Value of: JT Miller to the Leafs.

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
We got miler for a 1st and a 3rd. Price would be higher than that for him as his value went up a lot more since we got him. So probably something like a 1st + 2nd + 3rd going strictly pick wise.

If we retain 50% would you do 2022 1st + 2022 2nd + 2023 1st?
Two likely low 1st rounders + a low 2nd seems reasonable for JT Miller at 50% retained for nearly two seasons and two playoff runs.

I assume Toronto would protect those with top 10 conditions with conversion to 2nd rounders.

4thline

Jul 18, 2014
Waterloo
We got miler for a 1st and a 3rd. Price would be higher than that for him as his value went up a lot more since we got him. So probably something like a 1st + 2nd + 3rd going strictly pick wise.

If we retain 50% would you do 2022 1st + 2022 2nd + 2023 1st?
Counter
2022 1st + Amirov/Robertson + prospect not named Knies/Niemela/Tverberg

LeafGrief

Shambles in my brain
Apr 10, 2015
Ottawa
Of all the players in the league, going after one of the biggest pouters is not who the Leafs need. The Leafs have playoff demons, things go wrong and we need players who will drive the bus out of the funk, not drive it further into the murk. Miller has talent in spades and you can win with that kind of talent if you've got the right dressing room. Leafs don't, we so obviously don't. Absolutely zero fit to add a player like this.

And of course Miller is going to be expensive. I'll get a strip ripped off for having the gall to say that your star player won't fit my team and that he's totally worth our three best prospects and some firsts. Cool story guys, you want premium prices and the Leafs aren't going to pay that for anyone. You think we're going to go all in when this team hasn't proved it can get itself out of the first round? Nah. We'll go all in on a 2nd line winger and pay a 1st and some prospects for it or something if Dubas really wants to go for it again, but we're not going to empty the cupboard on JT Miller.

Marner4Life

Feb 12, 2019
that’s why there’s a 2nd proposal where the Canucks hold 50%. If you want a ppg player it’s going to be costly especially when he’s at 2.65M for this and next season. Fair if you don’t have draft capital but then y’all gotta set your sights lower than Miller.

even with 50% retained? We could take back ritchie I guess. Who were you thinking?
Nope Ritchie was brought in for playoff hockey, they won’t trade him yet. Kerfoot and his $3.5 has to go

EK392000

Mar 9, 2020
Is there a team with a d man the Canucks want that could be included in a a three way deal? I’d give up quite a lot to get Miller, although I’d play him on the third line with tons of PP and PK minutes so that we could have three scoring line. Miller - Kampf - Kase sounds great to me.

Also there are bound to be a number of Kerfoot proposals in here. It’s to make the cap work, not because we think he has immense value. He has been playing well on the second line though.

Hockey 4 Life

Feb 10, 2012
I think 2022 first , plus 2023 1st both top ten protected plus a 2022 2nd plus Ritchie, for JT Miller at 50% is fair and I would do it as a leaf fan.

LucicAndChong

formerly known as Big Sugar
Jan 22, 2018
Ontario, Canada
looking at this thread is hilarious.

Everyone yells about leafs fans over valuing our players, but then COMPLETELY undervalue any leafs players.

the proposals some people have here would be too much for even like McDavid, let alone JT F-ing Miller.

I know Canucks fans hate us but jeez guys, maybe lay off the booze before making proposals

either way, JT Miller is not the player the leafs need. Too expensive, rumoured to be a locker room problem and not the kind of player we need to play with Matthews/Marner.

absolutely 0% interest in Miller. Garland on the other hand…

Reactions: Ciao

leafsfan5

Jun 14, 2014
looking at this thread is hilarious.

Everyone yells about leafs fans over valuing our players, but then COMPLETELY undervalue any leafs players.

the proposals some people have here would be too much for even like McDavid, let alone JT F-ing Miller.

I know Canucks fans hate us but jeez guys, maybe lay off the booze before making proposals

either way, JT Miller is not the player the leafs need. Too expensive, rumoured to be a locker room problem and not the kind of player we need to play with Matthews/Marner.

absolutely 0% interest in Miller. Garland on the other hand…
Feels like JT Miller is a locker room problem the same way ROR was. AKA their team sucks and they want to win and make it known.

I'd love JT on Toronto and would really consider the 2 firsts/2nd/Ritchie deal. Only reasons I don't want to do it is we've recently given a couple of firsts away and this team always finds ways to lose in the playoffs

Miller - Matthews - Nylander/Kase
Bunting - Tavares - Marner
Spezza - Kerfoot - Nylander/Kase
Simmonds - Kampf - Mikheyev

That's a disgusting forward group with 3 scoring lines. The fourth line is purely shutdown

LucicAndChong

formerly known as Big Sugar
Jan 22, 2018
Ontario, Canada
Feels like JT Miller is a locker room problem the same way ROR was. AKA their team sucks and they want to win and make it known.

I'd love JT on Toronto and would really consider the 2 firsts/2nd/Ritchie deal. Only reasons I don't want to do it is we've recently given a couple of firsts away and this team always finds ways to lose in the playoffs

Miller - Matthews - Nylander/Kase
Bunting - Tavares - Marner
Spezza - Kerfoot - Nylander/Kase
Simmonds - Kampf - Mikheyev

That's a disgusting forward group with 3 scoring lines. The fourth line is purely shutdown
That’s fair enough and that deal isn’t too bad but still not something that I think the leafs would do.

I think Garland would be a much better player to get from the Canucks if possible. We would have to trade Kerfoot probably for cap reasons but imagine

Nylander - Matthews - Marner

Bunting - Tavares - Garland

Mikheyev - Kampf - Kase

Ritchie - Spezza - Simmonds

Engvall

That would be insane.

Ciao

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 15, 2010
Toronto
Of all the players in the league, going after one of the biggest pouters is not who the Leafs need. The Leafs have playoff demons, things go wrong and we need players who will drive the bus out of the funk, not drive it further into the murk. Miller has talent in spades and you can win with that kind of talent if you've got the right dressing room. Leafs don't, we so obviously don't. Absolutely zero fit to add a player like this.

And of course Miller is going to be expensive. I'll get a strip ripped off for having the gall to say that your star player won't fit my team and that he's totally worth our three best prospects and some firsts. Cool story guys, you want premium prices and the Leafs aren't going to pay that for anyone. You think we're going to go all in when this team hasn't proved it can get itself out of the first round? Nah. We'll go all in on a 2nd line winger and pay a 1st and some prospects for it or something if Dubas really wants to go for it again, but we're not going to empty the cupboard on JT Miller.
I agree.

Maybe good for a video game or a fantasy league, but so much for an actual team.

It takes a lot more than just a collection of players.

Last edited:

leafsfan5

Jun 14, 2014
That’s fair enough and that deal isn’t too bad but still not something that I think the leafs would do.

I think Garland would be a much better player to get from the Canucks if possible. We would have to trade Kerfoot probably for cap reasons but imagine

Nylander - Matthews - Marner

Bunting - Tavares - Garland

Mikheyev - Kampf - Kase

Ritchie - Spezza - Simmonds

Engvall

That would be insane.
Garland would be great too, I wanted him in the offseason when he was available. I don't know if Vancouver is willing to part with him, though

Reactions: LucicAndChong

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad