Player Discussion Josh Norris (C) 6’-1” - Part 3

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.STEVE★
Jul 26, 2005
Would Dorion or the Senators be obliged to tell Norris & his agent about this? Couldn't they just tell Norris to take his time and make sure he's fully healed? I guess you're assuming that Norris would eventually say (publicly) he's healthy I suppose. But, if Norris was having some doubts about his injury, perhaps under those circumstances Dorion could use this tactic. I admit I'm just wondering out loud what happened. Maybe I'm just allowing my imagination to run amok.

Tin foil hat stuff.

If this were the case, Norris would not be travelling with the team, doing regular practices, and saying he's going to play soon. Norris would have to be 100% complicit in this. You're reaching.

Big Muddy

Dec 15, 2019
Tin foil hat stuff.

If this were the case, Norris would not be travelling with the team, doing regular practices, and saying he's going to play soon. Norris would have to be 100% complicit in this. You're reaching.
Ya, probably. I did say it could be just an overactive imagination at work. Did Norris say he is going to play soon? I must have missed that. I know he has been practicing. Not important one way or another.

So, it's just a plain old PD f'ed up badly situation. Nothing new.

Last edited:

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
It’s weird. Norris taking faceoffs and contact in practice tells you he’s close but not suiting up for a game yet says the opposite. Putting him him on LTIR solves the immediate issue if Pinto accepts 2 x 2 it solves the longer term issue. The only thing that makes sense is the doctors and Norris himself think he is day to day.

Reactions: swiftwin

caymanmew

May 18, 2014
Ottawa
It’s weird. Norris taking faceoffs and contact in practice tells you he’s close but not suiting up for a game yet says the opposite. Putting him him on LTIR solves the immediate issue if Pinto accepts 2 x 2 it solves the longer term issue. The only thing that makes sense is the doctors and Norris himself think he is day to day.

If he suited up for a game we wouldn't be close though, he would be ready. If he wasn't taking contact he also wouldn't be close. Being close should mean he isn't playing yet but is practicing in every facet of the game. I.E. close to ready.

KingAlfie11

Nov 3, 2021
That's huge that Norris is getting closer and closer. We need Norris healthy in this lineup asap!!!

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Neither game this weekend

I thought he'd miss 3 or 4. Let's see but It might be 3 or 4 more. I realize they wanted him inside the 24 day minimum of LTIR but .. The extra time would allow Dorion to spin his wheels a little longer and it would allow Pinto to come in and at least solidify more of the roster.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013

LTIR requires a 10 game absence. Seems we’ll likely be 20% there after tomorrow’s game.

Should definitely have been put on LTIR to get Pinto in and give us time.

Excited to have a full lineup tonight

That's huge that Norris is getting closer and closer. We need Norris healthy in this lineup asap!!!
Well technically he’s always getting closer and closer. As soon as he got injured he started getting closer.

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
Neither game this weekend

I thought he'd miss 3 or 4. Let's see but It might be 3 or 4 more. I realize they wanted him inside the 24 day minimum of LTIR but .. The extra time would allow Dorion to spin his wheels a little longer and it would allow Pinto to come in and at least solidify more of the roster.
Lol, this is getting ridiculous. I honestly don't know what to think other than to continue to doubt the health of his shoulder until proven otherwise.

Ghost of Jody Hull

May 20, 2022
Lol, this is getting ridiculous. I honestly don't know what to think other than to continue to doubt the health of his shoulder until proven otherwise.

He’s real close to playing, he just can’t participate in most practice drills. But real close!

The next game after Sunday is Wednesday. That’ll be a couple days short of a month since Dorion said “if the regular season started tomorrow he’d be playing.”

And before someone says anything about the setback, Dorion made those comments after that happened.

Nothing to see here though.

LiseL

Sponsor
Sep 25, 2023
He quite clearly is way more injuredI than day to day. Out of the sens last 91 games including pre season he has played 8. This is over a period of more than a year now. He has had two injuries and a surgery in that time period. So if you are going to be realistic and a tiny bit objective and actually understand major injuries it's going to take Norris 20 to 30 healthy games to get close to back to normal. If he can even make it that long.

Pinto on the other hand is not coming off of an injury. He's likely the better player by a substantial margin right now. And wouldn't surprise me if he ends up the better player all together when taking Norris's injury history and missed development. They need wins now.
I read somewhere that Norris had surgery on the same shoulder back in 2019, and then again in 2023 but for a different issue. If he needs a 3rd surgery, he may be done unless it's a minor issue.

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
And before someone says anything about the setback, Dorion made those comments after that happened.

He had a setback when the team was in Nova Scotia, that was two weeks ago. So which was it. When were those comments made. Two weeks ago or a month ago?

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
He’s real close to playing, he just can’t participate in most practice drills. But real close!

The next game after Sunday is Wednesday. That’ll be a couple days short of a month since Dorion said “if the regular season started tomorrow he’d be playing.”

Nothing to see here though.
I'm like a lot of others at this point. I won't believe anything until I see him in a regular season game. The time for talk is over with the goalposts continually being moved back.

Ghost of Jody Hull

May 20, 2022
And it was revealed he had a setback on October 4th. That’s what is being referenced with the setback.

Oh so he’s re-injured it twice already, in the span of a couple of weeks, in practice? Sounds promising. Nothing to be concerned about!

LiseL

Sponsor
Sep 25, 2023
He had a setback when the team was in Nova Scotia, that was two weeks ago. So which was it. When were those comments made. Two weeks ago or a month ago?
If I remember correctly, first he tweaked something during the Captains skate, then he had a setback. Then there was talk of a mental issue. Can't remember which came first: the setback or the mental issue. After that, it was that he was not medically cleared which brings us to where we are now.

Ghost of Jody Hull

May 20, 2022
If I remember correctly, first he tweaked something during the Captains skate, then he had a setback. Then there was talk of a mental issue. Can't remember which came first: the setback or the mental issue. After that, it was that he was not medically cleared which brings us to where we are now.

I think the timeline is:

1. Tweak so he can’t take contact in practice, but he’s healthy and could play if the season was going.

2. Setback but no concern, will play preseason games.

3. Medically cleared but mental issue.

4. No mental issue but not medically cleared.

All normal stuff.

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Oh so he’s re-injured it twice already, in the span of a couple of weeks, in practice? Sounds promising. Nothing to be concerned about!

Nobody has said it’s promising and there’s plenty of reasons to be concerned. Its gonna take a month or so of him playing before anyone feels comfortable. Though questioning the validity of what is being said now because circumstances changed after what was said previously isn’t great.

TeamRenzo

Jul 20, 2009
I thought I heard on the broadcast that they planned on Norris playing Wed against the Caps. I am not 100% sure, I was pretty buzzed :laugh:

Reactions: Icelevel

SpezDispenser

Aug 15, 2007
Norris skated on Saturday with former captain Daniel Alfredsson

That's pretty awesome. Alfie will be great to guide these guys off ice.

Reactions: senswon

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad