Prospect Info: Joshua Roy Part 2

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Tetragrammaton

Mar 17, 2022
The trophy is given to a person who has had a positive media impact and who has contributed to improving the image of the league during the past season.
Can’t go wrong, it’s a confidence booster for him. Excited to see him at camp with Wright!

xX SEYF Xx

Apr 5, 2022
Montreal
The trophy is given to a person who has had a positive media impact and who has contributed to improving the image of the league during the past season.
Well that's exactly why I totally thought Gascon would win, improving the image of the league!

but hey!! cant complain, wawa deserves all the best

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
You seriously think Bergevin would have been unable of making those trades? Also, I will say it again, but the main problem under Bergevin was Carey Price. When Bergevin came in, the decision was made to go all in with Price and to try shortcuts to win with him because the pipeline was empty due to a lack of picks between 2008-2011. Hughes and Gorton inherited to total opposite, a pipeline full of very good prospects.

Between 2008 and 2011, the four years preceding Bergevin, the Habs picked 25 players and 7 in the first 3 rounds.

Between, 2018 and 2021, the four years preceding HuGo, the Habs picked 38 players and 17 in the first 3 rounds.

That's night and day. 2008-2011 yielded Gallagher and Beaulieu. 2018-2021 already yielded Kotkaniemi, Romanov, Caufield, with Ylonen and Harris that are close to the NHL and many other very promising prospects in the pipeline. Add to that the fact that between 2008 and 2011, Gainey traded away McDonagh, while Bergevin, between 2018 and 2021, did the opposite, he acquired the best player on the team, Suzuki.

The reality, is that Bergevin in the last 5 years built through the draft, he will just not be there to see the result. He did that while still trying shortcuts to win with Price, trade for Andrew Shaw is a good example, and the stupid hostile offer to Aho is another.

When you give 10.5 M$ per year for 8 years to Price, with Molson's approval, you need to be logic and try to win with this guy. They came close last year, but now this window is closed. So maybe Hugo will be allowed by Molson to be patients and accept two more years of pain, but I doubt it. I will be happy if I am wrong and if the stick to a plan to really wait for their youth to mature and make the team a winner. But Molson is still there, and I fear that as soon as the medias will complain, he will push HuGo into shortcuts attempts.

Finally, I agree that Bergevin nedded to go, 10 years as GM in Montréal is a very long time. Towards the end he made some awful contract decisions with Gallagher and Armia, also letting Danault go because he prefered Gallagher. It was an enormous error of evaluation. But again, he finally commited to the draft with many picks in excess in rounds 2 and 3. That being said, HuGo traded players signed by Bergevin with good contracts, Toffoli, Chiarot. Lehkonen was the best pick of the 2nd round in 2013. Also, he acquired Edmundson for 5th round pick and signed him to a good contract.

The first test for HuGo will be if the pick Wright 1st overall and send him back in the OHL next season. If they do so, same with Joshua Roy, it will be a good sign. They also need to stop the silliness with Mailloux and invite him to rookies camp and training camp and they need to make a stand for the kid by saying the organization now looks forward with him and make it claer that this chapter is closed.
Some good points...............but your very first one was way off, Bergevin had TEN years, and never once got us a 1st via a trade, not once...........Hughes did it twice, in a four week period.
Bergevin rode Price, because he didn't know what else to do...........
He doesn't deserve the praise you give him, some good points about the drafting fiasco from 08-11 but his hiring of the wrong people from day 1 and doubling down on those wrong people over and over was a mistake,
He never deserved his extension, while he was riding the goalie and the core he inherited.

Not that you haven't made a couple of good points, we all could have done a few good things, given 10 years.......total clown in my books..........
Just my 2 cents.

Zilo44

Jul 4, 2012
Some good points...............but your very first one was way off, Bergevin had TEN years, and never once got us a 1st via a trade, not once...........Hughes did it twice, in a four week period.
He doesn't deserve the praise you give him, some good points about the drafting fiasco from 08-11 but his hiring of the wrong people from day 1 and doubling down on those wrong people over and over was a mistake,
He never deserved his extension, while he was riding the goalie and the core he inherited.

Not that you haven't made a couple of good points, we all could have done a few good things, given 10 years.......total clown in my books..........
Just my 2 cents.

Keeping Lefebvre for so long hurt him real
Bad in the long run

Reactions: viceroy and BLONG7

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
You seriously think Bergevin would have been unable of making those trades?
Bergevin's track record indicates that he would have resigned Lehkonen and Chiarot and not traded Toffoli.

He might have traded Wideman for a third and Perrault for a fifth, because he wins every trade.

The WJC is very overrated for development. Suzuki and Caufield both sucked and they’re literally the core we’re now building around.
Rules can have exceptions.

jfm133

Nov 6, 2015
The total clown made a final and a conference final and the playoffs six years out of ten and all was based on Price as the cornerstone. You don't trade good players for first rounder when the goal is to make the playoffs. One can argue that it was not a good idea, but Molson's mandate was to try to make the playoffs every year. Again, if Molson change his mandate and is now wiling to suffer three years in a row, one against his will, this year, and the next two year willingly, then HuGo will look likes geniuses because they inherited a lot of good young assets and trade material to add to that, plus a first overall. That being said, I will be very surprised if HuGo are allowed to wait two more years before selling youth to speed up the process. There will be pressure from Molson as soon as the medias will cry next fall. Saint-Louis was seen by many as a genius this year coaching without pressure in a lost season. But next year, medias will change their minds on Saint-Louis if the team is piling up loses again and they will ask for trades of prospects and picks for immediate help. Mark my word on that. That's the way it works in Montréal. In 2012, if Bergevin's plan would have been to trade Price, be out of the playoffs three years in a row, close to the bottom, he would never have been hired as GM. He got the job because his vision about Price was in line with the vision of ownership. If Molson & Co finally learned their lesson about the necissity to suffer a few year in a row in order to build a cup contender, great, but I still doubt it.

Just my 2 cents.

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
The WJC is very overrated for development. Suzuki and Caufield both sucked and they’re literally the core we’re now building around.

I'm not sure how that dispels the notion that the WJC is good for a players development. It's a good measuring stick for them. A poor performance can be a wake up call for players, to focus on certain aspects of their game while watching other elite players and their day to day habits.

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011
The total clown made a final and a conference final and the playoffs six years out of ten and all was based on Price as the cornerstone. You don't trade good players for first rounder when the goal is to make the playoffs. One can argue that it was not a good idea, but Molson's mandate was to try to make the playoffs every year. Again, if Molson change his mandate and is now wiling to suffer three years in a row, one against his will, this year, and the next two year willingly, then HuGo will look likes geniuses because they inherited a lot of good young assets and trade material to add to that, plus a first overall. That being said, I will be very surprised if HuGo are allowed to wait two more years before selling youth to speed up the process. There will be pressure from Molson as soon as the medias will cry next fall. Saint-Louis was seen by many as a genius this year coaching without pressure in a lost season. But next year, medias will change their minds on Saint-Louis if the team is piling up loses again and they will ask for trades of prospects and picks for immediate help. Mark my word on that. That's the way it works in Montréal. In 2012, if Bergevin's plan would have been to trade Price, be out of the playoffs three years in a row, close to the bottom, he would never have been hired as GM. He got the job because his vision about Price was in line with the vision of ownership. If Molson & Co finally learned their lesson about the necissity to suffer a few year in a row in order to build a cup contender, great, but I still doubt it.

It's still real to you dammit!

Reactions: viceroy

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad