Player Discussion Josh Norris (C) 6’-1” - Part 3

Norris4Norris

Jul 13, 2022
You said the expectations set out by the organization, then goal post moved them, to your subliminal opinion.
Haha

The Senators organization have actually been talking for years about a rebuild. The next step is the playoffs, otherwise there is no growth and there is no re-build.

Pat Riley would talk about the evolution of the game of basketball. I feel it is pertinent to the NHL considering the format of the league (82 games, 7 game series in the playoffs).

You go from nobody to an upstart. Then from an upstart to winner, a winner to a contender, a contender to a champion and lastly a champion to a dynasty.

Right now we are an upstart, TSN is highlighting how well PD has drafted and how good all of our young players are.

The next step is to be a winner, as in we win enough games to make the playoffs. Some people might not see us as a winner unless we win two playoff rounds but that is besides the point. We are on track and everyone knows what stop is next.

LuckyPierre

Jul 1, 2010
You can't force players to take surgery they don't want to take. We don't want an Eichel situation on our hands. Norris wanted to try rehab first, even though there was the possibility he would need surgery no matter what. He rehabbed it as much as as he could up to the point where he was risking the start of this season, then pushed it as hard as he could to see if the rehab was enough. It wasn't enough, so he got surgery, and now he'll be ready for the start of this season.

The team handled it perfectly. They let Norris seek the medical advice from multiple experts. They then respected Norris' wish to go the rehab route, up until the point where he was risking the start of this season.

The exact same situation played out with Robertson on the Leafs, and Caufield on the Habs. They both injured their shoulders and tried rehab or even play through the injury up until January, where they, like Norris, got shoulder surgery to be ready just in time for the start of this season.

Not a chance. When your centre returns from injury without the ability to take faceoffs, the organization is reaching. It was a major fumble.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
You can't force players to take surgery they don't want to take. We don't want an Eichel situation on our hands. Norris wanted to try rehab first, even though there was the possibility he would need surgery no matter what. He rehabbed it as much as as he could up to the point where he was risking the start of this season, then pushed it as hard as he could to see if the rehab was enough. It wasn't enough, so he got surgery, and now he'll be ready for the start of this season.

The team handled it perfectly. They let Norris seek the medical advice from multiple experts. They then respected Norris' wish to go the rehab route, up until the point where he was risking the start of this season.

The exact same situation played out with Robertson on the Leafs, and Caufield on the Habs. They both injured their shoulders and tried rehab or even play through the injury up until January, where they, like Norris, got shoulder surgery to be ready just in time for the start of this season.
This is absolutely insane. He's still hurt. Thats not at all what happend with Caufield he shut it down immediately to get surgery. Having to seek multiple experts to get the diagnosis you want which was quite clearly wrong is not how to handle an asset that you ow 64 million dollars to. His career is in the balance and they had him come back unecessarily early.

PaulD

Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
This is absolutely insane. He's still hurt. Thats not at all what happend with Caufield he shut it down immediately to get surgery. Having to seek multiple experts to get the diagnosis you want which was quite clearly wrong is not how to handle an asset that you ow 64 million dollars to. His career is in the balance and they had him come back unecessarily early.
and the player wanted to know ....if he could come back now.
There is no villain here.

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
The player also has a say, and they got a second and third and possibly a fourth opinion (lost track). So there’s probably a lot of blame to go around.

Eichel took a stand on surgery until he got traded, (though I did agree with him after listening to a long doctor interview on a podcast, before he had surgery)

Reactions: PaulD

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
This is a bit of a weird situation now with DJ just confirming with gord Wilson pregame that they thought he’d be out there and they want him out there but the player doesn’t feel he’s ready.
I’m supporting Josh right now. He knows how he feels better than anyone else.

Rodzilla

Aug 31, 2010
Canada
Honestly what a shit show.

Ill be the negative one but the team isnt making the playoffs without Norris.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Honestly what a shit show.

Ill be the negative one but the team isnt making the playoffs without Norris.
I mean, we were what, 6 pts off without Norris last year and have added Chychrun, should have a more experienced Pinto, healthy Batherson, and added depth of Tank and Kublilk to mitigate any loss from Debrincat.

I doubt we're missing Norris all year, but if we are, we're still in a better spot than we were last year.

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.STEVE★
Jul 26, 2005

Caufield did not immediately shut it down. He separated his shoulder twice and had to pop it back in before. Canadiens forward Caufield separated shoulder twice, popped it back in both times

You're the insane one here. You're the one pretending to know Norris' medical history. You're the one fabricating lies. The team played this by the book, exactly the same way other teams have.

Rodzilla

Aug 31, 2010
Canada
I mean, we were what, 6 pts off without Norris last year and have added Chychrun, should have a more experienced Pinto, healthy Batherson, and added depth of Tank and Kublilk to mitigate any loss from Debrincat.

I doubt we're missing Norris all year, but if we are, we're still in a better spot than we were last year.
Cant argue that but we were mostly a one line and PP team. There are odds we regress. Again just an opinion, but hopefully we dont throw Pinto on the 2nd like last year

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Cant argue that but we were mostly a one line and PP team. There are odds we regress. Again just an opinion, but hopefully we dont throw Pinto on the 2nd like last year
I think our added depth and superior d group should help resolve the one line issue. I also think we have the talent to put out a very good pp again.

And if you want to talk about regression, it works both ways, what are the odds our 5v5 sh% is once again worst in the league in spite of some pretty good shooting talent?

MarkStone

Frankie Fryer
Mar 12, 2016

I think the take you quoted and your take can both be true.

We’ve probably improved in depth and development but Norris is understatedly crucial in what this core’s potential can be.

And frankly, until they make the playoffs the skepticism is understandable, Norris tilts the ice so much for us when he is in the lineup, playing consistent games, and feeling confident.

Rodzilla

Aug 31, 2010
Canada
I think our added depth and superior d group should help resolve the one line issue. I also think we have the talent to put out a very good pp again.

And if you want to talk about regression, it works both ways, what are the odds our 5v5 sh% is once again worst in the league in spite of some pretty good shooting talent?
I hope you are right. I am not as optimistic and I find this whole Norris situation dumb and annoying

HSF

Sep 3, 2008

if our centre depth is weak it will be tough. The sens really need Norris back

Injuries will happen and guys will have to step up but missing Norris long term will definitely hurt

I think teams like Buffalo, Pens and Det have also improved so the margins will be slim

Reactions: Rodzilla

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad