Post-Game Talk: Habs lose to the Kings who played back-to-back

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
With the injury news from today, next game will be even more disgusting defensively (and that is if Matheson can play).

Matheson-Mailloux
Hutson-Barron
Xhekaj-Savard

Barron has been the best D in the dzone since the season started among that sextet...

dcyhabs

May 30, 2008
Montreal
Every other team can acquire good players and we can’t for some reason

Been the same for two decades
Not every team, mostly the same few teams do well. Teams like Buffalo draft high but lose players and games. Canadian teams continue to lose. Boston retools. Florida teams and Vegas pick up free agents.

The habs are making progress, but they have some distance to go to be a playoff team. Once they hit the playoffs they’ll see if they can win playoff series with the team they have. They need at least a couple of more physical D and a bruising fourth line. It’s good to have some skill players, like Evans, in the bottom six, but in the playoffs you need some guys who will wear down the other team and keep plugging.

Sasha Orlov

Lord of the Manor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2018
Not every team, mostly the same few teams do well. Teams like Buffalo draft high but lose players and games. Canadian teams continue to lose. Boston retools. Florida teams and Vegas pick up free agents.

The habs are making progress, but they have some distance to go to be a playoff team. Once they hit the playoffs they’ll see if they can win playoff series with the team they have. They need at least a couple of more physical D and a bruising fourth line. It’s good to have some skill players, like Evans, in the bottom six, but in the playoffs you need some guys who will wear down the other team and keep plugging.
Sure, but that’s not what I said. I didn’t say every other team is good, I said they can get good players.

dcyhabs

May 30, 2008
Montreal
Sure, but that’s not what I said. I didn’t say every other team is good, I said they can get good players.
The habs have acquired players recently, but they are not at the point where it makes sense to go after free agents. they should have lots of space and money in a year or two, we'll see how they do then.

Admittedly the team looks weak so far, and the constant injuries aren't helping.

Guy Larose

Jan 25, 2018
It's funny and sad that the same posters who were sure that the Habs roster had no chance at the playoffs are also the ones ready to fire the coach after 5 games and a 2-3 start....

Coherent arguments have no place in the hot takes oven lol
If you take note of the names, it's that annoying pro tank group.

zx81

Aug 2, 2005
Oh sorry, we do have a system of play. It's called chicken with no heads running everywhere. And we are also a team of smurfs skating in empty spaces.

We have concepts. The problem with concepts it's that it's very broad. It tells what do do in general but it does not tell who should do it and when. It seems like MSL wants all his players to learn every concept and that magically it will turn them in complete players. That's not how it works. Each player should have simple well defined roles inside a cohesive system.

Reactions: Catanddogguitarrr

Zalos

Berktwad
Feb 2, 2009
Quebec
:laugh: The people being upset that we lost.

Next time, don't overvalue your team before the season starts. The Habs are still rebuilding. There's no reason to expect anything else but bottom ten in the league until they prove otherwise for an entire year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad