Prospect Info: Joshua Roy Part 2

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Revansky

Mar 17, 2013
Montreal
What an impressive start. I was a fan of his game but didn't think he would be this impactful right away in the AHL. If he can keep this up, we may have a great nhl top 6 player in a year or two.

Jul 6, 2016
Keep Roy for at least half a season. Let him dominate. Anyway, there is no place on the roster for more forwards.

What an impressive start. I was a fan of his game but didn't think he would be this impactful right away in the AHL. If he can keep this up, we may have a great nhl top 6 player in a year or two.
He reminds me of Alex Tanguay a lot.

jfm133

Nov 6, 2015
Roy is destroying the "development" argument we can read so often here. This guy is a great talent since minor hockey, was first overall pick in the Q in 2019, Houle will not make or destroy him.

I agree not to call him up right now, because I believe in patience and in a step by step approach with young players, but many here want him to stay in Laval just because he was a 5th round pick and because they doubted him all the way up to what he is now.

Hey, compare Roy with Slaf, if AHL is good for Roy now, it should have been good for Slaf. Roy dominated the Q in his last two seasons, and he his on his way to dominate the AHL. That's the way it should be. Also, in the last two years I said many times here that he would improve on his weaknesses, and he did just that, but the elite talent was obvious all along, and remember that he just turned 20 last August.

danisonfire

2313 Saint Catherine
Jul 2, 2009
Like I have previously said, this guy gets it. He is in the right places on the ice. He sees the play at a high level. Head up. He will eventually have success at the NHL level.

Keep him in the AHL and call him up for games here and there so he can visualize what he needs to work on. Even a couple of games spread out at the NHL level can help him tremendously.

I still feel the majority of the games this year should be in the AHL with heavy usage and less pressure.

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
After tonight game for Roy, Craig Button be

1697855149374.gif

Scriptor

Jan 1, 2014
Roy is destroying the "development" argument we can read so often here. This guy is a great talent since minor hockey, was first overall pick in the Q in 2019, Houle will not make or destroy him.

I agree not to call him up right now, because I believe in patience and in a step by step approach with young players, but many here want him to stay in Laval just because he was a 5th round pick and because they doubted him all the way up to what he is now.

Hey, compare Roy with Slaf, if AHL is good for Roy now, it should have been good for Slaf. Roy dominated the Q in his last two seasons, and he his on his way to dominate the AHL. That's the way it should be. Also, in the last two years I said many times here that he would improve on his weaknesses, and he did just that, but the elite talent was obvious all along, and remember that he just turned 20 last August.
"...but many here want him to stay in Laval just because he was a 5th round pick..."

That's unfounded take, IMO.Haven't heard anyone use the 5th rounder argument to keep him in Laval.

I think a lot of fans have been snake-bitten by the development of Galchenyuk (3rd OA), KK (3rd OA) and Slafkovsky as well (1stOA), last season where he might have done better with a stint in Laval. The early stay in Montreal has been a common factor for allegedly good talents who either clearly flopped, in the end, or took/are taking a long while to hit their next gear.

I say, let the player dominate until there is clearly nothing else to learn before moving him to the next level.

4 games are too few games to make a concerted opinion. If, by X-Mas, Roy is still dominating, by all means, please call him up. With the amount of confidence he'll have gained, he should be gangbusters once in Montreal under MSL.

Reactions: Vachon23

crosbyshow

Aug 25, 2017
Former Roy's coach in Sherbrooke Stephane Julien gave an interview to Martin Lemay on Bpm Sports this week and he said:

That ....Roy has already a better hockey IQ than more than 80% NHL players.

Julien helped Roy a lot after his trade from St John to Sherbrooke.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad