Prospect Info: Joshua Roy Part 2

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Bottomshelf

Sep 16, 2019
I agree with this I just dont know what side you are on.. His speed once he gets to it is not a problem. Its his explosiveness coming out of a dead/close to dead stop. He takes a little too long to get his speed up, and his posture when doing so allows him to be knocked off the puck early. But when he has control of the puck, he has the ability to slow the game down to the speed that he wants to play at. Something that Suzuki is extremely good at. When he has the puck, he decides how fast the pace will be, and this is a huge skill Roy has. Speed through the neutral zone isnt an issue, but his explosiveness is what can most definitely improve. And I think it has, but I also think that hes found ways to manipulate the play to benefit him when its based around the play the he lacks in. If he keeps improving on this, and is as smart as he is in those situations, there really shouldnt be an issue.
I am of the opinion that his acceleration will never be and asset but his skating is not nearly poor enough to be a liability, luckily based on his style of play he doesn't rely on it either. I was trying to list people who has suchlike success who weren't necessarily know for skating acumen. I think Roy would absoultey burn Perry in a race. We have had prospects I'm the past that also did this with both success and failure, Suzuki is a great example by yourself another I can think of is Hudon. I think Roy is a far better prospect across the board but they did play a similar way. I slid the Taungay comparison in as he could skate well but also lacked the acceleration or burst on dead stops

Reactions: DinosaurBones

Jaynki

Feb 3, 2014
Nice mitts on his goal and quick shot.

Was pretty invisible rest of the game. Has some NHL tools but he is lacking dynamism. I still have trouble seeing the path forward to a prominent role in our team for him. Not sure he beats out those 5 (Suz, CC, Dach, Newhook, Slaf). We will see, i think he will have to distinguish himself in the AHL.

Fatbiggie

Unregistered User
Jul 30, 2005
He did set-up Beck for a golden chance after his goal. Had less touches in the rest of the game but overall good first game.

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
Nice goal tonight. Didn't notice him much afterwards though.
I think that's why the Toffoli comparison is so good.

Toffoli you'd forget he was even playing, which is fine as it meant while he wasn't generating opportunities, he wasn't costing them against the team and then bam scored a goal out of nowhere.

Wateredgarden

Oct 10, 2020
People forget one asset of Roy, he's very strong on his skate and is a force of nature physically, his strenght will be one of his feature all his career. We'll see a couple of people bouncing off of him in the near future.

Reactions: Sagikev and Dutronc

Scriptor

Jan 1, 2014
I think (hope) Roy will be the real deal and help prop up a top-6. Ideally, he'd show immediate chemistry with Caufield and Suzuki to solve that requirement for a RW option aside from Dach in order to open up the way for Dach to Center his own line without any speculation that he should return to RW alongside Caufield and Suzuki at even strength (they should still be reunited for the PP, IMO).

Reactions: Sagikev

Paddyjack

Dec 10, 2007
Sherbrooke
I think (hope) Roy will be the real deal and help prop up a top-6. Ideally, he'd show immediate chemistry with Caufield and Suzuki to solve that requirement for a RW option aside from Dach in order to open up the way for Dach to Center his own line without any speculation that he should return to RW alongside Caufield and Suzuki at even strength (they should still be reunited for the PP, IMO).
Absolutely. If they don't try Roy with Suzufield, I will scream. It's so obvious

Reactions: windycity

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad