Prospect Info: Joshua Roy Part 2

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
Is Roy the only Canadiens CHL prospect left standing?
No.
Kidney's team is still alive in the Q.
Mailloux and Beck teams are still alive in the OHL.
Davidson's teams is still alive in the WHL.

Those are all 4 of 7 series and only 2 games have been played so far by each teams.

Reactions: 1909

NewDef

Nov 2, 2015
Some skater looks slow. But in Joshua rou case, he is able to protect the puck like no one else, and can dangle with the puck really fast. Those player are frustrating cause they arent fast, but I swear they are useful.
Ie: Perry.... not fast, but darn good in control along the boards.

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
Anthony Martineau, a very good young journalist said that Roy improved his skating big time and he was one of the fastest player on the ice today!!! Very encouraging if true!!
That would be unreal.

I watched some last year highlights of him and he actually didn’t seem as bad a skater as I thought.

But yeah huge if true. Kid could be a big part of the future corps. Exciting stuff.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
That would be unreal.

I watched some last year highlights of him and he actually didn’t seem as bad a skater as I thought.

But yeah huge if true. Kid could be a big part of the future corps. Exciting stuff.
His style also impacts him as he likes to slow things down and isn't what I would call an up tempo type of skater so you will see him coast at times too much. But I am impressed to see him add mass, he looked quicker in the development camp.

I have said I think Roy and Farrell are so huge for us since our forward prospect depth is lacking badly and while these two are so highly skilled, they have a lot to overcome with the physical tools. But both added mass, hopefully a decent amount of strength and speed/skating improve. In the next 2-3 years we badly need at least one of them to hit on above average expectations.

Both players are so smart though so I wouldn't bet against them.

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
His style also impacts him as he likes to slow things down and isn't what I would call an up tempo type of skater so you will see him coast at times too much. But I am impressed to see him add mass, he looked quicker in the development camp.

I have said I think Roy and Farrell are so huge for us since our forward prospect depth is lacking badly and while these two are so highly skilled, they have a lot to overcome with the physical tools. But both added mass, hopefully a decent amount of strength and speed/skating improve. In the next 2-3 years we badly need at least one of them to hit on above average expectations.

Both players are so smart though so I wouldn't bet against them.
Heineman is a good buffer against those 2 busting imo. He might not have as varied an offensive toolbox as them but I think his upside might not be that far off.

I feel good about Roy. Didn’t see Farrell play with the Habs last year so I can’t judge. I like him but he needs to improve the skating as well otherwise he’s a career tweener imo.

Reactions: Tyson

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Heineman is a good buffer against those 2 busting imo. He might not have as varied an offensive toolbox as them but I think his upside might not be that far off.

I feel good about Roy. Didn’t see Farrell play with the Habs last year so I can’t judge. I like him but he needs to improve the skating as well otherwise he’s a career tweener imo.
This is where I will get flamed- Farrell is too small and too slow to become anything special in the NHL. Ultra talented NCAA player for sure but the Habs need players that can play that also possess size, speed and grit.

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
This is where I will get flamed- Farrell is too small and too slow to become anything special in the NHL. Ultra talented NCAA player for sure but the Habs need players that can play that also possess size, speed and grit.

Farrell specifically worked on his core and leg strength. And worked on his acceleration. So let's see how that looks but he's very very smart and I wouldn't put it past him to thrive either way

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
I didn’t see Farrell play with the Habs so I’m missing how he looked against other pros.

My take is if he can’t get his skating up to snuff, I’m not too sure whether he’s quite skilled enough to make up for that handicap. I liked what I saw from him in the NCAA but the question marks are real imo. If I had to lose one of him, Roy or Heineman—I’d ditch Farrell but no one should be writing him off. I’m just more skeptical of him than the other 2

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003
Anthony Martineau, a very good young journalist said that Roy improved his skating big time and he was one of the fastest player on the ice today!!! Very encouraging if true!!

LOL.....Martineau is a clueless hack, at least in terms of scouting acumen.

I haven't seen Roy yet but I guarantee you he is not a fast player now and likely has made modest gains at the very most. This incompetence from sports journalists has been happening forever in Montreal going back to Ribeiro and Latendresse.

I would love for this to be true but I just know it isn't.

ChesterNimitz

governed by the principle of calculated risk
Jul 4, 2002
LOL.....Martineau is a clueless hack, at least in terms of scouting acumen.

I haven't seen Roy yet but I guarantee you he is not a fast player now and likely has made modest gains at the very most. This incompetence from sports journalists has been happening forever in Montreal going back to Ribeiro and Latendresse.

I would love for this to be true but I just know it isn't.
The dreams of the next home town hero die hard.

• Haha
Reactions: Tyson

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Roy won the Personality of the Year Award in the Q (he was up against his coach Stephane Julien & Louis Robitaille for the award).

Is that the equivlent of the "Miss Congeniality" award in Miss World or Miss Universe? :sarcasm:

The dreams of the next home town hero die hard.
It's hard to put a lot of credence in that type of report based on a scrimmage. I'm really looking forward to seeing and discussing the real thing this evening.

Reactions: ChesterNimitz

BJCOLLINS

Jul 7, 2003
Pirate Satellite
Very true but he is also possibly the softest player ever to play in the NHL. Kessel throws more snow than the machines at Mont Tremblant.....it is an embarrassment that this beady-eyed porker has the all time iron man title.
lol, I’ll be enjoying the show when he is inducted into the HHOF cuz you know he’ll have a hotdog or two downtown Toronto. He loves to rub it into the rabid Leaf media.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad