Prospect Info: Joshua Roy Part 2

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
Can we talk about how Roy improved his game tremendously instead? He's not just a scoring threat anymore, he can play a 200ft game.
This is what we all saw in the WJC. He played so well all over the ice...............bodes well for his career, and development. I would think he is AHL bound next year? No need to rush him at all.

Captain97

Jan 31, 2017
Toronto, Ontario
This is what we all saw in the WJC. He played so well all over the ice...............bodes well for his career, and development. I would think he is AHL bound next year? No need to rush him at all.

I'd think one year in the AHL makes sense for Roy, then the year after have him on the 3rd line. I think he will be a good middle six forward for us.

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
Yes, if hes doing great, in his 3rd season he can be called up, absolutely. Thats taking it slow with a guy. If hes up and down he should stay down though.
Why are we debating this?

Roy will probably start in Laval, might get an emergency callup like others do, but when he is deemed ready, he will come up and hopefully stay.

Feel free to suggest sending him down even if he is playing well, just so you can say he took it slowly.

Slow is more important than successful, after all.

Players are best acquired in order to go straight to their second contracts once they make the NHL. The nice thing is that the second contract is cheap since the player has no track record.

Last edited:

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
Players are best acquired in order to go straight to their second contracts once they make the NHL. The nice thing is that the second contract is cheap since the player has no track record.
That works in theory, but I think that GMs don't do that in practice. They let players on the big team once it's good for their development and/or they're ready.

Scriptor

Jan 1, 2014
I'm looking forward to an amazing third line of Farrell - Beck - Roy, unless Roy can be he one to retrieve pucks alongside Caufield and Zuzuki

Caufield - Suzuki - Dach
Slafkovsky - Dubois - Mesar
Farrell - Beck - Roy
RHP - Evans - Heineman

Reactions: Catanddogguitarrr

HuGo Burner Acc

Mar 30, 2016
I'm looking forward to an amazing third line of Farrell - Beck - Roy, unless Roy can be he one to retrieve pucks alongside Caufield and Zuzuki

Caufield - Suzuki - Dach
Slafkovsky - Dubois - Mesar
Farrell - Beck - Roy
RHP - Evans - Heineman
You're forgetting the top 10 pick for this year. It's between Farrell and Mesar for that 3rd line W spot imo. I like the 4th line tho, Evans at 28-30 should be a really good 4C

WinterLion

Oct 1, 2017
Higher hockey IQ, great shot, good along the boards, nice puck protection, the only advantage Drouin has over him, is the skating.

Let's be honest here... if his name was Joni Rokerimaki we would never be having this discussion... this is just as bad as having French Canadian guys always be rumoured to be selected by us in the draft or targeted in trades...

Reactions: Dutronc

Gustave

Feb 15, 2007
Here
Soft perimeter player with less skill.
Don’t want to pile on here but;
Getting the Sherbrooke games isn’t necessarily “easy” (it’s doable), but the WJC is spoon fed to anyone that wants to watch it.

So, I’ll go by the WJC games ( 2 tourneys worth of games). He was the one that had to go in the corners to retrieve, the one that had to back check hard and harass the puck carrier from behind and clean up the loose pucks in front of the O net. That’s just factual. Add to it unexpected PK time.

Is he a terror to plus against? No, neither was Danault but he was a hound too. Not expecting Roy to be as good as PD on the D side but physically they are similar. You don’t have to demolish guys to be considered “hard”. I think you’re wrong on your assessment.

Also, not that it matters, but JD was picked 3rd OV. Let’s just say that the return on investment is what ticks people the most. For a 5th rd pick, you have to anticipate some flaws somewhere. No one expects Roy to have the projected career of JD.

SOLR

Jun 4, 2006
Toronto / North York
Soft perimeter player with less skill.

lol Roy ain't soft.

Don’t want to pile on here but;
Getting the Sherbrooke games isn’t necessarily “easy” (it’s doable), but the WJC is spoon fed to anyone that wants to watch it.

So, I’ll go by the WJC games ( 2 tourneys worth of games). He was the one that had to go in the corners to retrieve, the one that had to back check hard and harass the puck carrier from behind and clean up the loose pucks in front of the O net. That’s just factual. Add to it unexpected PK time.

Is he a terror to plus against? No, neither was Danault but he was a hound too. Not expecting Roy to be as good as PD on the D side but physically they are similar. You don’t have to demolish guys to be considered “hard”. I think you’re wrong on your assessment.

Also, not that it matters, but JD was picked 3rd OV. Let’s just say that the return on investment is what ticks people the most. For a 5th rd pick, you have to anticipate some flaws somewhere. No one expects Roy to have the projected career of JD.

I think Roy will have a much better career.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad