Player Discussion Jordan Harris part 2

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
I think we would have heard some smoke around Harris the same way we are around McBain if the news on that front wasn't at least positive.

I expect to see Harris sign now and get a fair amount of minutes in the NHL as part of his signature/evaluation.

I was thinking that as well though with McBain you have a huge center that's having a great year vs Harris has been much better then McBain over the previous 3 years but of course is not big. I find the rumors of us being interested in McBain to be odd when you look at the prospects Hughes/Gorton have just brought in.

Reactions: Tyson

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
I was thinking that as well though with McBain you have a huge center that's having a great year vs Harris has been much better then McBain over the previous 3 years but of course is not big. I find the rumors of us being interested in McBain to be odd when you look at the prospects Hughes/Gorton have just brought in.
When I hear McBain I think of Vesey.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
First thread hit 1000 posts.

I believe when we do sign him it'll likely be in and around the Trade Deadline (March 21-25).

There will still be a full month of the schedule left, so lots of time to come in and get comfortable.

Then, hopefully, to Laval for a play-off run.
Well, we find out Sunday if I'm right, and we sign him post-deadline (next week).

Reactions: Adam Michaels

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
Why? Both Gorton / Hughes know the Boston area college circuit quite well and McBain fits that narrative.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Then I would think they must see something wrt hockey IQ. Suzuki isn’t a fast skater either but hockey sense is off the charts

Yea there's gotta be something they see that they like that might not be about how fast he skates.

He might not be fast, but it doesn't mean he's a lumbering skater either. I don't think he's like a McCarron.

Reactions: jaffy27

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Then I would think they must see something wrt hockey IQ. Suzuki isn’t a fast skater either but hockey sense is off the charts

Suzuki is not fast in certain contexts, but in others he is.

When he gets some momentum, he can fly up the ice. In fact, someone posted that he was clocked as skating at one of the fastest times that were recorded recentlly.

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
Suzuki is not fast in certain contexts, but in others he is.

When he gets some momentum, he can fly up the ice. In fact, someone posted that he was clocked as skating at one of the fastest times that were recorded recentlly.
He's sneaky fast that's for sure.

He likes to slow down the game when he has the puck so people think he's a bad skater.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
No... UConn knocked them out. UCon plays UMass now.

If UConn won, they would have knocked NE out. But UConn lost to UMass, so NE make it to the Regionals.

Those will take place next weekend. So if NE loses next weekend, they are officially eliminated. If they win their two games, they qualify for the Frozen Four.

Reactions: Sagikev

Sagikev

Chadstudsky
Sep 16, 2018
If UConn won, they would have knocked NE out. But UConn lost to UMass, so NE make it to the Regionals.

Those will take place next weekend. So if NE loses next weekend, they are officially eliminated. If they win their two games, they qualify for the Frozen Four.
I hope for Harris' sake they can win it all, but as a Habs fan, get it over with and sign with us :laugh:

Reactions: Adam Michaels

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
They also like fast skaters, which McBain is not.

McBain is overrated cause he is "available". Good numbers in his age 22 season yeah but I don't see him turning the needle that much and likely needs AHL time. I would not expect anything more than Poehling to be honest. Then look at a guy like Borgstrom who also have great NCAA numbers.

Look at that Boston Collage roster. There is a ton of NHL drafted Talent on that team.

If it takes a 3rd and 4th to trade for him and we sign him, I won't complain.

Reactions: Sam de Mtl

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
McBain is overrated cause he is "available". Good numbers in his age 22 season yeah but I don't see him turning the needle that much and likely needs AHL time. I would not expect anything more than Poehling to be honest. Then look at a guy like Borgstrom who also have great NCAA numbers.

Look at that Boston Collage roster. There is a ton of NHL drafted Talent on that team.

If it takes a 3rd and 4th to trade for him and we sign him, I won't complain.
He won't be a saviour for sure, but I prefer a big young 6'3 C with high chance to make the NHL then a 3rd round pick that we have 2 others if we trade one. Our C line is small so he would bring something different and like you said he played in the Boston area so Hughes know him better then anyone else.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
He won't be a saviour for sure, but I prefer a big young 6'3 C with high chance to make the NHL then a 3rd round pick that we have 2 others if we trade one. Our C line is small so he would bring something different and like you said he played in the Boston area so Hughes know him better then anyone else.

Worth a shot and I would use a 3rd and 4th to trade for him (if we knew he would sign). I would not use a 2nd rounder though.

Reactions: Vachon23

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
Yea there's gotta be something they see that they like that might not be about how fast he skates.

He might not be fast, but it doesn't mean he's a lumbering skater either. I don't think he's like a McCarron.
And I’m pretty sure Hughes had mentioned that they are not looking for 23 speed demons or 23 body bangers…..they want a smooth mixture of everything.

The kid is 6’4, 210lbs and is putting up decent numbers.

I’m doing the trade for the kid and see where it goes.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad