Player Discussion: Josh Ho-Sang

periferal

Jul 5, 2007
My only disappointment is that he wasn't traded at 2017 deadline or during 2017 summer, when his value was high. Even last year the Isles could have gotten a decent return. Now it's a 4-5 rounder at best.

Don't be disappointed. Most of the league passed on JHS in the draft and some teams had him off their draft lists altogether. Since then his value has only gone down and now it's at zero. When any team in the league can have you for free and they all pass...It's game over for you.

Bood12

Oct 12, 2016
No, we were not right, he didn't pan out, plain and simple.
ha a 23 year old prospect who has put up very respectable stats is already being seen as "not panning out", these are why the Ho-Sang supporters are right because those who do not like Ho-Sang for whatever reason are giving up on him when they would not give up on anyone else on such a small sample size especially if they have shown respectable stats in that small sample size

GrandmaSlices51631

Dec 12, 2013
Long Beach
ha a 23 year old prospect who has put up very respectable stats is already being seen as "not panning out", these are why the Ho-Sang supporters are right because those who do not like Ho-Sang for whatever reason are giving up on him when they would not give up on anyone else on such a small sample size especially if they have shown respectable stats in that small sample size

Ho-Sangs stats are ok , but nothing to write home about, especially for his age and reputation. If he was a PPG+ player in the AHL then maybe people could look past his "personality". He is not that, besides the point, the Islanders lack finishers, which again, he is not.

I wanted JHS to pan out as an Islander, I really did, but you have to respect Lou & Trotz - this isn't Snow & Capuano making the decision, these guys know how to evaluate players, ever hear the expression "as strong as your weakest link"? Well the system Trotz is employing requires 110% buy-in from everybody, you have someone who "doesn't think about defense before he goes to sleep at night" and all of a sudden the system does not achieve was it was designed to. In close scoring affairs all it takes is a stupid turnover to cost them valuable points.

Thats not considering the impact he'll have in the locker room, rarely do you hear teammates speak of him in an endearing fashion, I wonder why that is...

Costigan77

Oct 7, 2014
Manhasset, NY
Why don’t the rest of the league take a shot at him...for free?

steveat

Jun 4, 2011
I am taking it with a grain of salt that he wasn't picked off on waivers.

1. The team that takes him takes on an extra contract for nothing
2. The team that takes him needs to keep him on the team
3. If the team that pick JHS off waivers wants to send him down, he'd have to go through waivers again and the Isles get first dibs to take him back, so it's a waste of time.

This time of year is the best time to waive players. Teams are NOT ready to add more cost, contract or player.

Can we stop saying why JHS wasn't picked off of waivers because he is not good. If you've ever had your own business, you'd understand why these decisions are made.

Reactions: MJF

Bood12

Oct 12, 2016
Why don’t the rest of the league take a shot at him...for free?
Um cuz it is not free, and you would have to probably put one of your own roster players on waivers to get him, and I am guessing the rest of the league is not scouting him, just assuming Trotz and Lou is right and assume he is not worth doing that, for a late round pick I am sure there are teams who are going to take a chance on him

bstash19

Apr 8, 2012
long island
I can’t wait until he doesn’t get signed next year, doesn’t make another team and ends up in Europe. Enough with the guy. He’s not going to pan out.

Reactions: Costigan77

Seph

Sep 5, 2002
Oregon
Visit site
I am taking it with a grain of salt that he wasn't picked off on waivers.

1. The team that takes him takes on an extra contract for nothing
2. The team that takes him needs to keep him on the team
3. If the team that pick JHS off waivers wants to send him down, he'd have to go through waivers again and the Isles get first dibs to take him back, so it's a waste of time.

This time of year is the best time to waive players. Teams are NOT ready to add more cost, contract or player.

Can we stop saying why JHS wasn't picked off of waivers because he is not good. If you've ever had your own business, you'd understand why these decisions are made.
If teams truly believed he was a good player at the NHL level, these reasons wouldn't stop them from claiming him.

Last edited:

Islesfan22

Jan 15, 2013
Rockland
The excuses you people make for him are hilarious.

Is it that difficult to grasp the concept that no NHL team wants him?

Lol
Some people will defend Ho Sang no matter what. Geez even Schremp got claimed lol. When you make quite a few teams do not draft list more times then not those players do not pan out

Reactions: bigtim1988

BarzyClub

Jan 17, 2018
Watching the Toronto -Mtl intermission and Elliot Friedman just said that Josh would be willing to play in the AHL if/when he’s traded.

Hmm.. I wonder if he’d play in the A if he isn’t traded. I guess we’ll soon find out. He’d better , if he knows what’s good for him if he ever wants to get to the NHL.

Last edited:

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
Um cuz it is not free, and you would have to probably put one of your own roster players on waivers to get him, and I am guessing the rest of the league is not scouting him, just assuming Trotz and Lou is right and assume he is not worth doing that, for a late round pick I am sure there are teams who are going to take a chance on him

Do you honestly believe NHL clubs do the bolded? Don't actually scout players and just take the word of the GM/coach of their current teams?

"Hey Lou, divisional rival GM here. I'm looking to bolster my team's chances of beating your team out for a playoff spot. Do you recommend anyone in your system I should look at? Haven't bothered to watch any of your players or prospects play, so I'd appreciate you steering me in the right direction here."

Really?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad