Player Discussion Jordan Harris part 2

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Tim Wallach

Oct 9, 2007
Kitchener, Ontario
I also posted in the prospects thread, but in case people didn't see it, Boston signed Providence captain and LD Mike Callahan today. Boston was rumoured to be a major draw for Harris, but you'd have to think this makes that far less likely.

Reactions: Schooner Guy

Deebs

Without you, everything falls apart
Feb 5, 2014
I mean don't think his celling is that high, but even a good #4-5 would be a good add for our team, especially with a 3rd round pick
It would and I hope that happens. He's definitely behind Guhle and Romanov going forward, so maybe bottom pairing or can he play the right side?

Leon Lucius Black

Nov 5, 2007
I mean don't think his celling is that high, but even a good #4-5 would be a good add for our team, especially with a 3rd round pick

Agreed. Throughout the whole Bergevin era, we've been stuck signing veteran UFAs like Bouillon or trading for guys like Merrill/Weaver/Schlemko, if we could start filling out our D with homegrown young players (even if they are just 3rd pairing D) it will finally be a move in the right direction.

themilosh

Sponsor
Apr 27, 2015
Oakville, ON
Agreed. Throughout the whole Bergevin era, we've been stuck signing veteran UFAs like Bouillon or trading for guys like Merrill/Weaver/Schlemko, if we could start filling out our D with homegrown young players (even if they are just 3rd pairing D) it will finally be a move in the right direction.
Absolutely. It also sends a great message to our minor affiliates that you can work your way up/onto the Habs.. much like what MLB does..
Blow the bank at our AHL ECHL teams - treat them like NHLers as they develop - the incentive produces higher ceilings.
And the more prospects we cultivate, the more bargaining chips/assets we have to land big name trades when needed.

Essenege

Oct 5, 2019
Montreal is a fast track for him to get into the NHL. They’re not trying to win next year so he’ll have a shot. From his perspective, it would be beyond stupid to sign in Boston. Sign there later in your career if you want to play for your childhood team…you gotta make sure you have a shot at being an NHL D first.

I’m sure the fact he hasn’t signed with Montréal yet was to keep his options and some leverage, but in the current situation it’s by far it’s better option and that’s what his agent will tell him.

Reactions: The Gr8 Dane

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Mathias Brunet. I doubt it’s true.

On the off chance that it is true, why do you think you had trouble signing him you dumb f***? He probably called him Jayden Harris lol

MO Beaudoin said the same thing in his article last week. He didn't reveal the reason why, but he also said that Harris wouldn't have signed if MB was still here. But that he will now that Hughes, Gorton, and Marty are there.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast

I always had Norlinder and Harris as neck/neck values. Not saying Harris will struggle like Norlinder did but in fairness to Norlinder, Ducharme was our coach.

I think Harris provides good value but he needs to get physically stronger. For now, sign him and let him play to finish the year. Then all bets are off to start the season next year. Brand new season and show up to camp ready!

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
It does feel like ,with HuGo being so well connected with the kid and all, they would have known right away if he wasn't going to sign and would have traded him already. The fact that it's been very quiet on that front seems to be a pretty clear indication that he's signing.

I had concerns he might screw us over but it was more like 75% he signs with us. He basically wanted to play out his final NCAA year with the core he was playing with. Just like Poehling did.

We have worrisome minds in our Habs fan herd. He was likely going to sign regardless of Hughes or Bergevin IMO.

Reactions: Pompeius Magnus

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
Montreal is a fast track for him to get into the NHL. They’re not trying to win next year so he’ll have a shot. From his perspective, it would be beyond stupid to sign in Boston. Sign there later in your career if you want to play for your childhood team…you gotta make sure you have a shot at being an NHL D first.

I’m sure the fact he hasn’t signed with Montréal yet was to keep his options and some leverage, but in the current situation it’s by far it’s better option and that’s what his agent will tell him.

He hasn't signed yet because his season is not done in the NCAA. You cannot play in the NCAA with a pro contract.

Reactions: montreal

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
It does feel like ,with HuGo being so well connected with the kid and all, they would have known right away if he wasn't going to sign and would have traded him already. The fact that it's been very quiet on that front seems to be a pretty clear indication that he's signing.

I don't know if you saw this somewhere or if you thought of it, but HuGo is a great name for the duo at the top of hockey ops.

Reactions: Kudo Shinichi

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal

He is still playing in the NCAA. His year isn't done. And you can't play in the NCAA if you sign a pro contract.

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
I don't know if you saw this somewhere or if you thought of it, but HuGo is a great name for the duo at the top of hockey ops.
People have been using it a lot, I've seen it in multiple places around the net. It seems fitting , plus as an old trekkie I like the idea of a singular entity made up of two brains, it's very sci fi, it would totally be the plot of an episode :laugh:

Reactions: Adam Michaels

Essenege

Oct 5, 2019
He is still playing in the NCAA. His year isn't done. And you can't play in the NCAA if you sign a pro contract.

Obviously (or at least I thought) I meant after the NCAA season

Edit: I see which part was confusing, I was referring to last year when I mentioned « the reason he hasn’t signed yet »

Reactions: Adam Michaels

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Obviously (or at least I thought) I meant after the NCAA season

Right now, all signs point to Harris signing with the Habs after his year is done.

We'll know Monday morning if Harris' year is done or if it continues.

Northeastern is playing the Hockey East Semi-Final tonight. If they win, they play in the final tomorrow. If they win Hockey East tournament toomrrow, then they automatically go to the Regionals that will be held next weekend.

If Northeastern loses tonight or tomorrow and don't win the Hockey East tournament, then on Sunday, the NCAA will decide if Northeastern gets the bid to play in the Regionals.

So on Monday, we'll know if his year is done or not.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad