Player Discussion Josh Norris (C) 6’-1” - Part 3

ottawagm

May 6, 2023
What was even the point of Pierre and his cronies gaslighting us about Norris being healthy all preseason long lol

Centre depth looking putrid all of a sudden
Probably trying to make a trade and wanted some leverage.

There were rumours that Ottawa was looking at JGP and Laughton this summer which didn't make sense initially, unless they thought Norris was going to be out a while.

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
It really isn't that difficult to just come out and say "He won't start the regular season due to not being cleared to play by his doctors, and we are unclear as to how long that will be." Instead we get more BS from Dorion about minor setbacks, tweaks and not being ready mentally lol. Obviously if he isn't medically cleared, none of that makes any sense.

Give me a break.

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
Too bad they didn't use this type of caution last year. Gross mismanagement of the player and injury. No Pinto or Norris to open the season. Inexcusable, fire Dorion now.
It is inexcusable. This is a case of the players doing their part and (mis)management getting in the way of success.

DylanSensFan

BEESHIP: NBH
Aug 3, 2010
Calgary
As I understand, Norris has had 2 surgeries on the same shoulder?

I'm no doctor here, but I get the impression there's a limited amount of times you can operate on the same area. I mean, just how much can you do to fix a shoulder? How much wiggle room is there?
The human body, especially at Norris' age, gives a lot of wiggle room. I am slightly concerned that he hasn't played yet, but also slightly baffled why he's in practice without a yellow jersey?

armani

High Jacques
Apr 8, 2005
Uranus
Lol wut. He skated with the team this morning and is cleared for contact in practice.

Heard the video was generated by AI putting Norris’ profile on Rourke Chartier. New Norris, old one may have been abducted by a UFO government is calling a balloon that was later identified as Bruce Garrioch.

Reactions: Korpse

Pinto Bean

Sep 13, 2009
Ottawa
No too late, Brady missed a week after he signed
You're probably right but man does it ever seem like they baby guys in these situations. I completely understand this is athletics at the highest level but in situations like Brady & Pinto where you have incredible athletes who are young and genetically high-level specimens even at the NHL level it just seems like they baby them so much.

There are elite hockey sessions all over North America in the summer where these guys have no doubt been training and would seemingly be able to play hockey for 15 minutes and not be a complete liability.

KingAlfie11

Nov 3, 2021
Doesn't seem to be a physical problem but a mental issue. Bottom line is something does not add up here. I got to say this is not a good look on Sens management.

Reactions: Icelevel

ottawagm

May 6, 2023
Probably need the doctors sign off to put a player on LTIR, vs. healthy but doesn't feel like playing yet.

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
This is truly a gut punch to the season. If Norris can't play 60 games, this team won't get a sniff of the playoffs. Let's hope he misses 10 here, open up some money for Pinto, and hopefully our vaunted defence (lol) can keep us in games with our Vezina level goaltending (lol).

Reactions: DrEasy

Alex The Loyal

Andlauer Appreciator
Dec 4, 2010
UK
Probably need the doctors sign off to put a player on LTIR, vs. healthy but doesn't feel like playing yet.
DJ fell over himself insisting today it was about not getting clearance from medical, and Norris being frustrated. It's physical.

vandelay

Nov 3, 2022
DJ must be sweating. Good chance he gets fired for a bad start even if he's missing 2 of top 3.

Emrasie

Mar 13, 2019
We know nothing other that Dorion doesn't know what to do and that he didn't anticipate anything. Bad management Pierre, once again. I don't like DJ as a coach but for now, he did his best, not sure i can say the same for Pierre.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
We know nothing other that Dorion doesn't know what to do and that he didn't anticipate anything. Bad management Pierre, once again. I don't like DJ as a coach but for now, he did his best, not sure i can say the same for Pierre.
g3a7.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad