st line- 4th lines which why no forward has broken the 20 minute mark which is where you would see the true #1 centers at. He runs a short shift bench where all his players get used.

With the change of line mates your correct that all it is, is to give a different look to get some offense as they've been firing blanks as a team. Kadri's role on this team is to play to his strength be a puck possession offensive playmaker and he's been just that. That's why with the changes he's still on the #1 PP.

#1 PP TOI when or if he looses that is when Babcock has lost interest in Kadri.
Bozak get's both PP & PK time and often his line comes out first after TV timeouts that's where the difference of TOI comes from to be more than Kadri's.... There is no #1 center in Toronto as there's no #1 line. Just a coach that's awake at the wheel distributes minutes in away that shifts are to be short, everybody is involved and fresh for there next shift all the while with the focus in using them towards there strengths. This is an environment where growth can occur as Babcock will make in game adjustment to reward good play for whomever it is something that was never possible under a micromanaged bench Carlyle deployed.

#coaching101 we're not use to it and many of us frankly with all the focus on berating players, overhyping others have forgotten what it's like to have a good coach and what it's met to earn it for the players.

Babcock didn't anoint Kadri the #1 center. The media did. As it's seems is that everybody is going hatch on to whomever is centering JVR is the teams #1 center which isn't the case.

Snow Dog

Victorious
Jan 3, 2013
GTA
There is no first line in Toronto. In fact people will soon realize that Babcock doesn't necessary label lines nor distribute minutes in a means based on that avenue. Even in Detroit where he had 2 studs down the middle TOI was distributed very even among lines. It's PP and PK minutes where players will differentiate mostly on minutes.

He doesn't micromanage 1st line- 4th lines which why no forward has broken the 20 minute mark which is where you would see the true #1 centers at. He runs a short shift bench where all his players get used.

With the change of line mates your correct that all it is, is to give a different look to get some offense as they've been firing blanks as a team. Kadri's role on this team is to play to his strength be a puck possession offensive playmaker and he's been just that. That's why with the changes he's still on the #1 PP.

#1 PP TOI when or if he looses that is when Babcock has lost interest in Kadri.
Bozak get's both PP & PK time and often his line comes out first after TV timeouts that's where the difference of TOI comes from to be more than Kadri's.... There is no #1 center in Toronto as there's no #1 line. Just a coach that's awake at the wheel distributes minutes in away that shifts are to be short, everybody is involved and fresh for there next shift all the while with the focus in using them towards there strengths. This is an environment where growth can occur as Babcock will make in game adjustment to reward good play for whomever it is something that was never possible under a micromanaged bench Carlyle deployed.

#coaching101 we're not use to it and many of us frankly with all the focus on berating players, overhyping others have forgotten what it's like to have a good coach and what it's met to earn it for the players.

Babcock didn't anoint Kadri the #1 center. The media did. As it's seems is that everybody is going hatch on to whomever is centering JVR is the teams #1 center which isn't the case.

Read the first few pages of this thread and you may see why there are posters questioning Kadri's level of play.

Hockey Talker29

Oct 10, 2003
Toronto
Visit site
As long as Kadri has the most combined ES and PP minutes, I'm ok.

They need to take Bozak off the 1st PP. I'd probably take him off the 2nd PP as well, but I suppose he could stay there.

Our PP has looked useless without Kadri on it this season.

Hugh Mongusbig

Mar 7, 2012
The first three games should be more proof that neither Naz, nor Bozak are 1st line NHL centers on any decent team.

Snow Dog

Victorious
Jan 3, 2013
GTA
As long as Kadri has the most combined ES and PP minutes, I'm ok.

They need to take Bozak off the 1st PP. I'd probably take him off the 2nd PP as well, but I suppose he could stay there.

Our PP has looked useless without Kadri on it this season.

Kadri has 7:50 pp time in 3 games.Bozak has 7:25.

johnny_rudeboy

Mar 20, 2006
Karlstad
Thus far, Kadri has the worst possession stats of any Leafs center.

All 4 of them?

3 games in and so few to compare with it is to early to tell anything.

I am not a believer in Kadri, think he will not make it as a solid top 6 center for us. But I am willing to give him this season to prove me wrong and so far he has not proven anything in either direction.

Ovate

Dec 17, 2014
Toronto
Over 3 games, QoC and ZS% make a huge difference too. I don't actually know how those factors have affected Kadri's stats though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad