Player Discussion Justin Barron

EXTRAS

Jul 31, 2012
Part of me wonders how Barron would do if he went to Pittsburgh. Crosby was talking him up and it makes me wonder if he could make a switch turn on. Give him confidence and work with him.

Reactions: 26Mats

the

Mar 2, 2012
Montreal
This photoshop is absolute hilarious @Grate n Colorful Oz :laugh:

Great job!

IMG_1115.jpeg

Reactions: Grate n Colorful Oz

Beendair Donedat

Juice Arse 2.0
Dec 29, 2010
Truth or Consequences, NM
I’m happy for Barron, this looks more like the kid they acquired from Colorado these last couple of games. He’s been much more aggressive, skating well, throwing the body, making good reads and scored a beautiful goal tonight. I’ll always give credit when it’s deserved to a player. If he keeps it up, he will have taken the next step and will have a place in the top 4 by the end of the season.

The only issue I have is that now that he’s had two really good games in a row, you guys have to turn on Xhekaj? Makes no sense. This is what Barron was drafted to be when he went in the first round. Xhekaj was never drafted in juniors or the NHL. He’s not supposed to be at Barron’s level, they are apples and oranges. Ideally we have both and use both to their respective strengths. They’re both very young defenders finding their way.

Bobby Holik agent

erudite free agency sci-fi
Oct 17, 2002
Montreal
Imma Barron white knight. Remembering my vows to protect the princess, at your service.

Which witchy cavern spellcraft deep down in a hazy woodland of Nova Scotia happened to make Justin Barron play physical like Juraj Slafkovsky & Slafkovsky to play physical like Barron?

Why are they switching bodies?
We can't have both at the same time?
What is the name of the incantation?

Last edited:

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
Nice to see Justin improving. We need these young players to improve and take over this team.
A RHD is a must on this team.........luckily there are a couple coming fairly soon also....

Barron has been far more engaged in the physical play for sure. He along with the rest of our D are a work in progress.

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal
He needs to work on his poise and calmness when he is challenged while in possession of the puck.

His physical game is noticeably better. He is definitely much stronger. Is he strong enough? I am not sure.

I definitely see progression in his game. There is still some ways to go in my opinion, but the fact that he is improving is a good sign.

Reactions: Walksss and 417

Leon Lucius Black

Nov 5, 2007
If Barron wasn't stuck with Xhekaj most of the year so far he would be getting a lot more praise.

When playing with Xhekaj he's been stuck in our D zone most of the time because of Xhekaj's struggles so far. Yesterday in the first period when he played with Matheson he was able to play more offensive and looked a lot better.

• Love
Reactions: Walksss and the

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Anyone who could possibly say that Xhekaj plays better defence than Barron should get thread banned in here.
Wait...are people still pretending Xhekaj has been better\?

I'm not a fan of pitting players from the same team against each other, but this Barron narrative is so tired and obvious.

He's not the issue on this defense.

I'll say it then,
Barron is f***ing awful even after his goal.
He could win the Norris and you'd still say he's awful.

So meh...it is what is.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad