Prospect Info: Joshua Roy Part 2

Scriptor

Jan 1, 2014
Farrell was never at the WJCs but he was at the Olympics and World Championships last year.

Both times he started on the 4th line and ended up being a key fixture on their PK and out there defending leads.

and he was very productive in a bottom 6 role both times.

View attachment 630659
I'm really glad we might have an elite bottom-6 player to help round out our roster when we contend again.

I see that 4th line of Farrell - Beck - Heineman when we end up drafting both Bedard and Dvorsky as our eventual 1st and 3rd line Cs, with Suzuki playing the 2nd line C role and Dubois signing on as an UFA to be a power left wing in Montreal and a safety net at C in case of injuries. This will be the good times (as long as we can keep affording them under the Cap).

Dubois - Bedard - Roy
Caufield - Suzuki - Dach
Slafkovsky - Dvorsky - Mesar
Farrell - Beck - Heineman

We should make the playoffs as soon as we add Dubois as an UFA for the 2024-25 season. By then, playing Roy, Mesar, Dvorsky, Beck and Farrell won't be quite akin to rushing them to the NHL level.

Heineman should be ready to play in the NHL even before that (next season) with his years playing professional hockey against adults and his ability to be reliable defensively.

Even if we don't get to pick Bedard, Dubois can play C in the top-6, we still get an elite third line and ending a LW to play on the Dubois line is much easier than finding a C.

If Montreal acquires Dubois without losing any core youngsters, Montreal will be looking pretty any way you frame it.

Wayfarer13

Jun 21, 2020
Olivier Archambault was also a first overall pick in the LHJMQ, junior draft pedigree means nothing
Actually it does as it is an early indicator of the trend but it is only part of the equation and not the final product

BenchBrawl

Jul 26, 2010
I'm really glad we might have an elite bottom-6 player to help round out our roster when we contend again.

I see that 4th line of Farrell - Beck - Heineman when we end up drafting both Bedard and Dvorsky as our eventual 1st and 3rd line Cs, with Suzuki playing the 2nd line C role and Dubois signing on as an UFA to be a power left wing in Montreal and a safety net at C in case of injuries. This will be the good times (as long as we can keep affording them under the Cap).

Dubois - Bedard - Roy
Caufield - Suzuki - Dach

We should make the playoffs as soon as we add Dubois as an UFA for the 2024-25 season. By then, playing Roy, Mesar, Dvorsky, Beck and Farrell won't be quite akin to rushing them to the NHL level.

Heineman should be ready to play in the NHL even before that (next season) with his years playing professional hockey against adults and his ability to be reliable defensively.

Even if we don't get to pick Bedard, Dubois can play C in the top-6, we still get an elite third line and ending a LW to play on the Dubois line is much easier than finding a C.

If Montreal acquires Dubois without losing any core youngsters, Montreal will be looking pretty any way you frame it.

lmao man, this is a dream, it won't happen

dreaming is good for the soul though

xX SEYF Xx

Apr 5, 2022
Montreal
It's all about the learning curve.
The Boy came in to the Q already as a star, did good but not outstanding and then was drafted in 5th round.
Clearly affected him, he came to habs camp and opened eyes and was surprisingly cut very late.
Went back to the Q and produced like a freak to win the league's scoring ranking.
Habs pointed out his flaws, again no problem, he worked on those flaws and now have a well rounded game, contributes in more than just scoring.
He seems to positively react each time, aware of his game and willing to put the work

And that is why I'm not worried, Wawa is a lock NHL player, 3rd line is a floor and the clutch playoff kind of player

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
Boy, are you going to be surprised in two, three years.

What totally blew my mind was the interview Roy gave in the second intermission. He said he never played PK before. Really! Roy is going to surprise a lot of people. This kid has elite hockey IQ. His skating can stand a little improvement but thankfully he is being monitored by Hugo's team and not Bergevin's. According to many of you, our development team has improved immensely. Let's see if that's true.

A developmental staff can only do so much. It's nice the Habs are putting more emphasis on it, but it doesn't mean that they will cure most players of their deficiencies to a material extent.

Hopefully, Roy is one of the exceptions.

kyne

Oct 24, 2007
We are talking about people on the fringe of the spectrum who can't even be accurately diagnosed though. These test results are for far more acute cases.
It is a spectrum but there are obvious indicators. To my knowledge, it affects fine motor skills more than anything especially as young kids and not all high functioning individuals are affected. A big difference would be how they view the game on the ice compared to you and I. Consider that the Israeli Army uses kids on the spectrum to analyse satellite photographs.

Reactions: Estimated_Prophet

NewDef

Nov 2, 2015
Roy has like 8 goals and as many points as Huberdeau had in the wjc and the game is not yet over... you see him, he's involved, plays well on the board. He's no spider but a hell of a nice hound to complement a sniper-passer line! I like that kid and he has the attitude to make it. Work... it makes thing happen eh...

Last edited:

Asdetran

Jan 24, 2016

Dubois - Bedard - Roy
Caufield - Suzuki - Dach

And who gonna be the goalie…

xX SEYF Xx

Apr 5, 2022
Montreal
clutch playoff kind of player
Screenshot_20230105-220352.png

dinodebino

Sep 27, 2017
Of Beck Roy Farrell and Mesar:
Biggest lock to make NHL: Beck
Highest upside: Farrell

Roy and Mesar somewhere in the middle. As for Beck, I’m 100% sure he’s a player.
Roy I wasn’t sure about before this tournament but seeing how much he’s improved his skating and general player, I’m really starting to be convinced that he’s a 2nd or 3rd liner. Can move up and down and play PP/PK. I think the Toffoli comparison is excellent.
Mesar I still think has really high upside but I also think there’s a chance he never really plays. Saw some nice things from him this tournament.
Farrell for me is a wild card. I think he has incredible upside but I could see him never playing also. Just a feeling…
You’ll be getting tomatoes 🍅 from @Bombshell11 for sure!😂

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad