Value of: Josh Anderson

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
Took us 25 years since we traded LeClair to have a power forward who can score and countless wasted draft picks trying to find it, he’s about as untouchable as you get on Montreal
Only problem is the team is the worst it's been historically as well with no real end in sight with all the holes at C, D, G. Rather have a shot at improving team with a monster return for Anderson while he's in prime.

Spearmint Rhino

Sep 17, 2013
Only problem is the team is the worst it's been historically as well with no real end in sight with all the holes at C, D, G. Rather have a shot at improving team with a monster return for Anderson while he's in prime.
If it’s a monster return obviously you listen but for me I’d be looking at players like a Byram or Dobson as part of the return to move the needle which probably isn’t happening

General Fanager

Feb 2, 2010
Chambly, Qc
Because he plays better with Sid than he has with anyone this season and if you looked at the Pens past the record you'd see the depth scoring isn't as strong as it could be. When a player is having confidence issues but is still playing hard and he looked good with a line mate, you put him back there and let him get back to it. Not beat him down. Kap has been struggling but he's put up decent stats given that.

I could say the same for me and I haven't skated in 10 years. Anyone will look better with Sid.

Anderson has been an important piece and one likely to play a big part of the future. Any deal for him will have to make The Habs socks roll up and down.......

Habby4Life

Nov 12, 2008
I could say the same for me and I haven't skated in 10 years. Anyone will look better with Sid.

Anderson has been an important piece and one likely to play a big part of the future. Any deal for him will have to make The Habs socks roll up and down.......

he isn't going anywhere. Some team would have to massively overpay!

Honour Over Glory

Sully-Quinn: Idiots Squared
Jan 30, 2012

No you can't. If you think that sad excuse is still apt today then you really need to watch some Pens games and figure out how wrong you are.

Honour Over Glory

Jan 30, 2012
Then maybe you can explain it to me , leaving out the hyperbolic top four stud stuff while keeping in mind that we don't have a Crosby on our roster to help Kapanen to figure it out .

That's the situation on the Pens. He has fit with Sid but hasn't been able to find chemistry with Geno like last season, Kapanen is just snake bit but he has the same amount of Points as Anderson but snake bitten big time, he isn't shooting as much and confidence is a hell of a thing, Rodrigues had loads of it to start the first 25-30 games and was doing things only confidence could help with, now he's not shooting on instinct, he's holding the puck a second or two, too long. As for POJ, you get we have Dumoulin, Matheson and Pettersson right? Even right now Friedman only is in because of his experience. POJ should be getting those games but he's a lot like Pettersson with better offensive upside.

I had no idea your Habs had such an amazing defense that POJ wouldn't even be needed. Also that Anderson would need an over payment.

Good times as usual with Habs fans. But yeah definitely a no from the Habs. Got it. Don't need more bad takes of zero understanding of the situation and old excuses of Sid being great with everyone (one of the worst myths on this board).

Brixton

Jul 16, 2021
Cancer culture is at play on these boards. Way too many posters with belittle and devalue attempts talking like they are absolute facts where they are guess type opinions that may or may not be true as time moves forward.

In terms of Chiarot, I like to put myself in the other teams shoes and I probably do not trade a 1st. If I was a legit contender (like Tampa), I would be more willing to dig into futures to ensure all the holes are addressed for another cup run but fringe playoff teams that might loose in the 1st round or 2nd, I would steer clear of trading valuable futures like that.

In terms of Anderson. Even some in our own fan base are undervaluing him. He's a keeper in my books.
Cancer culture comments from the same guy who tries to spread deflamation of character comments about a NHL player cause his team got spanked. Not to mention his favorite dman Chiarot was on the ice for 4 of those 8 goals. Notice they were all scored by attacking the spot where Chiarot was suppose to be. (But for some reason he was out of place and the scorers scored untouched…but hey some contender want him out there to play 23 minutes a night) I guess the Jets knew the weak point to attack…I guess watching him get beat for all those years didn’t go to waste.

but back to the cancer culture…remember this

Pot meet the Kettle.

I used to be a Scheifele fan but his attitude and actions after that dangerous charging hit changed my opinion on him. Zero class and certainly not a humbled type. This type of attitude will catch up with him.
way, I would feel the same.

Something off about Scheifele. Look like he was on drugs or uppers in that game too. Clearly trying to play at his best and at a high level but his eyes were demon like :laugh:

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
If that's all you can see maybe you're a bit high . He played under Torts' on the third line , had a ruined season because of shoulder injury/surgery , then two covid shortened seasons but you want to pretend that none of this factored into his production . 20+ goals 20+ assists and 40+ points isn't an unreasonable expectation in a full season for a player like Anderson , add in intangibles like size and speed and how he uses it to cause turnovers and strike fear into opposing defensemen and he's easily worth his contract , both money and term .

He's 27. Most NHL forwards have hit their career year well before this age. Im not sure it's particularly realistic to expect him to have a late career bump. Especially since power forwards seem to not age all that well.

habsfan44

Jul 26, 2006
That's the situation on the Pens. He has fit with Sid but hasn't been able to find chemistry with Geno like last season, Kapanen is just snake bit but he has the same amount of Points as Anderson but snake bitten big time, he isn't shooting as much and confidence is a hell of a thing, Rodrigues had loads of it to start the first 25-30 games and was doing things only confidence could help with, now he's not shooting on instinct, he's holding the puck a second or two, too long. As for POJ, you get we have Dumoulin, Matheson and Pettersson right? Even right now Friedman only is in because of his experience. POJ should be getting those games but he's a lot like Pettersson with better offensive upside.

I had no idea your Habs had such an amazing defense that POJ wouldn't even be needed. Also that Anderson would need an over payment.

Good times as usual with Habs fans. But yeah definitely a no from the Habs. Got it. Don't need more bad takes of zero understanding of the situation and old excuses of Sid being great with everyone (one of the worst myths on this board).
You only explain why the two players are struggling in Pittsburgh and still haven't put forth one sensible reason why it would be a good idea for Montreal to trade Anderson for them . Interesting note , it's Habs fan , singular not plural I speak for myself not the entire Montreal fan base . Interesting note #2 the Habs have a bevy of young defensive prospects in the pipe that I would use a contract spot on first rather than waste it on a defenseman who is much closer to being a bust than he is to being the legit top four stud that you described .

Honour Over Glory

Jan 30, 2012
You only explain why the two players are struggling in Pittsburgh and still haven't put forth one sensible reason why it would be a good idea for Montreal to trade Anderson for them . Interesting note , it's Habs fan , singular not plural I speak for myself not the entire Montreal fan base . Interesting note #2 the Habs have a bevy of young defensive prospects in the pipe that I would use a contract spot on first rather than waste it on a defenseman who is much closer to being a bust than he is to being the legit top four stud that you described .
That’s fascinating. I’ll have my people get back to your people.

habsfan44

Jul 26, 2006
He's 27. Most NHL forwards have hit their career year well before this age. Im not sure it's particularly realistic to expect him to have a late career bump. Especially since power forwards seem to not age all that well.
I don't recall saying anything about a career year or a late career bump , I said 20+ goals 20+ assists isn't an unrealistic expectation for a player like Anderson in a full season and it isn't . As for power forwards not aging well , I guess we'll just have to wait and see how he looks at the ripe old age of 32 .

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
While I am certainly not a fan of the contract Bergevin gave him, as many have pointed out over the last year, the Habs have been searching for some with his size, speed and willingness to get dirty so I don't think he will be traded without a return that really entices new management.

Essenege

Oct 5, 2019
40-50 points per season…When?
He broke 40 points, once, 3 seasons ago and only broke 30 one other time, in 2017/18. Every other season has been below 30.
5.5m AAV, for 5 more seasons, for 20+ points, is a bit high

Wow how disingenuous can you be?

Despite being tossed around the lineup, the guy is 25th in 5v5 goal/60 since joining the Habs. These are the toughest and most valuable points. The 25th most efficient 5v5 goal scorer isn’t worth 5.5?

Add the physicality. The guy is worth his salary, easily, and would fetch a good return.

but I don’t see him being traded.

Also prorated over a full season he was a 40-50 points scorer another season with the Jackets and this year too.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad