Player Discussion Jordan Harris part 2

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

BehindTheTimes

Jun 24, 2018
You think the progression in Jeff Petry's game is a normal development curve? When we acquired that guy he was a bottom pairing defenceman or a good 7th in his mid 20's. He obviously developed into one of the better defenceman in the league and a top pairing guy. That is the definition of exception not the rule.

If you expect some similar explosive development out of Harris' game than you can say the exact same thing about Struble, Xhekaj, Fairbrother, etc or almost any other young defenceman for any other organization, anything is possible just exceedingly unlikely.

To say any prospect will be better at 25 than they are at 21 is completely obvious, you aren't telling anyone anything. To expect a Petry like development arc is something else entirely, you can't go through the league and find 5 guys that have that kind of late 20's development at D, it is very rare. I will just bet on the side of probability and say Harris isn't gonna ever do that. If he hits that less than 1% outcome probability I will be over the moon, but he won't. He is hopefully a stout bottom pairing D in his prime, we shall see.
He was the oilers best dman. What are you even talking about?

Reactions: windycity

Goalfield13

In Bilbo We Trust
Aug 31, 2021
You don’t give legit pRospects like Harris away for nothing. He’s a sure fire NHLer and not like McCarron and Tinordi were deemed safe. This kid has IQ all over the ice. He’s a guaranteed bottom 6 at worse, I think he’s a guaranteed top 4. Under the MB era maybe that would be a stretch for an org that seemed to value big, stay at home dmen that scramble in their own zone for 60% of their shift, but under Hughes, I really expect a high IQ, highly poised, extremely good skater to succeed.
Is he a must sign as in the Habs won’t win a cup without him, no, but he’s a must sign in the sense that you shouldn’t squander high quality assets for nothing.

He’s been my favourite Habs d prospect for 2 years. My mind hasn’t changed, the kid can play.

In a year where we need to acquire good prospects via trade and the draft, it would really suck to lose one, especially since the player in question is a D. Guhle, Romanov and Harris should be part of our D core going forward.

Walksss

Mar 26, 2013
He was the oilers best dman. What are you even talking about?

Justin Schultz and Oscar Klefbom were much better at the time, what are you talking about? Besides that isn't some measure of ability they were a bottom feeding team so what is your point exactly?

My point is that not every prospect is gonna blast upwards in development trajectory just because we want them to. If it happens that is amazing but he's not gonna be a top 4 guy under most outcomes. Your point must be you like the Kool aid.

BehindTheTimes

Jun 24, 2018
Justin Schultz and Oscar Klefbom were much better at the time, what are you talking about? Besides that isn't some measure of ability they were a bottom feeding team so what is your point exactly?

My point is that not every prospect is gonna blast upwards in development trajectory just because we want them to. If it happens that is amazing but he's not gonna be a top 4 guy under most outcomes. Your point must be you like the Kool aid.
When you have a coherent thought. Post it, koolaid bla bla bla. Your post is revisionist history.

Walksss

Mar 26, 2013
When you have a coherent thought. Post it, koolaid bla bla bla. Your post is revisionist history.

Well structured response to be fair. Nobody knew Petry was gonna be a stud back in 2015 or he wouldn't have been traded for a couple lower draft picks obviously. Harris is very unlikely to have a similar development arc as is nearly every other NHL prospect, that is simple statistical probability. If that is incoherent see a doctor.

Back to the point it doesn't matter how Harris stacks up to Petry, they aren't similar at all so who cares really. My point was even more simple. If you want to say Harris is going to develop into a core member top 4 defenceman on a contending team then you'd have to say the same for Struble or Xhekaj or Norlinder and the list goes on. Every organization has tons of these types, it isn't a rarity. Who doesn't have top 4 potential in that case?

In any case I would love for this dude to become some dominant top pairing stud, obviously, it's just not likely to happen at all. How is that incoherent?

Beer and Chips

Feb 5, 2018
Boston is clearly his first choice, Hughes will have to promise him a roster spot, a third rounder.

Beer and Chips

Feb 5, 2018
based off what?
Everything I have read, it is my opinion and prediction, tell me I'm an idiot and ignorant, I don't care. An NHL coach now has to coddle prospects who refuse to go the AHL because they're so special, you will damage their psyche for years if you send them down.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Everything I have read, it is my opinion and prediction, tell me I'm an idiot and ignorant, I don't care. An NHL coach now has to coddle prospects who refuse to go the AHL because they're so special, you will damage their psyche for years if you send them down.

who said he wants to sign with boston, cause i've never seen that anywhere? who says he would refuse to go to the AHL?

KevSkillz4

Apr 11, 2016
With the fact both son of Hughes, son of Martin St.Louis play with Jordan Harris... I don't see why Harris will don't sign with Habs.

Reactions: iamtalbot

McGees

Jun 15, 2016
Since Hughes took over, and signing of MSL, I'm of the belief that he will sign in MTL after college and play some games this season.
At least I'm hoping that's the case :snide:

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Struble's ceiling is higher than Harris's. We definitely have to sign Struble by the end of next season.

Yup. Another year at Northeastern, where he will play a more prominent role, and then you sign him.

Unless of course he struggles or has injury issues that sets him back. Then you can send him another year in the NCAA before signing him because you still hold his rights until August 2024.

Reactions: Habs Halifax

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
A lot of Habs fans are sleeping on this kid. I don’t know why, but I think he’s a top 4 in the making, easy.

Not sure but hope you are right. I always had Norlinder and Harris close in potential. Before this season, Norlinder was our shiny new toy and was ranked higher than Harris. We really don't know what Harris will do out of the gate once he turns pro. But we will have a good idea cause he's going to get signed and play 10 NHL games ish at the end of the season.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Seems like a no brainer...........but does the kid want to play based in Canada??

Personally, I think we would know that by now if he didn't want to play in Canada. What's stopping Harris and his agent from just telling the Habs right now that they will explore UFA in Aug? I don't see the point for them to delay that decision and if they did tell the Habs, how does not info not get leaked? If Harris and his agent want to test UFA, the earlier they let other teams know the better IMO.

Habs worried about Harris not signing is just noise. Same thing was worried about with Evans and even with Poehling when he said he wanted to play one more NCAA year.

There is just no context that tells us he won't sign with us. Always a chance but from what I see, it's low probability. Not impossible but low probability he decides not to sign with us.

With Fox and others, didn't they reveal their plans well in advance?

Reactions: BLONG7 and Vachon23

Schwang

May 6, 2002
Kingston, Ont
Visit site
Not sure but hope you are right. I always had Norlinder and Harris close in potential. Before this season, Norlinder was our shiny new toy and was ranked higher than Harris. We really don't know what Harris will do out of the gate once he turns pro. But we will have a good idea cause he's going to get signed and play 10 NHL games ish at the end of the season.
I get the feeling Norlinder won't make it. He's showing absolutely nothing.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I get the feeling Norlinder won't make it. He's showing absolutely nothing.

I'm not sure. Maybe he has a Beaulieu road of maturity and ends up a depth guy. We have seen this many times before. All I know is that I wanted him to dominate a development league before the NHL and his SHL numbers are not that impressive. A guy like Lundkvist is also struggling and his SHL numbers were much better.

Still potential but he was a grade B+ heading into the season and now a grade B after what we say. Fair to him cause of the Ducharme factor? Not really so I'm willing to delay his potential of being someone of value for us. Moving forward, he has stiff competition if he wants to earn a spot on our NHL roster.

Schwang

May 6, 2002
Kingston, Ont
Visit site
I'm not sure. Maybe he has a Beaulieu road of maturity and ends up a depth guy. We have seen this many times before. All I know is that I wanted him to dominate a development league before the NHL and his SHL numbers are not that impressive. A guy like Lundkvist is also struggling and his SHL numbers were much better.

Still potential but he was a grade B+ heading into the season and now a grade B after what we say. Fair to him cause of the Ducharme factor? Not really so I'm willing to delay his potential of being someone of value for us. Moving forward, he has stiff competition if he wants to earn a spot on our NHL roster.
Even back in Sweden, I don't think he's playing a prominent role and last I saw, was pointless in his last 10. I know its early, but you've gotta show me something.it looks very discouraging. Even Nygren showed more.

Reactions: Habs Halifax

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Even back in Sweden, I don't think he's playing a prominent role and last I saw, was pointless in his last 10. I know its early, but you've gotta show me something.it looks very discouraging. Even Nygren showed more.

I was not aware he was back from his injury? If so, yeah, it don't look good because even his SHL team don't have as much trust in him as they did last season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad