Value of: Josh Anderson

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
You need to hear it again...

Yzerman quote when the Blue Jackets upset Tampa a few years back... "We had no answers for Anderson".

So he was sort of ok in one series a few years ago....? Cool, I guess?

Again, production wise, he is a ghost. 14 points in 43 playoff games is way too low for a forward making 5.5 on his cap hit.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
So he was sort of ok in one series a few years ago....? Cool, I guess?

Again, production wise, he is a ghost. 14 points in 43 playoff games is way too low for a forward making 5.5 on his cap hit.

He was OK for the Habs last year too. You put Anderson in Wilson's spot and you will see the production you are looking for.

List the best centers Anderson has played with in his career so far?

You continue to fail in context cause you are stat checking. Admit it, you have not watched Anderson play 10 full games over the last 3 years or more.

Reactions: viceroy

MakeTheGoalsLarger

Dec 9, 2011
Antarctica
He produces when he's all excited in the first few games of a season, playoffs or after a break.

His skillset doesn't allow him to have a sustained success.

I would trade him if possible.

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
He was OK for the Habs last year too. You put Anderson in Wilson's spot and you will see the production you are looking for.

List the best centers Anderson has played with in his career so far?

You continue to fail in context cause you are stat checking. Admit it, you have not watched Anderson play 10 full games over the last 3 years or more.

Lol, I've watched him plenty.

14 points. 43 games. That doesn't cut it for a guy of his skillset and not what you want from someone making his caphit. You can make all the excuses you want but to date, he has been a ghost production wise in the playoffs.

Habs 4 Life

No Excuses
Mar 30, 2005
Montreal

14 points. 43 games. That doesn't cut it for a guy of his skillset and not what you want from someone making his caphit. You can make all the excuses you want but to date, he has been a ghost production wise in the playoffs.

With that logic the bruins should have let Hall walk after last year's disappointing playoffs with his 5pts despite his skillset....

Reactions: Habs Halifax

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast

The points is not the entire story. Watch more closely cause guys like this are difficult to contain even if they are not putting up the points. He's not a readily available type and the Habs are glad to have him for that AAV and term.

The Devilish Buffoon

Dec 24, 2018
I personally find the "The team is a dumpster fire! Every player is a pile of hot garbage and has negative value" logic amusing

If only Anderson was a bit better, maybe Pacquette, Dauphin, Pezzetta, Kulak, Wideman, and the other 7 or 8 fringe players on the roster would be able to shine ;)

Reactions: Spearmint Rhino

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
No way we trade him. None.

He's doing wonders for our future in Suzuki and Caufield, and is the perfect candidate to be our Captain. He's not crazy expensive, he's a Habs fan, and he appears to be happy here.
This is my impression too. Whenever I watch the Habs Anderson looks to be their leader. Seems like the ideal guy for them to hold on to while they re-tool and while the young players develop. I’d be floored if they trade him. I also think Gorton will be more sensitive to lockerroom chemistry following what happened in NY.

Reactions: Eco

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ
You need to hear it again... Yzerman quote when the Blue Jackets upset Tampa a few years back... "We had no answers for Anderson".

Stats don't reveal the full picture in context and just admit it, you don't watch Habs games. I don't expect a Bruins fans to give any credit to anything the Habs have so there is that too.

I don't care about your "Ghost" narrative in the playoffs. The same BS was said about Patch when we were trying to trade him. You fail in context cause you are stat checking

I for one love to make my decisions off a 4 game sample.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
"Anderson has negative value"

Everytime i need a good laugh, HF is my place to go.
To be fair, I don't think he has negative value; calling that an "absurd overreaction" would be putting it mildly. ;) I think trading him is just not a good idea because folks are going to flinch at his contract term and that's going to bring down any potential return for Montreal.

* * *​
I personally find the "The team is a dumpster fire! Every player is a pile of hot garbage and has negative value" logic amusing
Oh, those are always fun. "Everyone on your team sucks, therefore give us this one particular guy for this bargain basement price because um becuase we're being totally generous like that and we actually feel bad for you and want to do you this tremendous favor no really just take the deal g-ddamnit".

Reactions: habsfan44

elitepete

Jan 30, 2017
Vancouver
We are keeping him and both Hughes and MSL have spoken to the value he has for us moving forward. Only a select few fans in our herd want to trade Anderson but they are a minority
Habs already got a good return for Toffoli, and they have enough guys that they can get picks for like Petry (with retention), Chiarot, Kulak, Allen, and maybe even some late picks for guys like Pacquette and Perrault. There's no need to trade someone like Anderson or Lehkonen who are still in their mid 20's, unless someone overpays.

Reactions: egelband

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Habs already got a good return for Toffoli, and they have enough guys that they can get picks for like Petry (with retention), Chiarot, Kulak, Allen, and maybe even some late picks for guys like Pacquette and Perrault. There's no need to trade someone like Anderson or Lehkonen who are still in their mid 20's, unless someone overpays.

I'd trade Lehkonen if the offer was solid. But totally agree on Anderson. He's not going anywhere.

Reactions: elitepete

bleuetbio

Registered luser
Nov 13, 2008
Montreal
I doubt that he will be on the trading block. Having a late 1st for him wouldnt be a win at all for the Habs. He's the kind of player that you'll ever wonder why he dont have better numbers.

That said, I believe if Hughes a young high touted puckmover dman for him, you have to take the deal.

Last edited:

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
With that logic the bruins should have let Hall walk after last year's disappointing playoffs with his 5pts despite his skillset....

Hall has 17 points in 25 playoff games. Not barn burning numbers and less than what you want an elite talent to perform at but he's still done more in less time than Anderson.

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
The points is not the entire story. Watch more closely cause guys like this are difficult to contain even if they are not putting up the points. He's not a readily available type and the Habs are glad to have him for that AAV and term.

For 5.5, I want more out of my power forward than difficult to contain. I want actual results.

2020 Cup Champions

Formerly Sila v Kucherove
Nov 26, 2013
I'd take him on the Bolts in a heartbeat but it'd be hard to conceive of a way we could take him without making the team worse given the contracts we're carrying.

HabsAddict

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
You won't get the right value with Anderson on HF boards. Signed through prime years and a type of forward that is not readily available. Most Habs fans including our management are not shopping Anderson. MSL said it himself, he wants the Caufield / Suzuki / Anderson line to stick for a long time.

Anderson is not consistent but he has different levels to this game he has proven to play at. You can clearly see the difference with him playing under MSL and with Suzuki and Caufield in recent games. And this big body that can skate and shoot the puck is a valuable asset in the playoffs.

First and last post I will make in this thread. It won't give you the true value on Anderson IMO.

We have been looking for a power forward and a keeper. Who cares about the "valuation" on an internet hockey board.

aresknights

Dec 27, 2009
london
You won't get the right value with Anderson on HF boards. Signed through prime years and a type of forward that is not readily available. Most Habs fans including our management are not shopping Anderson. MSL said it himself, he wants the Caufield / Suzuki / Anderson line to stick for a long time.

Anderson is not consistent but he has different levels to this game he has proven to play at. You can clearly see the difference with him playing under MSL and with Suzuki and Caufield in recent games. And this big body that can skate and shoot the puck is a valuable asset in the playoffs.

First and last post I will make in this thread. It won't give you the true value on Anderson IMO.

Exactly

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad