Around the League Thread | The one where Florida blows it…?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

archangel2

May 19, 2019
how the hell are the oilers taken this to game 7? After the 1st 3 games I had them dead in the water

Svencouver

Apr 8, 2015
Vancouver
1719029542450.png

CanucksSayEh

Apr 6, 2012
Pettersson had 1 goal in 13 games, and let this happen. I will never forgive him until this team wins a Cup of our own.
Getting bullied by an opposing teams goal celebration will be his legacy if he doesn't lift one.

Easiest player in the league to play against. Beer league battle and work ethic.

Reactions: AzNightmare

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
If they are being compared to the 2012 kings it’s the Oilers cup to lose here.

But as someone said I at least hope it’s an intense game going to OT.

Yeah, gimme a wild Game 7. Something like Game 5 where both teams traded opportunities and it was close at the end. I don’t want a one sided blowout.

sandwichbird2023

Aug 4, 2004
Florida's D is Forsling-Ekblad, Mikkola-Montour, OEL-Kulikov. Forsling is good but I think it's finally showing that, individually, these are not the best players making up this D group.

We crap on the Oilers D group for a long time, but with Bouchard stepping up, it's not a stretch to consider the Oilers actually having the better D group in this series.

I know Barkov is good defensively, but I can also understand how McDavids been eating them alive after a couple games to get adjusted. Doesn't help that Barkov also took that huge hit that seem to have turned the tide in the series. Still can't believe Draisaitl didn't miss a single game for that flying elbow. Probably the biggest flying elbow in the playoff since Bure in 94.

tradervik

Hear no evil, see no evil, complain about it
Sponsor
Jun 25, 2007
I have to confess I was “cheering” for the Oilers to start the finals and I demonstrated my commitment by not watching any of the first four games. Indeed by the time Florida went up 3-0, I was cheering for the Panthers to put an end to the ridiculousness of hockey in late June. However, now that we are on the verge of witnessing hockey history if the Panthers choke away the series, I’m back on the Oil wagon (or at least trailing a couple blocks behind in my trusty sedan), which means we’ll see the “reverse choke” as Florida musters the will to take the final game in the sweltering heat and humidity of summer in southern Florida.

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011
Yeah, gimme a wild Game 7. Something like Game 5 where both teams traded opportunities and it was close at the end. I don’t want a one sided blowout.
Nothing I've seen the past 3 games supports any sort of close game. We will probably see the Oilers get the first 3 goals before Florida scores 1 but fails to get anything done the rest of the way.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
It's hard to believe that Florida risks being only the second team in NHL hsitory to lose in the Stanley Cup Final after taking a 3-0 series lead.

I don't know what it is about Paul Maurice coached teams. He's been one of the most successful NHL coaches of his era......but in the end his teams always seem to choke when it matters most. And the odds are now down to 50/50 that it happens yet again.

Reactions: Indiana

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011
Being outscored 18 to 5 the past 3 games is totally nuts.

We were outscored 13 to 3 in the final 4 games of 2011 but somehow managed to win one.

Reactions: Indiana

SillyRabbit

Trix Are For Kids
Jan 3, 2006
If they are being compared to the 2012 kings it’s the Oilers cup to lose here.

But as someone said I at least hope it’s an intense game going to OT.

So in these playoffs, they've allowed 4 goals while shorthanded and scored 3.

At -1, they're almost net neutral on the penalty kill, while having the best PP in the league.

I never wanna hear about PDO again.

Reactions: quat and tradervik
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad