Player Discussion Kaapo Kakko

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hockeyplayer99

Jul 31, 2005
I think its time we think about our next move with Wheeler.. Rather have Brodz up here playing than Wheeler. Than when Othman is ready its his turn to take over. Wheeler does nothing, doesn't hit, doesn't score. He is a skating zombie

Reactions: RagFinMet

huerter

Aug 16, 2020
I think its time we think about our next move with Wheeler.. Rather have Brodz up here playing than Wheeler. Than when Othman is ready it’s his turn to take over. Wheeler does nothing, doesn't hit, doesn't score. He is a skating zombie
In the kakko thread?

Reactions: RagFinMet

NYRangers0723

Apr 30, 2019
So far looks like the Zibanejad-Kreider pairing at 5v5 is what is unproductive.
Mika off to a slow start but will heat up. Kreider still has 9 goals in 12 games so can’t complain too much lol. As much as I like Kakko the kid needs to produce this is year 5

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
Mika off to a slow start but will heat up. Kreider still has 9 goals in 12 games so can’t complain too much lol. As much as I like Kakko the kid needs to produce this is year 5

If he's a third liner, he's a third liner. Its not a Kravtsov situation, the kid is clearly an NHL player.

But if a 3rd liner is all he will be in this system, is does make him a potential trade chip moving forward.

mas0764

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 16, 2005

But all Kreider’s production is on the PP. 7 of his 9 goals are PP or SH.

Reactions: UnSandvich

NYRangers0723

Apr 30, 2019
But all Kreider’s production is on the PP. 7 of his 9 goals are PP or SH.
Ok but once again if he is still producing like he has and we’re winning who gives a crap. Still early so it will even out but like I said complaining about 9 goals in 12 is a tad bit silly

Reactions: McRanger92

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
Ok but once again if he is still producing like he has and we’re winning who gives a crap. Still early so it will even out but like I said complaining about 9 goals in 12 is a tad bit silly

Do power play goals count for less or something? A goal is a goal. And the Rangers PP has been consistently good for 3 seasons now. Its not flukey.

NYRangers0723

Apr 30, 2019
Do power play goals count for less or something? A goal is a goal. And the Rangers PP has been consistently good for 3 seasons now. Its not flukey.
Bingo. Has that line been phenomenal 5 on 5? No but CK and Mika are still producing even though Mika hasn’t heated up scoring wise just yet.

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
Bingo. Has that line been phenomenal 5 on 5? No but CK and Mika are still producing even though Mika hasn’t heated up scoring wise just yet.

They are also elite penalty killers together. Could've had a goal or 2 on the PK if not for some great saves by Husso.

mas0764

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 16, 2005
We are talking about why Kakko isn’t producing. “Kreider and Zibanejad are producing” isn’t an indictment on Kakko if they are only producing on the PP.

Callafan24

Sep 22, 2010
New York City
Not making any excuses, but I'd like to see Kakko play against other teams' 3rd and 4th lines for a few games.

Opposing teams are best served matching up against the Mika and Panarin lines. Could help Kakko drive play on his line. I'd like to see him go to the net more often.

mas0764

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 16, 2005
Like we were saying about Laf earlier in the offseason, Kakko could still have a Kreider-like career in terms of quality (not style). 40 points at age 21 trumps Kreider’s 37 points at age 22.

That would be tremendously disappointing but still a useful player.

NYRangers0723

Apr 30, 2019
We are talking about why Kakko isn’t producing. “Kreider and Zibanejad are producing” isn’t an indictment on Kakko if they are only producing on the PP.
I never said it was an indictment on Kakko but sooner or later the kid needs to produce. I’m not comparing him to Hughes but he was highly touted and hasn’t put it together yet which is fine because it take different times per each player but I think putting it on the other two when they play important roles in all 3 zones and are producing is a stretch

LionsHeart

Mar 25, 2009
Queens, NY
I’d like to see him back with Chytil when he returns. Those two have legit chemistry.

That Kreider-Zibanejad line just hasn’t been the same since Buch was traded. At some point something has to give with them.

mas0764

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 16, 2005
I never said it was an indictment on Kakko but sooner or later the kid needs to produce. I’m not comparing him to Hughes but he was highly touted and hasn’t put it together yet which is fine because it take different times per each player but I think putting it on the other two when they play important roles in all 3 zones and are producing is a stretch
Ok but I said the Kreider-Zibanejad pairing AT 5V5 was unproductive, to which you responded Kreider has 9 goals. Yeah, but they are almost all ST goals.

It’s fair to assume the course of this conversation isn’t that Kakko does eventually need to produce (we all agree with that) but to point out that Zibanejad and Kreider, for all their ST excellence, have also struggled to put up 5v5 numbers this year and that is assuredly part of the problem.

Kakko has fine metrics. He’s just not producing. Neither are the two big money players, they are just feasting on special teams.

NYRangers0723

Apr 30, 2019
Ok but I said the Kreider-Zibanejad pairing AT 5V5 was unproductive, to which you responded Kreider has 9 goals. Yeah, but they are almost all ST goals.

It’s fair to assume the course of this conversation isn’t that Kakko does eventually need to produce (we all agree with that) but to point out that Zibanejad and Kreider, for all their ST excellence, have also struggled to put up 5v5 numbers this year and that is assuredly part of the problem.

Kakko has fine metrics. He’s just not producing. Neither are the two big money players, they are just feasting on special teams.
Agree to Disagree

will1066

Oct 12, 2008

Dolph-Lundgren_wide-ae569d7400149a49fa82fdc27e07801a8bcb623d-s800-c85.webp

bhamill

Sponsor
Apr 16, 2012
When Chytil comes back, put the kid line back together. He looked his best on that line in his short career.
Nope. There is no way Laf and Pan should get broken up at this point. First player to mesh with Pan since Strome...
I like Cuylle-Tro (or even Chytil)-KK as a line. A LOT. At least in theory. Would have to see how it works.

will1066

Oct 12, 2008
Nope. There is no way Laf and Pan should get broken up at this point. First player to mesh with Pan since Strome...
I like Cuylle-Tro (or even Chytil)-KK as a line. A LOT. At least in theory. Would have to see how it works.

Hoping people noticed this. Cuylle was always within distance of supporting Kakko on the cycle. He did not have to dish the puck with someone 30 feet away or wire it around to the other side of the zone for a teammate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad