Player Discussion: Josh Ho-Sang

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
Imagine if your average working stiff had that kind of incentive at their job. Perform at a high level and you will receive a 1,100% raise. LOL. I'd be pretty motivated...
If I knew I had 4 games to catch the staff’s eyes I would make sure I didn’t have even 1 bad game.

13th Floor

Oct 10, 2008
The Islanders bent over backwards waiting for Ho-Sang to develop. Even QO’d him this summer instead of telling him to take a hike. Gave him a carrot on a stick contract of $70,000 in the AHL and $864,000 to make it to the show and he still couldn’t bring his A game every night. Ho-Sang dicked himself.

You got some view of things bruh.

Imagine going through life with such blissful ignorance. It's like a flat earther. Despite mounds and mounds of evidence against you, people using logic and reason to calmly walk you through the facts, and the vast majority of people constantly disagreeing with you, you are still steadfast in your beliefs. I'm kind of jealous.

There must be some kind of peace found with not having to make any sense. For example, I don't believe in the color blue any more. You can't convince me otherwise. You just work for the blue Illuminati and are out to get me.

Rehabguy

Always open minded
Oct 2, 2011
I think the kid realizes at this point in time he just doesn't fit into Trot's and Lou's game plan and wants to have a chance to play anywhere. Like Lou said, he did nothing wrong and as Trotz said he had his best camp but right now there is not a spot for him on the roster. I wish the kid well wherever he ends up and I think he will be a good pickup for any team lucky enough to land his talents. He will be fine.

Reactions: Quicklime and SI90

Isles Fan

Sep 12, 2006
Wait....so let me understand this correctly...…….

No one claimed him on waivers, yet his agent believes there might be someone willing to trade for him? WOW, his agent is a dumb as Ho Sang.

If they get more than a bag of practice pucks for him, I'll be shocked.

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
Imagine going through life with such blissful ignorance. It's like a flat earther. Despite mounds and mounds of evidence against you, people using logic and reason to calmly walk you through the facts, and the vast majority of people constantly disagreeing with you, you are still steadfast in your beliefs. I'm kind of jealous.

There must be some kind of peace found with not having to make any sense. For example, I don't believe in the color blue any more. You can't convince me otherwise. You just work for the blue Illuminati and are out to get me.
That's deep.:bow:

Rehabguy

Always open minded
Oct 2, 2011
Has there ever been a case where there was a player who was left unclaimed after waivers, requested to be traded and no one wanted him there either but still ended up having a good career on the team he initially requested to be traded from? Basically what are this kid's chances now to have NHL career on the Isles? If he eventually reports back the BP and has a stellar season, do the Isles still call him up after all this?

aronjudge11

Jul 2, 2017
Isles won't be angry he asked for a trade. They won't take or personal because they know he's put in his time since juniors. Why his agent thinks a team may want him now, rather than a few days ago I don't know. There has to be a reason for that. I'd be shocked if he hasn't asked for a trade several times in the last few years. If he stays in the AHL he's going to make half the salary of a long island public school gym teacher this year. I know a few that made 130 that was 15 years ago. He needs to find a job in Europe playing hockey and making a living wage

kliq

Dec 17, 2017

No one claimed him on waivers, yet his agent believes there might be someone willing to trade for him? WOW, his agent is a dumb as Ho Sang.

All it takes is one team that had something change. For example, Edmonton just put Larrson on LTIR opening up a roster spot. Maybe they offer a conditional draft pick like the Wings did for McCollum a few years back (ie. they got him for free).

SI

Feb 16, 2013

If a team claimed him, then they had to include him on the NHL roster, but now an NHL maybe more willing to explore trade, because he has already cleared waivers- make sense? You don’t want to claim it trade for a player to only lose him to waivers, but if he already passed waivers an acquiring team can stash him in the AHL.

ALSO -

Teams have 50 player max contract and a Cap to contend with - so a team looking to add Ho-Sang wants to give a player back versus a pick .

I hope Lou is exploring trades for Virtanen, Sprong, or Puljaarvi.

LeapOnOver

Mackenzie is a hack!
Jan 23, 2011
Iksan, S. Korea
www.leaponover.com
If a team claimed him, then they had to include him on the NHL roster, but now an NHL maybe more willing to explore trade, because he has already cleared waivers- make sense? You don’t want to claim it trade for a player to only lose him to waivers, but if he already passed waivers an acquiring team can stash him in the AHL.

ALSO -

Teams have 50 player max contract and a Cap to contend with - so a team looking to add Ho-Sang wants to give a player back versus a pick .

I hope Lou is exploring trades for Virtanen, Sprong, or Puljaarvi.

Should just do it for Sonny Milano so the kid is closer for his court dates, lol.

BelovedIsles

Oct 22, 2005
Isles won't be angry he asked for a trade. They won't take or personal because they know he's put in his time since juniors. Why his agent thinks a team may want him now, rather than a few days ago I don't know. There has to be a reason for that. I'd be shocked if he hasn't asked for a trade several times in the last few years. If he stays in the AHL he's going to make half the salary of a long island public school gym teacher this year. I know a few that made 130 that was 15 years ago. He needs to find a job in Europe playing hockey and making a living wage

Are you familiar w the poster bood12?

IslesNorway

Apr 9, 2007
Nittedal, Norway
The Islanders will have to take a contract back. Who it'll be is actually a little interesting because there were some decent players put through waivers recently. Sprong might fit the Isles need, Goldobin? Even Baertschi if they can work around the differences in contract value.

I for one hope we get someone we can actually use, not an ECHLer to make up the numbers.

Hunn

Feb 23, 2017
My only disappointment is that he wasn't traded at 2017 deadline or during 2017 summer, when his value was high. Even last year the Isles could have gotten a decent return. Now it's a 4-5 rounder at best.

Strummergas

Regular User
Sep 3, 2006
Queens, NY
I'll be surprised if they get anything for him, because at this stage of the game, the Isles would have to take a contract back. If it were later in the season, we could probably get a pick back, even if it were a late rounder.

I think they let him out of his deal, or he has to suck it up and just report to Bridgeport.

Konk

Mar 11, 2008

I bet he thinks he would've won a Hart by now with another team. :laugh:

Hi ImHFNYR

Jan 10, 2013
Wherever I'm standing atm

The internet connects to some very...special... personalities. Every fandom on hf seems to have at least ONE of those types.

nyisles

Apr 4, 2006
Western Suffolk
Because nobody will ever admit they were wrong in a social media argument. They’d rather dig themselves in deeper.
Shit, I think most of us here have no problem admitting we were wrong about JHS... most of us. I was on that train for like 4 years, waiting and waiting for him to shake off whatever was holding him back and start lighting up the league. Sooner or later you gotta know when to cut bait and drop the "everyone's out to get him" narrative.

Reactions: YearlyLottery

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
****, I think most of us here have no problem admitting we were wrong about JHS... most of us. I was on that train for like 4 years, waiting and waiting for him to shake off whatever was holding him back and start lighting up the league. Sooner or later you gotta know when to cut bait and drop the "everyone's out to get him" narrative.
So was I. Still wish he’d done better because the only guy on our team who skates like Ho-Sang is Barzal. Would have been nice to have threats like that on 2 lines, but Ho-Sang doesn’t have the consistency in his game to bring it night after night. Heck, Barzy was kind of a project last season (remember the 3rd period benchings b/c Trotz caught freelancing a few times) and he wasn’t interested in taking on another project for a 3rd liner.

Reactions: PK Cronin

Islanders4Cups

May 4, 2002
Boston, MA USA
If anyone was wrong about JHS it was me.
Thought he would make it on the team this season
Thought they were holding a spot open for him to take it.

Not to be.

Rehabguy

Always open minded
Oct 2, 2011
If anyone was wrong about JHS it was me.
Thought he would make it on the team this season
Thought they were holding a spot open for him to take it.

Not to be.
The sad thing is that most of us Ho Sang believers ARE right, but we're stuck with that old Geezer who makes all the decisions... sigh.

Reactions: Bood12

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad