Value of: JT Miller to the Leafs.

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

sens13

Mar 16, 2017
coleman got a 1st+foote who was a recent first rounder. miller is much better than coleman. not hard to extrapolate to see what he would fetch. Not to mention top rentals get 1st+ at the deadline every year. If the leafs want him for a whole extra year going to have to actually give something of value in addition to a 1st.

It's ok if leaf fans don't want to give that much but acting like anything less is fair is quite stupid.

Man Bear Pig

Aug 10, 2008
Earth
Of all the players in the league, going after one of the biggest pouters is not who the Leafs need. The Leafs have playoff demons, things go wrong and we need players who will drive the bus out of the funk, not drive it further into the murk. Miller has talent in spades and you can win with that kind of talent if you've got the right dressing room. Leafs don't, we so obviously don't. Absolutely zero fit to add a player like this.

And of course Miller is going to be expensive. I'll get a strip ripped off for having the gall to say that your star player won't fit my team and that he's totally worth our three best prospects and some firsts. Cool story guys, you want premium prices and the Leafs aren't going to pay that for anyone. You think we're going to go all in when this team hasn't proved it can get itself out of the first round? Nah. We'll go all in on a 2nd line winger and pay a 1st and some prospects for it or something if Dubas really wants to go for it again, but we're not going to empty the cupboard on JT Miller.
I'd also add to this post that the Leafs are right up against the cap and absolutely need to hold onto prospects and picks to fill out the roster over the next few years. Reilly's extension kicks in soon, and Campbell is in need of a new deal as well. You need ELC's to remain competitive. Small upgrades is what the Leafs will be looking at, not major ones.

Reactions: Ciao

Ninjadude

Oct 25, 2018
I think 2022 first , plus 2023 1st both top ten protected plus a 2022 2nd plus Ritchie, for JT Miller at 50% is fair and I would do it as a leaf fan.

Believe in this scenario, lets say the Leafs start to stink it up and finish in the "top 10 protected" for the 2023 draft, the Nucks would get the unprotected 1st in the subsequent draft.

JTmillerForA1stLOL

Oct 12, 2007
Leafs, as usual, are bad trading partners.

Lots of high end skill that Vancouver couldn't afford and very little high end prospects that Vancouver could benefit from. And a high end prospect would be needed as their 1sts will likely be late round. I suspect Vancouver could do better elsewhere.

Miller would look great in that top 6 though.

BCNate

Apr 3, 2016
Garland would be great too, I wanted him in the offseason when he was available. I don't know if Vancouver is willing to part with him, though
Garland was more or less acquired for a top 10 pick and what looks to be a very early 2nd. Then signed long term on a very good AAV, and then had exceeded all expectations. I don't see him going anywhere, as there is no reason to move him whatsoever. He would cost a heck of a lot, not a few B level prospects and spare parts.

My ask would be Sandin, Robertson/Amirov, 2022 2nd, Bad contract to balance out the cap. Again, not going to happen.

leafsfan5

Jun 14, 2014
Garland was more or less acquired for a top 10 pick and what looks to be a very early 2nd. Then signed long term on a very good AAV, and then had exceeded all expectations. I don't see him going anywhere, as there is no reason to move him whatsoever. He would cost a heck of a lot, not a few B level prospects and spare parts.

My ask would be Sandin, Robertson/Amirov, 2022 2nd, Bad contract to balance out the cap. Again, not going to happen.
Yeah I expected his value to be that high and for you guys to not want to move him. Miller is the more likely option

Knies iT

Mar 6, 2015
Liljegren is not of interest. He's not that good.

Other teams would likely be able to outbid the Leafs.
No interest in trading Liljegren for a late 20s winger with 1.5 years left on his deal. Don't care about value, he's just too important to the long-term D.

If you don't think Liljegren is good you can't evaluate talent or you scout hockeyDB. Major surprise this year and the future of our RHD along with Niemela.

Not trading him.

Reactions: Nylanderthal

The90

Feb 27, 2017
No interest in trading Liljegren for a late 20s winger with 1.5 years left on his deal. Don't care about value, he's just too important to the long-term D.

If you don't think Liljegren is good you can't evaluate talent or you scout hockeyDB. Major surprise this year and the future of our RHD along with Niemela.

Not trading him.
More likely he’s never seen him play and is making things up.

Reactions: Marner to Matthews

Ciao

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 15, 2010
Toronto
coleman got a 1st+foote who was a recent first rounder. miller is much better than coleman. not hard to extrapolate to see what he would fetch. Not to mention top rentals get 1st+ at the deadline every year. If the leafs want him for a whole extra year going to have to actually give something of value in addition to a 1st.

It's ok if leaf fans don't want to give that much but acting like anything less is fair is quite stupid.
It's not just that some Leafies don't want them to give that much, we also just don't really want the player.

Some people are head-over-heels for J.T. Miller, but not all Leafs' fans are.

From the sounds of it, not all the Canucks' players are, either.

AvroArrow

Mitch "The God" Marner
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto
To Toronto: Miller (50% retained)

To Vancouver: 2022 1st, 2022 2nd, Liljegren, Robertson, Ritchie + a pallet of eggnog for the team's Christmas party

:laugh: Miller is good, but that's a ridiculous over payment for a guy who's going to walk in 2 years. Leafs lose a 1st, a former 1st in Lily who's playing excellent right now and cost controlled, and another elite prospect Robertson ? No thank you.

I've mentioned this in almost every leaf related proposal, we are in no position to trade young players on ELC. We need guys to contribute with low cap hits, who are cost controlled. All those things make a package of Lily/Robertson/1st more valuable to Toronto than JT Miller for 2 years. He's going to demand a raise, likely 7m+ probably 8m. Makes no sense for Toronto.

We really do need a legitimate top 6 LW, but giving up that much doesn't make sense. It leaves massive holes all over the roster for a 2 year window. Miller is a good player, but for Toronto, those pieces are more valuable.

Ideally I'd like to target a guy like Saad. 4.5M , signed long term and can play up and down the line up. By no means elite, but can be slotted into the top 6. Has good size and I like his game off the puck a lot as well. Affordable for us and fits here long term.

John Mandalorian

2022 Avs: The First Dance
Nov 29, 2018

Was Coleman called a cancer by the GM who was trading him?

Canuck Luck

Jun 15, 2008
Vancouver
I invite you to dig up the tweet. Then you can interpret it for yourself.
If I remember correctly it was Benning believes there is a cancer in the locker room and has identified who it is and is planning on trading him. From there it was speculated it is miller. Has miller been traded? Or are you going with the speculation with no proof and ASSuming it’s miller?

assumptions are not facts sorry bud. If you have to “interpret it” means that it was not said

John Mandalorian

2022 Avs: The First Dance
Nov 29, 2018
If I remember correctly it was Benning believes there is a cancer in the locker room and has identified who it is and is planning on trading him. From there it was speculated it is miller. Has miller been traded? Or are you going with the speculation with no proof and ASSuming it’s miller?

assumptions are not facts sorry bud. If you have to “interpret it” means that it was not said

I'm glad you're aware of that. How long has it taken you to learn that?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad