Player Discussion Josh Norris (C) 6’-1” - Part 3

Good in Osgoode

Jan 15, 2018
Osgoode
Like Ricky Bobby? Let’s hope Norris doesn’t strip down to his gitch in warmups and scream that ninjas are trying to get him
1697556481680.png

• Haha
Reactions: Johnny Hanson

thinkwild

Veni Vidi Toga
Jul 29, 2003
Ottawa
I can imagine being very nervous if I was Norris to rush back before I feel fully healed risking another injury which could be devastating. Seems a little dramatic to call that mental issues although i guess it is. If he knows his body, still isnt quite right, comes back and re-injures himself, im sure going to wish he had dismissed our hopes for a quick return and waited a little longer.

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
I can imagine being very nervous if I was Norris to rush back before I feel fully healed risking another injury which could be devastating. Seems a little dramatic to call that mental issues although i guess it is. If he knows his body, still isnt quite right, comes back and re-injures himself, im sure going to wish he had dismissed our hopes for a quick return and waited a little longer.
At this point it is not a quick return

It could be a career ending injury with the way things are headed

• Haha
Reactions: Sensinitis

Norris4Norris

Jul 13, 2022
At this point it is not a quick return

It could be a career ending injury with the way things are headed
But it is only his shoulder?

We have all seen guys come back from tearing tendons and ligaments all over their bodies. A lot of these injuries are common and the surgeries are routine. The level of expertise of the physiotherapists to rehab after surgery is top notch. Eichel had a neck injury and came back and won a Cup.

So I just don't get how this injury could end his career from a medical perspective. Karlsson came back from nearly having the back of his ankle cut in half by Matt Cooke's skate.

Zion Williamson is a basketball player who is always "injured" and never plays. However on his social media he is doing 360 windmill dunks. Some players will use every excuse not to play even when they are healthy enough to play.

I don't think this is Norris' situation but after awhile it seems more mental, to me, then physical.

armani

High Jacques
Apr 8, 2005
Uranus
Well you see, I tore my shoulder when my hand slipped out from under me trying to brace myself after falling at a floating water park and I was back to sitting in my office chair the next day, why can't Norris get back to work?

A real Tragedy.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Of course Norris will be nervous when he starts his first game, but like most athletes once he has been out there a shift or two you put that to the back of your mind & start concentrating on making plays & playing the game you did before. But he will still be a little more careful not to get himself into positions where he can hurt it again. The Joseph, Greig & Tarasenko line is working so replace Chartier with Norris & effectively create another scoring line with Batherson & Kubalik.

Of course, that does make them rather small down the middle without Pinto there, but Tkachuk, Giroux, Norris & Kastelic are all good on draws & gives them more options on left & right circle draws. When Pinto returns he takes Greig's spot & Greig should get moved to LW & one of Kubalik or Joseph are replaced & Pinto is also good at draws. Joseph is fast, but so are Norris & Pinto so they won't hurt team speed at all & Kubalik is pretty fast too.

Tkachuk - Stutzle - Giroux
Kubalik - Norris - Batherson
Joseph - Greig/Pinto - Tarasenko
Kelly - Kastelic - MacEwan

There are two power play units with 5 players on each unit, the 1st has Tkachuk, Stutzle, Giroux, Batherson & Chabot on it. The 2nd unit has Sanderson, Tarasenko & probably Chychrun & eventually Pinto. I would bet that Giroux could end up on the 2nd unit at some point & Norris back on the 1st unit although it could take several games into the season to see where Norris is with that shoulder & whether he still has the sniper shot on the PP.

PP1 - Tkachuk, Stutzle, Batherson, Chabot & Norris
PP2 - Giroux, Tarasenko, Pinto, Sanderson & Chychrun
Extras - Greig & Kubalik

Reactions: Cosmix

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
But it is only his shoulder?

We have all seen guys come back from tearing tendons and ligaments all over their bodies. A lot of these injuries are common and the surgeries are routine. The level of expertise of the physiotherapists to rehab after surgery is top notch. Eichel had a neck injury and came back and won a Cup.

So I just don't get how this injury could end his career from a medical perspective. Karlsson came back from nearly having the back of his ankle cut in half by Matt Cooke's skate.

Zion Williamson is a basketball player who is always "injured" and never plays. However on his social media he is doing 360 windmill dunks. Some players will use every excuse not to play even when they are healthy enough to play.

I don't think this is Norris' situation but after awhile it seems more mental, to me, then physical.
Some people have bodies that just more prone to injury though. Look at Matt Murray

You are right hopefully it is mental but if he is 'tweaking' it often I would be concerned

Reactions: Norris4Norris

DueDiligence

Nov 16, 2013
There are two power play units with 5 players on each unit, the 1st has Tkachuk, Stutzle, Giroux, Batherson & Chabot on it. The 2nd unit has Sanderson, Tarasenko & probably Chychrun & eventually Pinto. I would bet that Giroux could end up on the 2nd unit at some point & Norris back on the 1st unit although it could take several games into the season to see where Norris is with that shoulder & whether he still has the sniper shot on the PP.

PP1 - Tkachuk, Stutzle, Batherson, Chabot & Norris
PP2 - Giroux, Tarasenko, Pinto, Sanderson & Chychrun
Extras - Greig & Kubalik
I'm not sure why Chabot remains on PP1. Chychrun has a far better shot and Sanderson is a better passer. Time will tell if he stays there.

Reactions: robsenz

ottawagm

May 6, 2023
I'm not sure why Chabot remains on PP1. Chychrun has a far better shot and Sanderson is a better passer. Time will tell if he stays there.
They had Sanderson on PP1 today.

I assume Greig is filling in on that PP1 today for Stutzle who was out.

PP2:

Reactions: DrEasy

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad