Prospect Info: Joshua Roy Part 2

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Jul 6, 2016
Could Roy join Laval this year if they make a playoff run? Would HuGo do this as part of the next stage in his development?
I think Sherbrooke will go further in their own Playoffs than the Rocket.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
Sherbrooke is going to lose several of their top scorers (Xavier Parent being the main one), so it will be interesting to see if Roy can drive the team.

Reactions: Kojo and Tyson

Justin11

Jan 16, 2009
Montréal
Sherbrooke is going to lose several of their top scorers (Xavier Parent being the main one), so it will be interesting to see if Roy can drive the team.
I’m also interested to see that, although I beleive he will do just fine.
Leading the league in pts at 18 is impressive.

Reactions: Tyson

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
They are playing a shitty game though....6-6 against Val D'Or? lol
Post automatically merged:

So Roy had that hat trick while Parent wasn't playing? Okay..lol

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Finally Phoenix wins. Roy didn't step on the ice for the OT. Clearly not going to take a chance on an injury while the scoring title was decided.

Justin11

Jan 16, 2009
Montréal
They are playing a shitty game though....6-6 against Val D'Or? lol
Post automatically merged:

So Roy had that hat trick while Parent wasn't playing? Okay..lol
I watched the entire game and found them sleeping defensively from the 2nd period along with subpar goaltending.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Didn’t he do that this year?

Doc5

Aug 8, 2012
Only 1st round?
He'd probably be a Top 10 pick.
Can some of the draft junkies confirm this? I've seen a few people say this and I am curious. Does Roy really go top 10 this draft?

So does that mean if Dumais was 3 inches taller he would go top 10 as well this draft?

Reactions: Habs 4 ever

ginomini

May 25, 2014
Can some of the draft junkies confirm this? I've seen a few people say this and I am curious. Does Roy really go top 10 this draft?

So does that mean if Dumais was 3 inches taller he would go top 10 as well this draft?
No, he would not go top 10. Maybe top 20, and that is still not sure. Actually, the noly guy in the top 10 that he would jump over is Boucher, but then others would jump between him and Boucher. 1st round for sure tho

Reactions: Doc5

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
Didn’t he do that this year?

Parent was also a big part of it as a duo. Next year, they don't have anyone I know of that will have a similar impact. Other vets (of lesser impact) are also leaving.

Unless they have some young guys coming I don't know about, it's going to be Roy vs the world next year instead of Roy and Parent vs the world.

I think he'll do well, but it's going to be interesting to see the difference. I wouldn't be surprised to see a drop from 119 points (while still being the team point leader by a fair margin).

Doesn't mean he's bad or anything.

Reactions: 417

CHwest

Talent sets the floor, character sets the ceiling.
May 24, 2011
Where did this talk of getting PLD come from lol?
He's from around here.

Psssst Emoticon

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Roy wins the QMJHL scoring championship by three points over William Dufour, and gets his 50th goal (+1) in the process. Roy is still 18. Impressive. He was consistent the entire year.

5'09 Jordan Dumais is 3rd in scoring behind Roy and Dufour and was 17 for most of the season (just turned 18 on April 15th). (And, he also tied Riley Kidney for 1st in the league in assists with 70).

Will be really interesting to see what round he gets drafted in.

Reactions: WinterLion

HuGo Burner Acc

Mar 30, 2016

The problem is it's all relative. Are we comparing his D+1 progression with that of undrafted players. What would they put up in the Q after being drafted? So it's hard to say. Probably not but maybe, who knows

Reactions: Doc5

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad