Around the League Thread | The one where Florida blows it…?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

MarkusNaslund19

Dec 28, 2005
Pettersson had 1 goal in 13 games, and let this happen. I will never forgive him until this team wins a Cup of our own.
Lol. I'm sure your lack of forgiveness troubles him greatly.

I'm sure he wasn't trying his best and working through injury and low confidence. He just needed to 'care' more, and would have if he'd known that your forgiveness was hanging in the balance.

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011
Also...Duncan Keith gave a speech to the Oilers prior to Game 4.

He will get credit for any comeback.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: quat and dez

Wry n Ginger

Water which is too pure has no fish
Sep 15, 2010
Victoria
Inside my brain "f*** the oilers...f*** them hard...f*** them deep...f*** them all the way to hell...".

My conversations with fair-weather Oilers fans at work so they can't gloat like the piece of shit gifted-with-McJesus-pathetic franchise that they are", I just hope both teams have fun...

garbageteam

Jan 7, 2010
I don't even know why this fanbase or this forum dislikes this version of the Oilers. We didn't have a bad series against them. They've got the NHL's franchise player. Edmonton is the little city in Canada that gets kicked on by the others, it's like Calgary's ugly cousin. And if they win the cup, well, we took the champions to within 1 goal of a 7th game.

Now if the Leafs were in the finals, f***'em, absolutely f***'em. But I've wished no ill-will against the Oilers now and at this point you really just gotta admire their pluck coming back down 3-0.

Plus I don't want to see yet another team leave the hapless Canucks in a dwindling list of "teams that have never won a cup". So f*** the panthers.

valkynax

The LEEDAR
Sponsor
May 19, 2011
Burnaby

I'm sure he wasn't trying his best and working through injury and low confidence. He just needed to 'care' more, and would have if he'd known that your forgiveness was hanging in the balance.

I think it's a combination of both. Injury affected to a degree, and he himself also played sub par, plus potential attitude problem.

To me he still got time to work things out, and I think he will - unless he really admires that idiot PLD. Pete is not a dumbass, he knows that next season any limp dick performance will immediately become the focal point, as he will be a 11m player, and is expected to play as such.

PuckMunchkin

Very Nice, Very Evil!
Dec 13, 2006
Lapland
I think it's a combination of both. Injury affected to a degree, and he himself also played sub par, plus potential attitude problem.

To me he still got time to work things out, and I think he will - unless he really admires that idiot PLD. Pete is not a dumbass, he knows that next season any limp dick performance will immediately become the focal point, as he will be a 11m player, and is expected to play as such.
People forgot how shit Miller was last year in about 30 seconds.

Does not take much.

• Love
Reactions: Indiana

Tinhorn1

Aug 7, 2007
So in these playoffs, they've allowed 4 goals while shorthanded and scored 3.

At -1, they're almost net neutral on the penalty kill, while having the best PP in the league.

I never wanna hear about PDO again.
Didn't the Canucks score like three of those? Everyone was bemoaning the Canucks powerplay, but it actually did better than anyone else's against that Oilers PK.

• Love
Reactions: Indiana and dez

DS7

Oct 9, 2013
Vancouver, BC

If anything I feel bad for Demko. He was dialed in and ready to go deep with us and reinjures himself 40 secs left in game 1.

Hope Toch doesn't overuse him next season now that we have silovs

sting101

Feb 8, 2012

Does not take much.
A little easier when your team sucks your coach has no system its the start of the year and it's the first time vs playing on a 1st place team with the Jack Adams winning Coach a good chance to win a cup and it's the 2nd time he's looked like shit.

Jyrki

Benning has been purged! VANmen!
May 24, 2011
溫哥華
What's most interesting about the Oilers' performance is how spread out the TOI and scoring was... RNH was actually the forward that played the most at 19 minutes, McDavid logged 20 seconds less. Only Perry and Ryan were kept at under 10 minutes, the next lowest was Holloway at 12. Foegele was the only player to have more than a point even though there were 5 goals and McDavid didn't score on any of them.

So they'll be headed into G7 knowing they don't need McJesus performances to comfortably win. Hard to not have confidence.

CanucksSayEh

Apr 6, 2012
Is it a horrible idea for me to take out a bet on Edmonton winning Game 7?

Bet something like 5k on them to win. Payout is pretty close to 1:1. So if they win I will take home 5k profit.

If they lose, I'm out 5k but at least they didn't win the Cup.
Don't put yourself in a position to be happy about an Oilers win. We must get through the pain together. We are all Canucks.

Spectrefire

Jan 3, 2013
panthers.jpg

DarrenX

Apr 15, 2014
Plus I don't want to see yet another team leave the hapless Canucks in a dwindling list of "teams that have never won a cup". So f*** the panthers.
Would be nice to have company in the "3 trips to the final, never won the cup" club.

Jerry the great

Jul 8, 2022

Does not take much.
Miller sucked (he was not alone) during the Boudreau circus portion of the season, but as soon as Tocchet arrived and implemented his system, where accountability existed (for everyone), he was outstanding. In that same system this year he was our best forward by a mile.

PuckMunchkin

Very Nice, Very Evil!
Dec 13, 2006
Lapland
Miller sucked (he was not alone) during the Boudreau circus portion of the season, but as soon as Tocchet arrived and implemented his system, where accountability existed (for everyone), he was outstanding. In that same system this year he was our best forward by a mile.
These are some of the things that happened.

But he certainly was on a special level of sucking and it looked very much on purpose.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad