Recalled/Assigned: Marco Kasper - Emergency Recall

RED WINGS STOMP

Nov 28, 2022
It's kinda weird, I, like many, wanted Marco on the roster from the get go.

But now seeing how bad this team is, if we are going to bottom out, then leave Marco down and bottom out. I guess it is too early in the season to totally give up.

Tetsuo

Boss of a Pile of Rubble
Apr 11, 2018
Michigan
It's kinda weird, I, like many, wanted Marco on the roster from the get go.

But now seeing how bad this team is, if we are going to bottom out, then leave Marco down and bottom out. I guess it is too early in the season to totally give up.
Getting him reps in the NHL to me trumps everything at this point. We can't be graduating him, Danielson and Mazur at the same time. That's just too many rookies at once. Plus Cossa, MBN and ASP are all knocking on the door starting next season too. We just have to embrace the youth movement and potentially a backslide, especially now that we know when the window is likely to be open (the back half of the Seider and Raymond's deals).

Apr 14, 2009
Canada
Marco thy Messiah

please save us!

Hopefully he plays 3rd line

Getting him reps in the NHL to me trumps everything at this point. We can't be graduating him, Danielson and Mazur at the same time. That's just too many rookies at once. Plus Cossa, MBN and ASP are all knocking on the door starting next season too. We just have to embrace the youth movement and potentially a backslide, especially now that we know when the window is likely to be open (the back half of the Seider and Raymond's deals).
I'd rather lose with Kasper, Johansson, Wallinder, Mazur then lose with Putrid Petry and Gustafsshit

Reactions: Steve91

Redwing66

Oct 3, 2020
Give em hell Marco!! Should bring up a few of his AHL friends after suffering through the last few games...Fester will probably healthy scratch him so we can watch Veleno, Rasmussen, Motte, Fischer. Lombardi-Kasper-Mazur on the third line would shake things up and having AlJo, Wallinder up might do the trick on D...

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
So if too many rookies start in the same season, what's the worst that can happen? The team sucks? Uuuuhhmmm, isn't that what's going on now?

Emergency condition being that we suck?

Sometimes Steve doesn’t make the easy and right decision. Kasper should’ve been up from opening night. Dumb.
LOL. It means the team is down to 11 forwards. I assume someone got injured.

Kasper wouldn't have made a difference when the team lost by 3 or more points. He doesn't score that much.

The real desperation move comes when he promotes Cossa.

Reactions: Steve91

Ed Ned and Leddy

Brokering the Bally Sports + Corncob TV Merger
Apr 1, 2019
Detroit to DC to Chicago
He’ll make the games more interesting to watch.

The only thing that could meaningfully move the team forward this season imo is the addition of an actually good defenseman or a clearly above average starting goaltender. But I’d rather watch Kasper grow than someone like Berggren continue to flounder around, so fair enough.

Reactions: raymond23

jaster

I am become woke, destroyer of ignorance.
Jun 8, 2007
marco.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: dalem177

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad