Prospect Info: Joshua Roy Part 2

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Paddy17

Apr 10, 2021
He still needs to get stronger and improve his speed (not just skating, but reaction and decision-making), but you can see IQ oozing out of him and the puck just seems glued on his stick when he's stickhandling.

Reactions: HankyZetts

LesCanadiens

Hardcore Curmudgeon
Feb 27, 2002
West Kelowna
really liking that Roy - Monahan - Armia line, they fit well together

I hope they keep Monahan & Roy together, great veteran to have as a linemate for a rookie
Monahan and Roy have a very high IQ and it showed tonight. Armia isn't exactly dumb either and his size is starting to make room for the other 2. Monahan was excellent tonight. And I'll make a bold prediction and say Roy is here to stay. Played decent defensively too, and that may be the clincher for staying. Smart player. Knows how to wait in the weeds and be that trailer no one notices until it's too late. He was doing this a lot tonight and the last game. It'll pay dividends regularly if teammates start learning his game.

NewDef

Nov 2, 2015
Monahan and Roy have a very high IQ and it showed tonight. Armia isn't exactly dumb either and his size is starting to make room for the other 2. Monahan was excellent tonight. And I'll make a bold prediction and say Roy is here to stay. Played decent defensively too, and that may be the clincher for staying. Smart player. Knows how to wait in the weeds and be that trailer no one notices until it's too late. He was doing this a lot tonight and the last game. It'll pay dividends regularly if teammates start learning his game.
Armia plays well lately. He's so strong along the board. I like that Roy see and learns this aspect. He seemed a lot better along the boards in this game.

If Armia always played like that i'd say this looks like a hell of a 3rd line for a competing team.

What we saw tonight is what we hoped to see from Joshua. I'm pleased with the progression. He's gonna be good... cool.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad