Kadri discussion thread after his 30th goal - now featuring 60 points!

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

1specter

Sep 27, 2016
Okay, yes more reasonable and today you'd think it would take a top 5 pick +, due to his silly contract and production.(Depending on the draft)
Nice to see your tune has changed from December :naughty::
Watched Kadri carrying the puck up the ice, his wingers taking a smoke break at the blueline commenting on Kadri's ability to mangle the puck.

Kadri is just too slow to be considered a line driver.

One of the most overrated players in Leafs history.

Bluelines

Python FTW!
Nov 17, 2013
Kadri and Brown look like they are developing some good chemistry while playing extremely responsible hockey. Loving the cycle game and back checking of the Kadri line. Our most important line by far.

Brown has had some 10 bell scoring chances recently but for what ever reason he's snake bitten, he has a goal scorers instinct but Colton Orr's finish. If he figures it out he will easily be a 20 goal scorer.

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
yea.... and then we cry and moan that we do not have a good shut down center and no secondary scoring that can come cheap like about 4.5 million cap hit

:shakehead

It's kind of depressing that for years now, any time there is a thread about Kadri (and often in threads that aren't even about Kadri) some people come along and talk about trading him. Will it ever end? The guy is awesome and is signed to a long term deal for a pittance that makes him one of the best "bang for the buck" veterans in the entire league and people still want to trade him? It's often (not always) the same people too. Of course they never have anything against Kadri, it's always about making the team better. :sarcasm:

Gentlemen, Kadri hit 30 goals. The trade deadline has passed. We are quite likely headed for the playoffs. If you want to trade Kadri, how about giving the rest of us a break please. Either give it a rest for a while or if you must talk about trading Kadri, please take it to the appropriate thread. See the thread title - talk of trading Kadri simply does not belong here. Thanks.

nsleaf

Oct 21, 2009
It's kind of depressing that for years now, any time there is a thread about Kadri (and often in threads that aren't even about Kadri) some people come along and talk about trading him. Will it ever end? The guy is awesome and is signed to a long term deal for a pittance that makes him one of the best "bang for the buck" veterans in the entire league and people still want to trade him? It's often (not always) the same people too. Of course they never have anything against Kadri, it's always about making the team better. :sarcasm:

Gentlemen, Kadri hit 30 goals. The trade deadline has passed. We are quite likely headed for the playoffs. If you want to trade Kadri, how about giving the rest of us a break please. Either give it a rest for a while or if you must talk about trading Kadri, please take it to the appropriate thread. See the thread title - talk of trading Kadri simply does not belong here. Thanks.

How dare they speak of such nonsense, tow the line or get out. :shakehead

LeafingTheWay

May 31, 2014
What's the idea for next year though. Do we move move Komarov to mentor a different guy or just keep him with Kadri?

If Nylander is a C next year, I'd love to have Komarov on his wing to ***** at Nylander till he evolves into being solid defensively 24/7 (like Kadri has become kind of). <-- Backstory to that being that both Komarov/Kadri said that Komarov has been essential to Kadri's development defensively because he would **** on Kadri if he didn't backcheck properly. :laugh:

Leipsic/Hyman/Leivo - Kadri - Brown
Komarov - Nylander - Marner

LeafsLegendAkiBerg

The original great 8
Oct 12, 2006
What strikes me about his season is how many of his goals are coming either in the blue paint of a foot outside of it. Babs getting Kadri to simplify his offensive game is the best thing to happen to Kadri. Kadri may not be scoring the highlight reel goals we were hoping for, but he's sure good at cleaning up the garbage.

1specter

Sep 27, 2016
How dare they speak of such nonsense, tow the line or get out. :shakehead

Yes, you can only talk about trading other players... like JVR who is 7 months older.

This is a thread about Kadri scoring 30 goals. If you want to talk about trading Kadri, there is a player discussion thread devoted to him along with a trade speculation / proposals thread where you can do so. :)

diceman934

Help is on the way.
Jul 31, 2010
NHL player factory
i dunno if he's better than ROR, but i would take Kadri on his contract almost everytime when you compare them with their cap hits and on ice output

I would take kadri every day over him. There is a reason why he was traded away from Colorado...and he has not yet gotten over it.

diceman934

Help is on the way.
Jul 31, 2010
NHL player factory

Kadri has been the heart and soul of this team this year....plays for keeps and at time the only push back we have seen. He will not be traded anytime soon based on how valuable he is seen by his coach.

My god the man has been nothing but great the last two seasons and took a hair cut to stay with the Leafs....he bleeds blue and white and his commitment to thee team has been beyond what we can expect from any player.

So yes lets trade him....:help:

1specter

Sep 27, 2016
Oh, I don't have an illusions about Kadri.

He is very good for his price point.

When he signed that contract last year I was happy.

I'll still call it when he stinks.

You posted that after they blew out Arizona and Colorado back-to-back and JVR-Kadri-Marner torched the two teams together :dunno:

JonnyMacAwesome

Jan 27, 2016
Ottawa, ON
Kadri has been the heart and soul of this team this year....plays for keeps and at time the only push back we have seen. He will not be traded anytime soon based on how valuable he is seen by his coach.

My god the man has been nothing but great the last two seasons and took a hair cut to stay with the Leafs....he bleeds blue and white and his commitment to thee team has been beyond what we can expect from any player.

:handclap::handclap::handclap:

Well said Dice

MJ65

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto

No question about it

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
To be honest, never thought he would score 30 in the NHL. Come on, I think you have to be lying if you said that you expected him to hit 30 goals in his career.

Bluelines

Python FTW!
Nov 17, 2013
I would take kadri every day over him. There is a reason why he was traded away from Colorado...and he has not yet gotten over it.

There is a reason why #99 was traded too, i guess we can insinuiate the samething you are :sarcasm:

Polaris1010

Mar 23, 2017
grandma's cellar

That's the thing about Kadri. He plays with a lot of heart.

He's not only one of the smaller guys on the team, but he's one of the smaller guys in the entire league, and there he is in the middle of all the crap.

Even Gardiner is like that too in a way. If something happens on the ice he does not like, he skates over a gives a little jab with the stick or a cross check. We're talking about a player who rarely even slashes anyone in regular play, but he'll be among the first to defend a teammate.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9G28YcxAXXk

Pookie

Wear a mask
Oct 23, 2013
Find it interesting that we can trade captains like Clark, Gilmour, Sittler, Vaive, Keon or let Sundin walk for nothing or let Lanny MacDonald go ... yet we have this one player on this little corner of the internet that can't be moved.

Weird.

Anyways, he had a good season on and off the ice.

Keep it up

Bluelines

Python FTW!
Nov 17, 2013

Wendel Clark heart and soul of the Maple Leafs, bled blue and white ,was never traded after a 46 goal season either.... sorry to punch holes in your theory but heart and soul players have been traded in the past and they will be traded in the future... a good GM knows each player is a commodity that at some point will have declining value...a team on the rise cant afford to have depreciating assets.

So not Kadri cause he will never ever be traded, you've made that clear, its umpossible but in todays market whats a 30 goal scorer worth? 22 years ago Wendel was worth a first overall draftee, maybe Quebec paid more for a guy who bleeds blue and white, think we could parlee a 30 goal scorer for a franchise center?

Polaris1010

Mar 23, 2017
grandma's cellar
Find it interesting that we can trade captains like Clark, Gilmour, Sittler, Vaive, Keon or let Sundin walk for nothing or let Lanny MacDonald go ... yet we have this one player on this little corner of the internet that can't be moved.

Weird.

It is not weird. This list only reinforces the original desire to not trade Kadri.

Keon is before my time.

The other guys, Wendel was traded for Sundin. Viave for Alan Secord who career went straight down in Leafs land. Lanny MacDonald for Wilf Paiement who turn into Mirosav Frycher.

Do not even remember who they traded Sittler and Gilmour for? Anybody remember?

Even last year, who did they trade Dion Phaneuf for? That I don't remember either. Phaneuf is still better in his own zone than anyone the Leafs got right now. Even coach Babcock acknowledged that the other day.

Look at all those trades. Only one of them can be considered to have turn out good.

:naughty:

diceman934

Help is on the way.
Jul 31, 2010
NHL player factory
Wendel Clark heart and soul of the Maple Leafs, bled blue and white ,was never traded after a 46 goal season either.... sorry to punch holes in your theory but heart and soul players have been traded in the past and they will be traded in the future... a good GM knows each player is a commodity that at some point will have declining value...a team on the rise cant afford to have depreciating assets.

So not Kadri cause he will never ever be traded, you've made that clear, its umpossible but in todays market whats a 30 goal scorer worth? 22 years ago Wendel was worth a first overall draftee, maybe Quebec paid more for a guy who bleeds blue and white, think we could parlee a 30 goal scorer for a franchise center?

LOL....

Kadri is not going aware soon....maybe in the last 2 years of his contract. We have no one to replace his role and his contract is cheap.

The rest of your post has nothing to do with Kadri....

LeafingTheWay

May 31, 2014
That's the thing about Kadri. He plays with a lot of heart.

He's not only one of the smaller guys on the team, but he's one of the smaller guys in the entire league, and there he is in the middle of all the crap.

Even Gardiner is like that too in a way. If something happens on the ice he does not like, he skates over a gives a little jab with the stick or a cross check. We're talking about a player who rarely even slashes anyone in regular play, but he'll be among the first to defend a teammate.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9G28YcxAXXk

Yeah Gardiner always is in the scrums protecting his teammates. There was a couple others during the season as well.

I can't remember which game but there was one game where one of our players got crushed and Gardiner instantly sprinted to the other guy and jumped him. Good guy

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad