Value of: JT Miller to New Jersey Devils

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Peter Sidorkiewicz

Devils Army
Sponsor
Oct 22, 2002
NJ including a 1st Round pick should be a non starter. They arent a bonafide playoff team and acquiring Miller (or Boeser) helps but doesnt push them to bonafide status.

If that means Vancouver says no without the 1st Round pick included, then so be it. These two team arent a good fit as trade partners.

bobbyb2009

Sep 3, 2009
Lammikko is at best a replacement level 4th line C. Doesn't provide much, but isn't awful either.

Poolman is an OK bottom pair D, for 4 years @2.5. He has played with Hughes a bunch and has been OK, but plays higher in the lineup than he should.
Schenn has played bottom pair minutes, and has been pretty good this year. Brings some toughness, and experience. 2 year deal at $850k per. I really like him as a 6/7 D who can play 15 mins a night

I'm guessing the poster added one of them to replace Severson's spot--- I'd rather add Poolman to the deal than Schenn. Neither are bad deals given the low cap #'s.

Yeah, I assume they needed a replacement for Severson and wanted to give them the choice of short term contract or longer term replacement.

Same argument for Lamikko, a 4th line, cheap contract replacement for Macleod to give them roster flexibility.

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
Luke Hughes for Miller + Hoglander
Canucks fans gonna lambast me lol

HyperX

Fire Ruff and co. !
Jul 21, 2021
A RHD (especially for the top 4) is the most pressing need. Trading Miller (or Horvat - or anyone else) needs to address this reality. If it doesn't, don't bother making a proposal involving the Canucks. Period.
JT Miller for Damon Severson?

HyperX

Fire Ruff and co. !
Jul 21, 2021
And........?
And nothing

Damon is signed past this season; JT is not

a top-4 dman with an extra year is almost never the cost for a top-6 winger on an expiring contract

Im probably overpaying

Boondock

Feb 6, 2009
And nothing

Damon is signed past this season; JT is not

a top-4 dman with an extra year is almost never the cost for a top-6 winger on an expiring contract

Im probably overpaying
Wrong - contracts are both the exact same length. Miller is signed through next season and Miller is a ppg forward worth more than Severson

Reactions: Canadian Canuck

Scorvat

Mar 17, 2015
is Shergonvich available?

RH, young center whose underlying metrics look promising. Also from Belarus so he can help our only good prospect that is in the AHL

HyperX

Fire Ruff and co. !
Jul 21, 2021
Wrong - contracts are both the exact same length. Miller is signed through next season and Miller is a ppg forward worth more than Severson
Then I stand corrected - my apologies

Id add to Damon to do that, id have to think about what though; likely a pick and/or prospect not named Hughes or Holtz or this year's 1st

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
If Miller is actually on the block ,the price will be pretty high...There is a huge lack of top 6 centers throughout the league...

BCNate

Apr 3, 2016
If Miller is actually on the block ,the price will be pretty high...There is a huge lack of top 6 centers throughout the league...
Any chance that Miller was on the trade block is likely gone for the foreseeable future. I have a hard time thinking that the Canucks will make any significant moves until 1) they see how the team responds to a new coach, and more importantly 2) they have a new GM in place. I see no way an interim GM is going to make a massive deal.

jackjohnson

Feb 9, 2021
Luke Hughes for Miller + Hoglander
Canucks fans gonna lambast me lol
Canucks are giving way too much for still an unproven blue chip prospect even if he is a high pick. Hoglander is a great young player who is just starting his NHL career and Miller is worth a 1st round pick and a good prospect just by himself. There is no way I would trade both just for Luke Hughes unless NJ is adding to that. Also Miller is on a great cheap contract with another year left, that is still a high priced assets and he is one of the best Canucks scorer so his price tag is not as cheap as some people here in HFboard make it sound like it is.

jackjohnson

Feb 9, 2021
You can forget Miller being on the block or any Canucks player at this moment until Canucks hire a new GM. We will see how the team does under Bruce before making any major changes.

Reactions: topshelf15

jackjohnson

Feb 9, 2021
I like the idea of paying Quinn 7, Jack 8 and Luke 9
Quinn Hughes will not go to NJ. Devils fans need to stop dreaming of Quinn being traded to NJ, it will not happen especially since he is the Canucks top scoring defender and one of the building blocks. Am sure the new GM will also not have any trade ideas involving Hughes whoever that maybe.

HugeInTheShire

You may not like me but, I'm Huge in the Shire
Mar 8, 2021
Alberta
Quinn Hughes will not go to NJ. Devils fans need to stop dreaming of Quinn being traded to NJ, it will not happen especially since he is the Canucks top scoring defender and one of the building blocks. Am sure the new GM will also not have any trade ideas involving Hughes whoever that maybe.

Same goes for Jack and Luke, they've been mentioned here many, many times as pieces going to Vancouver

jackjohnson

Feb 9, 2021
Same goes for Jack and Luke, they've been mentioned here many, many times as pieces going to Vancouver
I also don't expect Luke or Jack Hughes being traded to Canucks because they are your building blocks. People need to just stop mentioning Hughes names on any trade proposal because those are 3 great players that will stay on the team that drafted them. I also expect Jack and Luke to sign long term with NJ.

Reactions: My3Sons

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
We can probably say we're holding off on moving Miller for now.

That being said, what's the deal with Subban? Could he be had for a longer term, much less expensive contract in a Poolman, Pearson, Hamonic and/or Dickinson?

I think Subban might be a good fit with Boudreau.

Beef Cake

Aug 10, 2016

Agreed that's why I suggested we trade for the other Hughes's's

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad