Value of: JVR for Adam Henrique

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

NJDevils17

Going Up?
Apr 21, 2013
Raleigh
I wouldn't do this even though I think JVR is the better player. Doubt the Leafs would either for similar reasons.

As for Henrique's value: Playing on a line with Lee Stempniak, Devante Smith-Pelley, and Tyler Kennedy makes it really tough to put up points. I don't think points is the best argument for him anyway. 30 goals is also quite insane but he has a traditionally high shooting % so that argument doesn't hold a lot of weight. That's probably his ceiling though and I don't expect him to go over it. He's a 25-goal guy. Simple as that.

If Henrique is put centering Hall, which will likely happen, I can see 25 goals/35 assists next year. He's not a 1C but he's a good goal-scoring 2C.

LondonKendrick

Jun 18, 2016
"broke out". he got 51 pts. 1 more than Kadris 50pt career high.
oh the good old 30 goals argument though.

kadri still has the career ppg edge though and 178 to 152 over the last 4 seasons. dont really need to make excuses when the guy just flat out puts up more right? you seem to be the only one making up excuses, im just showing the facts that kadri has been more productive in his career.
surely the 178 point guy would be the #2C and the other guy would be the #3C right? but nope 30 goals! LOL

Goals > Assists, it's a more marketable commodity for a reason, I get that an argument is wrestling to control context, but to talking about career PPG? I don't care what either player did 3+ years ago. Again, there's never a Kadri defender that doesn't constantly come up with suspect sample sizes.

Henrique plays hard minutes on a defensively minded team and has broke out as a 30 goal center. Kadri is doing his 40-45, woulda, coulda, shoulda, maybe he'll break out but he can't take that next step, yet again... in a show me contract year no less...

Henrique is objectively better because goals are objectively more valuable than assists.

Last edited:

John Pedro

Feb 6, 2014
São Paulo
Henrique wouldnt have made team USA either.

Really hard to tell since Team USA really didn't choose their best players. One could make a strong argument for Henrique over Kesler, Stepan and especially Dubinsky, though.

Makes no sense to claim that a player is better than another because of it. Letang and Subban didn't make Canada roster, either. Are they worse than Bouwmeester?

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
Goals > Assists, it's a more marketable commodity for a reason, I get that an argument is wrestling to control context, but to talking about career PPG? I don't care what either player did 3+ years ago. Again, there's never a Kadri defender that doesn't constantly come up with suspect sample sizes.

Henrique plays hard minutes on a defensively minded team and has broke out as a 30 goal center. Kadri is doing his 40-45, woulda, coulda, shoulda, maybe he'll break out but he can't take that next step, yet again... in a show me contract year no less...

Henrique is objectively better because goals are objectively more valuable than assists.

David Clarkson
2011-12.....30 goals.....

Ya.....:shakehead

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
Henrique did that once. the year before he had 16g in 75 games.
Kadri had a season of 44pts in 48 games, which is more than henrique got in 2014 in 77 games, and 2015 in 75 games.

this is ignoring the fact that JVR is easily >>> Henrique. one guy is playing in the world cup, the other guy isnt. guess who is who

oh wow, talk about a terrible argument :laugh:

hmmm I wonder why that could be....?

goonybird

Young boy expert
Jul 9, 2015
JVR would totally have made it to team Canada over Crosby Tavares Stamkos Getzlaf Thornton Giroux Seguin Duchene Toews or Couture.

*world's loudest deafening fart noise*

come on...

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
I think JVR is probably better offensively, but I think Henrique is better defensively and is more versatile being able to play either center or wing. Given both teams needs it doesn't make any sense to trade one for the other.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad