Player Discussion Jordan Harris part 2

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

JoelWarlord

May 7, 2012
Halifax
Everything I have read, it is my opinion and prediction, tell me I'm an idiot and ignorant, I don't care. An NHL coach now has to coddle prospects who refuse to go the AHL because they're so special, you will damage their psyche for years if you send them down.
I don't think there's been anything that says he's unwilling to go to the AHL. He would play in the NHL this year if Montreal signed him because after Chiarot is traded the LD depth chart will be Romanov, Kulak (if he's not traded as well), and Clague/Scheuneman so there's no reason not to give him a chance over those two guys. But there's been nothing that says he's adamant about never going to the AHL ever again, I'm sure he'd prefer not to but I doubt he's convinced himself that he's Adam Fox or something.

It doesn't really make sense anyway. If you believe Harris is dead set against playing in the AHL that would only make him significantly more likely to sign with Montreal. He'll have an automatic spot this year, and next year there'd be an obvious spot for him at LD behind Edmundson and Romanov with Guhle as his only real competition. If he goes to Boston he's competing with Reilly, Gryzelcyk, and Forbort all signed for 3M for 2 more years at LD, and he'll be competing with Zboril, Ahcan, and Vaakanainen to be the next guy up as injury depth.

Jul 6, 2016
Since Hughes took over, and signing of MSL, I'm of the belief that he will sign in MTL after college and play some games this season.
At least I'm hoping that's the case :snide:

Why is he not just saying it ?

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Why is he not just saying it ?

He did have an interview with TVA Sports in August and he said that his intentions are to make it work with the Canadiens. And this was after he had discussions with MB about possibly turning pro before Jordan decided to go back for his final year at NE.

And now he has Hughes and MSL, with whom he has stronger connections with.

Also, Evans never said he was going to sign with Montreal either when he was in his final year of college. He also was vague about it when he was interviewed about signing with Habs.

Last edited:

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Yup. Another year at Northeastern, where he will play a more prominent role, and then you sign him.

Unless of course he struggles or has injury issues that sets him back. Then you can send him another year in the NCAA before signing him because you still hold his rights until August 2024.

They own the rights of Struble till Aug of 23.

@montreal what's the absolute earliest and latest Harris could be eliminated?

If they lose Saturday night their season is all but over, if they win they should make the NCAA tournament at the end of the month but we'll see as the pairwise is tricky and they are on the bubble.

Even back in Sweden, I don't think he's playing a prominent role and last I saw, was pointless in his last 10. I know its early, but you've gotta show me something.it looks very discouraging. Even Nygren showed more.

He was on the top pairing, then he came over and got injured now he's on the bottom pairing. Last game he played 10 mins. He had the same issue as Juulsen, headaches days after the hit he took (not pucks to the face but his face was smashed into the glass) I assume he's 100% but don't know.

But it's not uncommon for players to struggle when they return from injury, he killed in the SHL playoffs last year, so like Caufield this year when he had 1 goal, their skill just didn't disappear but confidence can be tough to get back when you lose it.

Canadienna

Jan 27, 2015

I hope we're doing whatever we're technically allowed to do to entice a player to come here beyond his actual salary.

Set him up with a sweet place to live, maybe sponsorships or access to high end medical/physical facilities.

lamp9post

Jan 28, 2007
5'11" defensive defenseman. Are we looking at a better skating Josh Gorges or does he have untapped offensive potential?

ngc_5128

Sep 24, 2002
I hope we're doing whatever we're technically allowed to do to entice a player to come here beyond his actual salary.

Set him up with a sweet place to live, maybe sponsorships or access to high end medical/physical facilities.
Other than the amenities every other player in the org. has access to, doing that other stuff is cap circumvention and not allowed.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
5'11" defensive defenseman. Are we looking at a better skating Josh Gorges or does he have untapped offensive potential?

that's the question, as he's going to play in the NHL, 100% no doubt about it imo. But how good in the offense cause he's not strong but he's very smart and poised, no panic in his game. Great mobility, skating. Moves the puck well, his shot doesn't seem that bad but not a lot of power to it.

Reactions: lamp9post

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
  • Harris blocked a team-high 64 shots on the year and ends the regular season with a +15 rating.
  • Offensively he chipped in with 19 points on the year, with five goals and 14 assists. One goal counted as a game-winner, and his 14 assists are tied for second-most on the team.
  • Was named Hockey East Defender of the Week on Nov. 1.
  • Harris is just the fourth Northeastern Husky to win the award in its 23 year history, and the first since Josh Manson in 2013-14.

Reactions: Sagikev

BehindTheTimes

Jun 24, 2018
Bad comparison. Poise, iq and hockey sense are his strengths along with elite skating. He’s better than Gorges at everything.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Bad comparison. Poise, iq and hockey sense are his strengths along with elite skating. He’s better than Gorges at everything.

Gorges was dominant in Junior.

So, curious why you think Harris will have a better NHL career than Gorges. I'd be ecstatic if Harris was the next Gorges. A mobile top 4 dman that can move the puck and is good defensively.

BehindTheTimes

Jun 24, 2018
Gorges was dominant in Junior.

So, curious why you think Harris will have a better NHL career than Gorges. I'd be ecstatic if Harris was the next Gorges. A mobile top 4 dman that can move the puck and is good defensively.
I think Harris has top pairing potential and is virtually a lock to be top4 in my opinion. His poise and iq, skating, transitionz, passing, his ability to read and anticipate plays. It feels like he’s the quarterback on the ice, controlling the play.

He’s got skills Gorges never had. Gorges had one ppg season, a partial season in junior. His numbers were good, but nothing spectacular. I find dominate describes Harris, not Gorges. Harris controls the play.

Reactions: montreal

HuGo Burner Acc

Mar 30, 2016
I think Harris has top pairing potential and is virtually a lock to be top4 in my opinion. His poise and iq, skating, transitionz, passing, his ability to read and anticipate plays. It feels like he’s the quarterback on the ice, controlling the play.

He’s got skills Gorges never had. Gorges had one ppg season, a partial season in junior. His numbers were good, but nothing spectacular. I find dominate describes Harris, not Gorges. Harris controls the play.

I know you're Guhles no. 1 fan haha but in 3 years between him and Harris, who do You personally see being the more useful player for the Habs (higher in the depth chart)?

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018

Very interesting. I look forward to seeing him next year after he hopefully signs, and will watch some of Northeastern's games as the current season closes out.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad