Around the League Thread | The one where Florida blows it…?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

credulous

Nov 18, 2021
Nothing has changed for him and the jets. He opted to return to Michigan. Unless he changes his mind what is there to talk about? Really for these ncaa kids have to ask whether they are prepared to play in the ahl should they not make the roster. Because it’s realistically nicer in terms of travel and facilities at Michigan than at pretty much any ahl team.

michigan is nicer than most nhl programs (including winnipeg)

aquaweenie

Feb 23, 2024
I’ll make it as plain and simple as I can

There is nothing more important for canucks fans than an Oilers loss on Monday.

2 reasons why:

1) we will never hear the end of it, just like this city of champions shit and the Gretz Messier shit. Nauseating.

2) the NHL won’t allow another Canadian team to win for some time of Edmonton bags it. I wouldn’t be surprised to see us go 10+ before another Canadian team wins it.

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008

Man conroy has a good mind, talks well also, loved this interview

the big nobody

Jun 4, 2024
New West, BC
Nothing has changed for him and the jets. He opted to return to Michigan. Unless he changes his mind what is there to talk about? Really for these ncaa kids have to ask whether they are prepared to play in the ahl should they not make the roster. Because it’s realistically nicer in terms of travel and facilities at Michigan than at pretty much any ahl team.
You can't sit there and expect me to believe 'Rutger McGroarty' is a real name that belongs to a real person. That's the name of a cartoon character.

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC

2 reasons why:

1) we will never hear the end of it, just like this city of champions shit and the Gretz Messier shit. Nauseating.

2) the NHL won’t allow another Canadian team to win for some time of Edmonton bags it. I wouldn’t be surprised to see us go 10+ before another Canadian team wins it.

Oilers fans, the ones who don't start shit and are actually level headed, are good ones. I know an Oiler fan personally and he's enjoying the run. He won't step into Edmonton again though, there's too much personal baggage there for him to return.

This might be a good thing if more Canadian teams start to 'win', who knows.

aquaweenie

Feb 23, 2024
Oilers fans, the ones who don't start shit and are actually level headed, are good ones. I know an Oiler fan personally and he's enjoying the run. He won't step into Edmonton again though, there's too much personal baggage there for him to return.

I completely disagree with you. Nothing, literally nothing worse than Edmonton expats cheering on the oilers in vancouver. Please go back.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC

I’ve only had one instance in my life - which I recounted here - where I met a fan of any other team in person, and that person acted insane. The fans I meet in person are all great and we can usually have good dialogue about our shared passion for the sport and opinions on each other’s teams. And yes, I have friends and colleagues who are Oilers fans and while I can’t bring myself to cheer for the Oilers, I certainly don’t rain on their parade for doing so - any more than they would were the situations reversed.

The internet is a different beast entirely. It is dark and full of terrors.

Reactions: BimJenning

bandwagonesque

I eat Kraft Dinner and I vote
Mar 5, 2014

2 reasons why:

Bragging about the accomplishments of a hockey team really doesn't make any more sense that bragging about having a more successful accounting firm in your city. Yeah, it's easy to say when the team and fanbase you're supposed to hate wins the cup, but that's exactly the moment when it becomes clear. At this point I'm supposed to be worried a group of people I'll never meet are going to make fun of me for an event over which I had no control.

Soups On

Apr 27, 2012
I’ve only had one instance in my life - which I recounted here - where I met a fan of any other team in person, and that person acted insane. The fans I meet in person are all great and we can usually have good dialogue about our shared passion for the sport and opinions on each other’s teams. And yes, I have friends and colleagues who are Oilers fans and while I can’t bring myself to cheer for the Oilers, I certainly don’t rain on their parade for doing so - any more than they would were the situations reversed.

The internet is wild. Yeah, you get some weird and overtly obsessive people on HFBoards but then you get to Twitter. My god, now that is absolute brain rot.

As for the Oilers and Florida finals - it's a compelling story either way. A couple of my really close friends are Oilers fans and I'm more cheering for their happiness than the Oil themselves. If they lose, I'll be sad for them, but I'm coming on here afterwards and shit talking the Oilers all night lmao

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC

The only person I feel bad for on Florida is Luongo, guy can't catch a break.

Reactions: Mr. Canucklehead

Aphid Attraction

Jan 17, 2013
Absolutely amazing series, playoff run, and season as a whole.

Didn’t the oilers loose 4 in a row to start the season? And they could win 4 in a row to end it. They overcame the Canucks who had there number all year since game 1 of the season.

And the reverse choke in the scf will be a fairy tale finish.

If you are a fan thats going to hate on the oilers for whatever reasons you have (and we all know at some level blind hatred is related to self righteousness) the oilers winning is going to be horrible for you, because there are going to be docos about this for decades.

I happen to believe that once one Canadian team finally gets a cup again then there will be more to follow for other Canadian teams. Just one of those sports things.

(That said, any oilers fans that use the we have a cup thing for the next 50 years is a dick)

(And lastly, get to the playoffs and anything can happen lol)

Reactions: David71

HockeyWooot

Jan 28, 2020
Florida's D is Forsling-Ekblad, Mikkola-Montour, OEL-Kulikov. Forsling is good but I think it's finally showing that, individually, these are not the best players making up this D group.

We crap on the Oilers D group for a long time, but with Bouchard stepping up, it's not a stretch to consider the Oilers actually having the better D group in this series.

I know Barkov is good defensively, but I can also understand how McDavids been eating them alive after a couple games to get adjusted. Doesn't help that Barkov also took that huge hit that seem to have turned the tide in the series. Still can't believe Draisaitl didn't miss a single game for that flying elbow. Probably the biggest flying elbow in the playoff since Bure in 94.
That flying elbow was Draisaitl’s most significant contribution to the series. Barkov hasn’t looked the same since.

God

Free Citizen
Apr 2, 2007
Vancouver

2 reasons why:

a month ago i would've agreed with you but as far as i'm concerned the season is already over and i do not care. the euros are on.

zadorov was right when he said hockey is the only thing edmonton has going for it. it's actually a little pathetic when you think about it. the only thing i'll get out of it is having fun trolling on twitter by saying "i'm not voting for justin trudeau because the edmonton oilers won a cup under his reign and this wouldn't have happend under any other prime minister".

HairyKneel

Jun 5, 2023
What is this discussion about?
It's about you getting caved again.

You need to learn to take a knee but suspect they don't make pads big enough when someone gets fed that often.
Ah. You are actually trying to defend Millers season.

Guess that is one hill you can choose to die on...

Maybe he is.

Or everything just went our way this year.
You've been consistently wrong about Miller. At some point you need to let it go.

It was a good team. You should watch them more often.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad