Prospect Info: Joshua Roy Part 2

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
Stay down all season. Maybe not the last few games depending

Not that he isn't worthy, but don't bring him up to a mess, unless Laval is just as big of a mess.

Zilo44

Jul 4, 2012
I remember people on this board panicking when he looked out of place at 18 in the playoffs semi finals, with no practice.

Reactions: David Suzuki

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
I remember people on this board panicking when he looked out of place at 18 in the playoffs semi finals, with no practice.

One year ago, people were saying he was a bust/wasn't going to make the nhl because he was unnoticeable in habs camp. Only Two months later after his wjc performance, he was back to being very hyped.

People put way too much weight on training camp and small sample sizes. We're seeing the same thing regarding Farrell right now.

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013
One year ago, people were saying he was a bust/wasn't going to make the nhl because he was unnoticeable in habs camp. Only Two months later after his wjc performance, he was back to being very hyped.

People put way too much weight on training camp and small sample sizes. We're seeing the same thing regarding Farrell right now.
Yeah it is as you say in that it goes both ways. A good season is something worth looking into, a good tournament is not. Joel Armia would be our leading scorer if he only looked at the world championships.

ReHabs

Sponsor
Jan 18, 2022
Wonder if him or Armia gets the call up if Dach injured? Would love to see him tried out with Suzuki and Caufield.
Imo he's the best fit with them of anyone in the system, he can win puck battles, high IQ, quick instincts and good defense.
Let Roy cook a bit in the AHL before calling him up. Armia is a good PKer, he can serve a purpose on the NHL team.

Heffyhoof

So happy to be glad to be pleased to meet you.
Jan 17, 2016
I've only caught highlights of the first two games, but Roy has been terrific! I think I'll be purchasing AHL games shortly.

McGuires Corndog

Pierre's favorite MONSTER performer
Sponsor
Feb 6, 2008
Montreal
Should be the call-up with the Dach injury but they'll likely bring Armia up.

Nah, let him cook a bit down there first.

I like seeing the youngsters with a bit of stability , use Armia as that yo-yo for the time being.

To me we move RHP up to the line with Newhook at C and let Armia/Pezz play 4th line.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
I get people wanting him to spend the year in the AHL, and I understand he only played 2 games so that sample is small, but if Roy is anything close to 2ppg by Christmas there's no way management waste him here so that he can "learn".

They'll give him a look in the NHL if he continues to produce and there continue to be injuries.

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
I get people wanting him to spend the year in the AHL, and I understand he only played 2 games so that sample is small, but if Roy is anything close to 2ppg by Christmas there's no way management waste him here so that he can "learn".
Christ if he’s near 2ppg after 10 games, I’d call him up.

Likely that doesn’t happen but I don’t think he’ll be that long for Laval honestly. Don’t mind if he stays down there though.

Reactions: HankyZetts

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
The problem is that management doesn't appear to want to trade anyone just to make space. They didn't with the Monty/Allen/Primeau situation which is a lot more urgent, you can't keep 3 goalies up for very long.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad