Kadri discussion thread after his 30th goal - now featuring 60 points!

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
i dunno if he's better than ROR, but i would take Kadri on his contract almost everytime when you compare them with their cap hits and on ice output

Yep. I think ROR is a better player but it's a no brainer for me. Kadri + 3M >>> ROR.

Macallan18

Aug 10, 2015
Great for Nazim to excel! And I know all leaf fans have always wanted him to succeed, just questioned his commitment. Seems whatever the issues were are now long gone, and we can enjoy an excellent shutdown centre on a great contract.
One more comment, that was a pretty damn impressive draft year, top half dozen plus all performing.

Last edited:

hockeystick89

Oct 30, 2009
He's elevated his game lately in my opinion. It impressive that he is still producing at even strength when you consider his linemates and his usual quality of competition.

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
We should trade either JVR or Bozak before trading Kadri

I agree, however, you have to give to get. A 30 goal scoring shutdown centre is worth more than JvR and Bozak IMHO.

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
I agree, however, you have to give to get. A 30 goal scoring shutdown centre is worth more than JvR and Bozak IMHO.

yea.... and then we cry and moan that we do not have a good shut down center and no secondary scoring that can come cheap like about 4.5 million cap hit

:shakehead

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
yea.... and then we cry and moan that we do not have a good shut down center and no secondary scoring that can come cheap like about 4.5 million cap hit

:shakehead

Well, we don't really have 2 top 2 D at the moment. Many on here cry and moan about that. So, how do we get a top 2 D? Drafting and developing one would take too long at this point.

I'm not saying we should trade Kadri, but, how else do we shore up our D? Quantity does not always get you quality.

Jimmy Firecracker

They Fired Sheldon!
Mar 30, 2010
Mississauga
Well, we don't really have 2 top 2 D at the moment. Many on here cry and moan about that. So, how do we get a top 2 D? Drafting and developing one would take too long at this point.

I'm not saying we should trade Kadri, but, how else do we shore up our D? Quantity does not always get you quality.

There's a trade thread or another Kadri thread where you could discuss trading him. How about leaving this one to just celebrate his milestone yeah?

WilliamInLondon

Mar 24, 2016
Isn't it funny how good things happen when you have a coach that supports you and knows what you're capable of and helps you reach it?

agreed, but give Kadri credit as well for his persistence and resiliency. a lot of players in his situation could have easily gone in the opposite direction with his career when facing a crossroad. another toronto athlete that comes to mind in a similar situation is Kyle Lowry when he first arrived from Houston. love seeing stories like this - and if sports athletes ever serve as role models for youths, both are good examples of it.

Doug Gilmour

Oct 5, 2010
I've criticized him quite a bit in past but this season he has been a totally different player, it's great to see him excel. Congrats, Naz! Well deserved.

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
Great year for Kadri and congrats.

And to understand how far he and the team have come this year ... Kadri lead the team in points last year with 45. Parentau lead team in scoring with 20 goals.

Now 2 with 30+ goals and 5(soon to be 6) with 50+ points.

Everyone seems to have bought in.

Kadri and Komarov just works.

deletethis

Mar 17, 2015
Toronto
2 years ago he was being suspended by the team for unprofessionalism. Now he's a perfect fit for the team. Not on the same talent level as Steve Yzerman but something like this happened with Yzerman as the Red Wings went from a team with potential to serious perennial contenders.

Tough love can work.

Koolboss

Jul 4, 2011
Toronto
Supported him from day one when he was drafted, now imagine him with a couple of more talented wingers.

IBeL34f

Lilly-grin
Jun 3, 2010
Toronto
It's been a real treat watching him flourish the past couple of years. Can't wait to see him in the Playoffs again.

Bluelines

Python FTW!
Nov 17, 2013
He was just a lost kid two years ago looking for a mentor, Bravo Babcock... The Hockey Whisper does it again!

I wonder what a 30 goal scoring center would go for on the open trade market?

Bluelines

Python FTW!
Nov 17, 2013
2 years ago he was being suspended by the team for unprofessionalism. Now he's a perfect fit for the team. Not on the same talent level as Steve Yzerman but something like this happened with Yzerman as the Red Wings went from a team with potential to serious perennial contenders.

Tough love can work.

Stevie Y maybe the best all around player in the last 40-50 years? They mentioned on the Saturday show that Stevie Y was almost traded straight up for Alexi Yashin in 1993-94...

kk87

Feb 12, 2015
Waterloo, ON
So happy for the guy. I've always liked the guy but I've doubted him for a long time. To be honest, I wasn't pleased when he signed the long term deal over the summer - with our influx of young talent, I didn't think he had a place here. I would've traded him for scraps. It blows my mind how valuable he's become to this team. He's a monster. Congrats Naz :handclap:

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
So happy for the guy. I've always liked the guy but I've doubted him for a long time. To be honest, I wasn't pleased when he signed the long term deal over the summer - with our influx of young talent, I didn't think he had a place here. I would've traded him for scraps. It blows my mind how valuable he's become to this team. He's a monster. Congrats Naz :handclap:

I don't think there is a large group that would have traded him for scraps, but perhaps a few.

His buy-in in started from when Shannahan had his chat.

Kadri is similar to Backlund in Calgary who the radio-heads wanted to jettison for years and now they call the best all around center on the team.

Some players are just slower getting it.

kk87

Feb 12, 2015
Waterloo, ON
I don't think there is a large group that would have traded him for scraps, but perhaps a few.

His buy-in in started from when Shannahan had his chat.

Kadri is similar to Backlund in Calgary who the radio-heads wanted to jettison for years and now they call the best all around center on the team.

Some players are just slower getting it.

Maybe I was undercutting it a bit, scraps probably isn't accurate. A second + a solid prospect would've probably done it for me. Crazy to think about now

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
Maybe I was undercutting it a bit, scraps probably isn't accurate. A second + a solid prospect would've probably done it for me. Crazy to think about now

Okay, yes more reasonable and today you'd think it would take a top 5 pick +, due to his silly contract and production.(Depending on the draft)

Ziggdiezan

Apr 10, 2015
Kadri and Brown look like they are developing some good chemistry while playing extremely responsible hockey. Loving the cycle game and back checking of the Kadri line. Our most important line by far.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad