Prospect Info: Joshua Roy Part 2

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
I don't see how you know that for sure.
We do not have to wright IN MY OPINION everytime...nobody knows for sure unless they are members of the organization. And to this day, there shouldn't be one in here. So to take @WeThreeKings take...any SANE organization would trade Monahan. Even if the highest price is a 2nd rounder. There's no world where a guy who is always injured helps an up and coming team. We are not going to win anything next year or the year after. This team is 3 to 5 years at best. So you really sign Monahan for 3 to 5 years? How many years he'Ll play? Monahan is pefect for a team who wants to have a push for these playoffs. That's it. Let him sign somewhere else long term after so we'd revisit it by saying how terrible that contract is...

Now...I did say any SANE organization would not sign him. Which means that Bergevin could have MOST DEFINATELY sign him....

Sorry to hijack Roy's thread...but just had to say something..lol.

Go Josh!

Last edited:

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
We do not have to wright IN MY OPINION everytime...nobody knows for sure unless they are members of the organization. And to this day, there shouldn't be one in here. So to take @WeThreeKings take...any SANE organization would trade Monahan. Even if the highest price is a 2nd rounder. There's no world where a guy who is always injured helps an up and coming team. We are not going to win anything next year or the year after. This team is 3 to 5 years at best. So you really sign Monahan for 3 to 5 years? How many years he'Ll play? Monahan is pefect for a team who wants to have a push for these playoffs. That's it. Let him sign somewhere else long term after so we'd revisit it by saying how terrible that contract is...

Now...I did say any SANE organization would not sign him. Which means that Bergevin could have MOST DEFINATELY sign him....

Sorry to hijack Roy's thread...but just had to say something..lol.

Go Josh!

The way I see it, they can trade Monahan, Dvorak, but not both, as a team still needs to ice a roster.

If the best offer for Monahan is a 2ns, keep Monahan, as Slafkovsky needs someone to play with.

Reactions: Redux91

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
He was acquired to be traded. Every media member who has even brushed elbows with Hughes and Gorton have qualified in every article that he will be traded. Hughes and Gorton every time they speak continue to fortify that they have a rebuild plan that they will stick to regardless of any short term periods of success.

They're not going to extend an injury prone Monahan.

There's also the flipside to consider (which only strengthens the notion that he will be traded as well) .

Why would monahan at this stage of his career want to sign in Montreal when he has the free will to go to a team further along in their competitive cycle?

Reactions: Benstheman and LaP

Catanddogguitarrr

Jul 3, 2016
Nowhere land
The way I see it, they can trade Monahan, Dvorak, but not both, as a team still needs to ice a roster.

If the best offer for Monahan is a 2ns, keep Monahan, as Slafkovsky needs someone to play with.
How about Beck or another center Hughes can sign this summer?
If Dvo can bring a second or third pick I would do it. Ice time for Beck or another young promising one is money invested in the future.

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
How about Beck or another center Hughes can sign this summer?
If Dvo can bring a second or third pick I would do it. Ice time for Beck or another young promising one is money invested in the future.
I'd be surprised if Beck were ready next year.

If there's a center that Hughes is confident he'll bring in, then that will work.

Reactions: Catanddogguitarrr

Catanddogguitarrr

Jul 3, 2016
Nowhere land
I'd be surprised if Beck were ready next year.

If there's a center that Hughes is confident he'll bring in, then that will work.
The story repeats itself. We always a problem of not enough good centers. Just we had Suzuki, Danault, kk and Evans, Bergevin srwed that up oosing Danault and KK the same summer and both replaced by Dvorak. He should have offered 13 M to Aho if he was going to play a mean hostile game.

Who do we have in our system at center that can play next year? I guess it's none. Farrell, Heineman and Roy are not centers. The centers we have now are a deception. Dvo and Evans sucks tbh. Monahan is another possible first round pick, so 90% chances he will be gone at tdl. Hughes need to sign a legit second line center next summer.

Scriptor

Jan 1, 2014
Funny, I had actually forgotten about Patrick Roy when making that smart alrky remark.

Pretty cool to have gotten this kid in the 5th round or whatever. What a steal.
Then, I have no idea what you're going on about, but, yeah, good pick-up win the fifth round, like Patrick Roy was a good pick-up in the third round.

Paddyjack

Dec 10, 2007
Sherbrooke
The story repeats itself. We always a problem of not enough good centers. Just we had Suzuki, Danault, kk and Evans, Bergevin srwed that up oosing Danault and KK the same summer and both replaced by Dvorak. He should have offered 13 M to Aho if he was going to play a mean hostile game.

Who do we have in our system at center that can play next year? I guess it's none. Farrell, Heineman and Roy are not centers. The centers we have now are a deception. Dvo and Evans sucks tbh. Monahan is another possible first round pick, so 90% chances he will be gone at tdl. Hughes need to sign a legit second line center next summer.
I have high expectations with Mesar or Beck for next year but it could be that Dach iwill be that centre too (although I prefer him as a winger). Don't kid yourself, next year is a rebuild too.

BTW I feel you are harsh about Evans, it may be because your expectations are too high, but the kid is good enough for a 4C and borderline 3C if needed. Evans doesn't suck if put in the right chair.

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
I have high expectations with Mesar or Beck for next year but it could be that Dach iwill be that centre too (although I prefer him as a winger). Don't kid yourself, next year is a rebuild too.

BTW I feel you are harsh about Evans, it may be because your expectations are too high, but the kid is good enough for a 4C and borderline 3C if needed. Evans doesn't suck if put in the right chair.

Couldn't agree more... Evans is an ideal bottom-6 contributor right now. Sure, it would be nice if he was a bit more impactful offensively, or added a distinguishing physicality or PK component to his game, but his overall solid level of play, attitude, versatility and work ethic make him a pretty ideal roster player at 2M> cap hit for the next two years.

If his next contract took him into the Armia/Byron 3-4M$ territory, then complaints about a lack of output would make sense.

For now? he's a gem in the role and cap allocation he represents imo

fully expect, unless Hughes gets an offer he can't refuse, that Evans is a lock in our bottom-6 the next two seasons. Roy isn't making the team in a 4th line role (at least i hope not), and if Beck forces the issue but we've got 3 superior options for the top 3 C spots, then I see evans easily sliding to the wing...

Evans - Beck - Gally/Armia could be a very solid 4th line, overpriced bc of MB, but that is what it is...

Reactions: Paddyjack

Catanddogguitarrr

Jul 3, 2016
Nowhere land

I liked Evans when he was in a good chair, 2 years ago. The thing is : he is kindda fragile. That's my impression but I can try to look at how many games he plays a year. Yes I think next year will be a rebuilt too, unless we sign PLD or someone else in that range. Dach and Slaf should improve a little bit. And Dado and Drou will be gone for sure.

Last edited:

Team_Spirit

95% Elliotte
Jul 3, 2002
This article posted yesterday, you can translate with your browser.

Quotes by Boisvert & Ramage and insight on the draft day.

When we went through the fourth round and we took William Trudeau, Donald and I went to talk to Trevor [ Timmins ] and Martin Lapointe. They were told that you couldn't let a talent like Joshua Roy go in the fifth round. We had nothing to lose, and everything to gain. »

Despite everything, in the 142nd row of the fifth round, the Tricolor announced the selection of another Russian defender, Daniil Sobolev.

But the wish of the two Quebec recruiters was then granted, eight choices later: with the 150th selection in total, Roy became the property of the Montreal Canadian.

Catanddogguitarrr

Jul 3, 2016
Nowhere land
Now he's making a name of himself.
His name is Roy, Josh Roy, lol

JoshRoybond.jpg

Attachments

• JoshRoy.jpg
    JoshRoy.jpg
    168.2 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:

Catanddogguitarrr

Jul 3, 2016
Nowhere land
This article posted yesterday, you can translate with your browser.

Quotes by Boisvert & Ramage and insight on the draft day.

"When we went through the fourth round and we took William Trudeau, Donald and I went to talk to Trevor [ Timmins ] and Martin Lapointe. They were told that you couldn't let a talent like Joshua Roy go in the fifth round. We had nothing to lose, and everything to gain. »

Despite everything, in the 142nd row of the fifth round, the Tricolor announced the selection of another Russian defender, Daniil Sobolev.

But the wish of the two Quebec recruiters was then granted, eight choices later: with the 150th selection in total, Roy became the property of the Montreal Canadian."
I can't beleive Habs had such uncompetent idiots for years. Being that close to miss a talent like Roy. Boivert and Ramage had to be begging on their knees Plz take Roy, pleeease !! Finally Timming thinking, what do I have to lose, okay I might take that guy, what's his name, Roy?. Gezz, such talent in his backyard, he can see little tiny talent behind a frozen spruce in Siberia but he miss Roy who is 50 km from his house. Timmins drafted 99 Scherbaks and one Roy.

ZUKI

I hate the haters...
Oct 23, 2003
montreal
With picks no 5 and 10?
the loto is for the first, and second overall selection. Habs could then win both lotery
I can't beleive Habs had such uncompetent idiots for years. Being that close to miss a talent like Roy. Boivert and Ramage had to be begging on their knees Plz take Roy, pleeease !! Finally Timming thinking, what do I have to lose, okay I might take that guy, what's his name, Roy?. Gezz, such talent in his backyard, he can see little tiny talent behind a frozen spruce in Siberia but he miss Roy who is 50 km from his house. Timmins drafted 99 Scherbaks and one Roy.
Habs took him at least.
You do realize that all the scouts teams of the NHL also have passed at least 4 times on him ? All team are then runned by "incompetent idiots" ?

Reactions: Estimated_Prophet

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad