Player Discussion Josh Norris (C) 6’-1” - Part 3

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
The org has hired all the best-in-class exorcists. They expect Oct 31st to be when he'll come back from the dead.
It is possible that he could come back as "The Invisible Man"!

Good luck explaining that to some, I have tried for years.

1) Yes we have Stutzle, Norris, Sogaard and Ostapchuk but we traded a 3 times Norris winner to get it and depended on :

- The Sharks falling apart faster than expected
- The Rangers and Kings to not draft Stutzle
- Required to move up using a 2nd and 3rd round pick to draft Sogaard
- Norris being better than the Sens themselves expected

2) Yes we have Tkachuk and thankfully they didn't draft Zadina over him but it also required the Habs to stupidly draft Kotkaniemi

4) Yes we have Batherson and he was one of our best draft picks in recent history but he was actually drafted BEFORE the rebuild. We can credit Dorion sure but the guy at the head of the Sens drafting, Trent Mann, was brought in by Bryan Murray in 2011

5) Yes we have Giroux but he is 35 y/o and we haven't made the playoffs yet. It required him to be tied with the Ottawa area

6) Yes we have Pinto but he is not even signed right now... It was a great pick though so full credit to them

7) Yes we have Greig but we traded a high end 3rd line Center to get him (Pageau). We also drafted Kleven with the return from that trade. Thanks to shrewd drafting here, this could end up the 2nd best trade in Dorion's era

8) We also have Jarventie who looks promising but after a FULL 6 years rebuild, is that all we have left in terms of promising forwards? As we haven't made the playoffs yet, we should still have a pretty good prospect pool like the Devils or Sabres for example.

9) Yes we have Chabot but Murray was still the GM when he was drafted

10) Yes we have Chychrun but we paid 12th OA and two 2nds to get him. This is one of Dorion's best moves though, he just needs to stay healthy and extend with us to a reasonable contract

11) Yes we have Sanderson and this is one of the best Sens picks. Not a big reach but it took balls to take him 5th OA so full credit to them

12) Yes we have Zub, this was another of Dorion's best moves

13) Yes we have Brannstrom but we had to trade a 26 y/o Selke level PPG Winger to get him

14) Forsberg and Korpsilo, I like that duo, there's potential there. Great picks up by Dorion

Our whole rebuild is built on :

- Karlsson and Pageau trades (great returns, great drafting for what was elite/great pieces)
- Tkachuk and Sanderson selections (didn't screw up with 4th and 5th OA picks)
- Good drafting in Batherson and Pinto
- Getting Giroux, Zub, Forsberg and Korpisalo for basically nothing (UFAs + waiver claim)

Now if you look at Zibanejad, Duchene, Gustavsson, Boucher, Stepan and all the other stuff, that's where it gets ugly
Hopefully Staios is reading this. :)

Reactions: Xspyrit

SensHulk

May 31, 2016
San Jose, CA
That comment was made before Norris suffered a tweak and a subsequent set back.

Like I said there is an issue with processing all of the information as opposed to looking to find fault and place blame.

It’s easy to post an opinion and claim that it represents ‘the fanbase’ but I suspect that the broader fanbase doesn’t have these pressing concerns nor delves into things to create blame situations much at all. That’s an HF boards thing where the uber fans gather to speculate.

I personally find it embarrassing when I read posts from people who don’t have a medical background, and don’t have any internal information, making bold claims about medical matters.

But hey, Twitter is gonna Twitter, and when it’s all about placing blame, those with a bone to pick are going to ride that train regardless.
Come on @Ice-Tray you really think Norris tweaking something half-way through training camp while he starts the camp in non-contact jersey are completely isolated? None of this has smelled right and while I’m not a medical expert, I probably wouldn’t be out there spinning and proclaiming he would be ready. I honestly think just being more conservative with the message would help temper expectations. Instead it’s lead to a lot of confusion and more questions around accountability (is this Norris’ call? Doctors? Management? Your guess is as good as mine)

Reactions: Beukeboom Fan

KingAlfie11

Nov 3, 2021
That comment was made before Norris suffered a tweak and a subsequent set back.

Like I said there is an issue with processing all of the information as opposed to looking to find fault and place blame.

It’s easy to post an opinion and claim that it represents ‘the fanbase’ but I suspect that the broader fanbase doesn’t have these pressing concerns nor delves into things to create blame situations much at all. That’s an HF boards thing where the uber fans gather to speculate.

I personally find it embarrassing when I read posts from people who don’t have a medical background, and don’t have any internal information, making bold claims about medical matters.

But hey, Twitter is gonna Twitter, and when it’s all about placing blame, those with a bone to pick are going to ride that train regardless.
I agree message boards and social media are full of individuals who thinks they know more then everybody else, and often their opinions are bias and founded in speculations and gossip. There's no nuance anymore everything has to be black or white, everyone twist information to fit their own narratives.

Seanaconda

May 6, 2016
Come on @Ice-Tray you really think Norris tweaking something half-way through training camp while he starts the camp in non-contact jersey are completely isolated? None of this has smelled right and while I’m not a medical expert, I probably wouldn’t be out there spinning and proclaiming he would be ready. I honestly think just being more conservative with the message would help temper expectations. Instead it’s lead to a lot of confusion and more questions around accountability (is this Norris’ call? Doctors? Management? Your guess is as good as mine)
They may be hiding why he is out till they deal with pinto.

They have an illusion of maybe having an extra 6 mill or whatever Norris makes

RickyLafleur

Fall of Pierre
Oct 17, 2013
Ottawa, ON
Pickup. If you're getting slashed that hard in pick up, the guy running things needs to uninvite someone. I don't like idiots like that. I'm here for a skate and beer. Leave the stupidity at home.

Agree, not a fan but its just the way it is these days. Everyone plays very hard, and in HTBHL people play like their families are endangered. Stopped playing league because of the goonery and now I just play fridays nghts at the metropolitan bible church. You would think people would leave the stupidity at home, even at a church but it's still prevalent in pickup hockey. Unfortunely there is no organizer and its done solely by the church so you never know whos actually going to show up on any given week.

Reactions: DrEasy

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
Has there been confusion though? He and everyone else figured he’d be ready for pre season games, then he tweaked something and had a set back. It sucks but it’s not exactly unheard of that medical situations can change for the worse sometimes.

He has been practicing in a full contact jersey for a few weeks now, has been taking and initiating contact, taking draws, and is listed as day-to-day.

It’s not ideal for him, the team, or the fans that he hasn’t been able get to 100%, definitely frustrating for him and the team, but I don’t see why this has to be nefarious, medical mismanagement, or some kind of conspiracy to keep the public confused.

It is what it is, the guy suffered a setback that is bad enough to keep him out of games to start the year, but not bad enough to keep him from practicing with the team in a regular jersey.

They aren’t trying to game Pinto, the entire team is aware of Norris’ situation and have been the whole time since they are buds and spend every day together.

Joeyjoejoe

Dec 18, 2015
So if Norris is a week away and not LTIR worthy, where the f*** they gonna find the money to sign Pinto?

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
So if Norris is a week away and not LTIR worthy, where the f*** they gonna find the money to sign Pinto?
I would hope via a trade of either Joseph, Kubalik, or Brannstrom, the same way they always were planning on creating space.

ottawagm

May 6, 2023
They have 1.7M to sign him if Norris plays. If he wants more than that then he may have to wait until next year.

My feeling is they are only going to spend to move Joseph if he is willing to sign a longer term deal. They aren't going to pay a 1st just to be able to give Pinto another 300k for this year.

Reactions: DrEasy and bert

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
They have 1.7M to sign him if Norris plays. If he wants more than that then he may have to wait until next year.

My feeling is they are only going to spend to move Joseph if he is willing to sign a longer term deal. They aren't going to pay a 1st just to be able to give Pinto another 300k.
Edit: I'm incorrect

Reactions: bert

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Sens have 62k in cap, take away Chartier and they are at 825k.

They don't have 1.7 to sign him without trading a significant salary or going with an 11-6-2 roster

With Norris off IR while sending down Chartier and Greig it would give them 1.7M to sign Pinto and a 12-6-2 roster but that shouldn't be an option. A 20 man roster right up against the cap is not a solution. We have 21 (including Norris) now up against the cap and it's an issue.

Reactions: Sens of Anarchy

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad