Player Discussion Josh Norris (C) 6’-1” - Part 3

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
I have had surgery for a hernia too. Although I was nervous about it, I did not have any great fear that affected my wellbeing.

Having cancer is a serious issue that is life-threatening and would cause many people to have stress and possibly psychological issues. I have had to deal with cancer three times so far. Fortunately I have been able to get treatment that worked to address it. I am a bit stoic in personality so that helps.

Having shoulder surgery is also serious for a hockey player as it could end his career, which can be difficult to deal with too, particularly for a younger person who has not had to deal with much stress in life. I hope he gets the help he needs, whether psychological or otherwise.

OD99

Oct 13, 2012
poor people at the very bottom can't afford to take a day off because of mental health issues which are in part fueled by rising housing costs and inflation.

but someone can get paid 8 mill to play a kids game, and take mental health days and everyone will understand and emempathize.
These leaps are getting outrageous.

First, this is not a mental health issue, by any stretch. A player feeling uneasy about an injury is totally normal and even it wasn't, it still wouldn't be a mental health issue.

The season can't start soon enough as these discussions are going off the rails.

Ouroboros

There is no armour against Fate
Feb 3, 2008
Posted this in the Habs GDT, but figured it should be here as well...

It’s doubtful Josh Norris will suit up against the Habs because Smith says the second-line centre isn’t ready either physically or mentally to play after the second shoulder surgery of his career last February.
If Norris isn’t feeling 100 per cent, the Senators won’t take the risk of putting him in the lineup. He was on the ice Thursday in Winnipeg, before the game against the Jets, but there’s little chance we’ll see him against the Habs and being ready to play in Raleigh looks doubtful.

Don’t rule out the possibility of Norris starting the season on long-term injury reserve. If so, he’d have to miss either 10 games or 24 days before making his season debut.
Article

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
So Norris on LTIR. Sens sign Pinto to the 2x2.5 they had asked for ; Greig, Chartier, Kastelic are the 2,3,4 Cs to start on our Stanley cup team. A new formula for sure. Pinto will come back in bit ready or not, Stutzle will be injured from playing 25 + every night till Norris can clear, and Dorion doesn't have to trade Joseph and Boucher.... Saved . ....Yay.

Reactions: Cosmix

Agent Zuuuub

Jan 2, 2015
These leaps are getting outrageous.

First, this is not a mental health issue, by any stretch. A player feeling uneasy about an injury is totally normal and even it wasn't, it still wouldn't be a mental health issue.

The season can't start soon enough as these discussions are going off the rails.

im not saying Norris has mental health issues.

Reactions: OD99

Rodzilla

Aug 31, 2010
Canada
But he was ready to comeback last year with freaking scotch tape on his shoulder

Anyway, wish him the best. Without him and Pinto my hype is lower. Sucks, on paper its the best roster we’ve had in forever

KingAlfie11

Nov 3, 2021
So Norris on LTIR. Sens sign Pinto to the 2x2.5 they had asked for ; Greig, Chartier, Kastelic are the 2,3,4 Cs to start on our Stanley cup team. A new formula for sure. Pinto will come back in bit ready or not, Stutzle will be injured from playing 25 + every night till Norris can clear, and Dorion doesn't have to trade Joseph and Boucher.... Saved . ....Yay.
Are you alright my man? Everything is gonna be fine brother, you just need to take a deep breath. I don't stress about sports anymore, I just enjoy watching the games. We don't control how the team is run, so it's better just to go with the flow.

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
I had a hernia surgery last year - low risk and high success rate, relatively speaking, as far as surgeries go - and for months I kept thinking the incision would just open at any moment, despite the fact that there's literally no f***ing reason why that would happen. Your mind f***s with you when it comes to that kind of shit.
I had a large cyst removed from my back several years ago. There was 6 or 7 stitches in it to close the cut. I got the stitches removed maybe 10 days later. Driving home on Montreal Rd I leaned forward and felt that incision open up. Had to wheel it around, back to the Montfort, blood everywhere.... that f***s with my mind to this day...the feeling of that ripping open.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
I once injured myself partying
1696682725367.png

Schmautz11

Oct 5, 2007
One thing I have been unable to find out is if LTIR can carry over from seasons to season. Theoretically, Norris has been on LTIR since January and CapFriendly still has him there. That is more than 10 games and 24 days. So in that case, can he come off it at any time?

KingAlfie11

Nov 3, 2021
One thing I have been unable to find out is if LTIR can carry over from seasons to season. Theoretically, Norris has been on LTIR since January and CapFriendly still has him there. That is more than 10 games and 24 days. So in that case, can he come off it at any time?
I'm not sure but I think they have to stay 10 game or 24 days segment so it could 20 games or 48 day and then it's 30 games or 72 days etc...

BankStreetParade

Jan 22, 2013
Ottawa
I had a large cyst removed from my back several years ago. There was 6 or 7 stitches in it to close the cut. I got the stitches removed maybe 10 days later. Driving home on Montreal Rd I leaned forward and felt that incision open up. Had to wheel it around, back to the Montfort, blood everywhere.... that f***s with my mind to this day...the feeling of that ripping open.
Well that's terrible...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad