Player Discussion Jordan Harris part 2

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
I don't know where Adam Fox comes in as I doubt or hope that no one is expecting that from him. But he doesn't have to be a Makar of Fox for fans to be pissed if we lose what is very likely to be at worse a better Mete since you would be losing an NHLer for nothing which will always suck.

He's not flashy, his game is all about the high IQ, great poise, skating, mobility. But the concerns are over his lack of size, strength, shot and he's not physical. He needs to be with a Guhle or someone like that who can help him contain players along the boards or in the crease. He's very good positionally, he knows how to use his stick well to block passes, etc... I don't know how high his offensive upside is, to me I would be shocked if he's not at worst a bottom pairing D. He's easily one of the best D in the NCAA.
I remember when you told me that he has top pairing dman upside and blasted me for disagreeing :naughty:

Reactions: Suzuki2017

dcyhabs

May 30, 2008
Montreal
What a D!! :laugh::laugh:

Well there is at least one player who might play top 4, certainly top 6, on a competitive team. Probably no one else who makes the top 6 on a good team. Maybe Savard.

There were a number of MB years when the D had a top guy, one other top 4, and a rotating cast of 6/7 guys. Most of those years either Price stood on his head or the team lost big. I doubt Price can save this defense corps.

The habs absolutely shouldn't rush any prospects, especially on D. No point having guys go the Mete path, and struggle to survive instead of fleshing out their game. No Weber to play them with in any case.

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
Well there is at least one player who might play top 4, certainly top 6, on a competitive team. Probably no one else who makes the top 6 on a good team. Maybe Savard.

There were a number of MB years when the D had a top guy, one other top 4, and a rotating cast of 6/7 guys. Most of those years either Price stood on his head or the team lost big. I doubt Price can save this defense corps.

The habs absolutely shouldn't rush any prospects, especially on D. No point having guys go the Mete path, and struggle to survive instead of fleshing out their game. No Weber to play them with in any case.

Harris has spent enough time in the NCAA that the Habs can't be rushing even if he starts in the NHL.

Reactions: japhi and iamtalbot

dcyhabs

May 30, 2008
Montreal
Harris has spent enough time in the NCAA that the Habs can't be rushing even if he starts in the NHL.

He might be ready to make the jump. I expect he'll get some games this year, if he signs. I could see him spending some time in the AHL next year, though. If he hits the ground running in the NHL, fine, if he struggles at all let him grow in the AHL.

Reactions: iamtalbot

Edmhabber

Nov 9, 2021
He might be ready to make the jump. I expect he'll get some games this year, if he signs. I could see him spending some time in the AHL next year, though. If he hits the ground running in the NHL, fine, if he struggles at all let him grow in the AHL.
Definitely play Harris with Montreal at end of season and keep Schueneman up too.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
So he doesn't excel or is even average offensively or defensively.

I'm not sure how you got that from my post. :huh:

I remember when you told me that he has top pairing dman upside and blasted me for disagreeing :naughty:

yes he has top pairing upside, he's progressed every year but this one it's tougher because his team can't seem to score much so how much of that is on him or how much of that is on the injuries (missing an entire line from their top 6 for much of the year) or how much of that is on the fact that they have 1 player who can consistently put the puck in the net. (the 2nd highest goal scorer has less then half of the goals as the leading scorer)

He's not flashy but he's one of the top D in the NCAA, if he opts not to sign you can bet that most if not all NHL teams would be interested.

It just a question of how much better can he get. He's been on the top pairing for 3 of his 4 seasons, he's going to be an NHLer but can his IQ overcome his lack of size/strength and just how much offensive upside does he have.

Reactions: iamtalbot

Whalers Fan

Go Habs!
Sep 24, 2012
Plymouth, MI
First thread hit 1000 posts.

I believe when we do sign him it'll likely be in and around the Trade Deadline (March 21-25).

There will still be a full month of the schedule left, so lots of time to come in and get comfortable.

Then, hopefully, to Laval for a play-off run.
He will not sign until his NCAA season is complete. That could be before March 24 if Harris's team fails to make the NCAA tournament, or as late as April 10 if they go all the way to the Frozen Four finals.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
Would be great news if he signs. I would definitely feel more confident in our left side knowing all of Harris, Guhle and Romanov are signed.

Reactions: Tyson

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com

while i've been saying I think he will sign, I don't take this to mean anything as I would think Ramage has the closer relationship to Harris being in the US and his comments from the last article had me a little concerned but we'll find out in a few weeks. Then next year it could be the same song and dance with Struble. How he wants to sign with boston, etc..

CHwest

Talent sets the floor, character sets the ceiling.
May 24, 2011
I don't think people realize how neglectful and how much of a barrier Bergevins philosophies and lack of communication were to the success of the organization
The guy was in so far over his head in was pathetic.

Reactions: BLONG7

The Last Red

Jan 2, 2022
while i've been saying I think he will sign, I don't take this to mean anything as I would think Ramage has the closer relationship to Harris being in the US and his comments from the last article had me a little concerned but we'll find out in a few weeks. Then next year it could be the same song and dance with Struble. How he wants to sign with boston, etc..

Struble has the higher upside of the two . . . but the much lower hockey IQ.

HuGo Burner Acc

Mar 30, 2016
Struble has the higher upside of the two . . . but the much lower hockey IQ.

Seeing that the future top 4 will probably consist of Romanov, Guhle, Mailloux, and hopefully a top 5 pick in the next few drafts (maybe Nemec or Jirichek), one of the two in Harris and Struble will probably be the anchor on the bottom pair so the player with the higher IQ and better defensive awareness in Harris is probably more valuable. Especially when a player like Norlinder will hopefully be paired with him moving forward. Struble needs to translate his development into production before I see him as more valuable than what Harris brings

Reactions: montreal

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003
I really love the way Harris thinks the game along with his poise and natural leadership qualities. I see him as a high floor, low ceiling prospect who will never be a top pairing D on a contending team but more likely a 4-6 D who doesn't excel on either special team unit as he is too small to be a very effective PKer and is likely too limited offensively to play regularly on the PP.

I envision him being a glue guy in the locker room and a good all around player who plays within his limitations. I am not a fan at all of small dmen as Stanley Cup winners don't carry many if any at times due to the physical nature of playoff hockey but this kid might have enough conviction in his game to survive the wars.

Glad we have him and hope he signs as I think MSL's approach will suit Harris well.

Reactions: Vachon23

The Last Red

Jan 2, 2022
Seeing that the future top 4 will probably consist of Romanov, Guhle, Mailloux, and hopefully a top 5 pick in the next few drafts (maybe Nemec or Jirichek), one of the two in Harris and Struble will probably be the anchor on the bottom pair so the player with the higher IQ and better defensive awareness in Harris is probably more valuable. Especially when a player like Norlinder will hopefully be paired with him moving forward. Struble needs to translate his development into production before I see him as more valuable than what Harris brings

Who knows? Trades and UFA signings will occur so no way to really know who will be the 6 D in two years. Did you think Marty would be the coach and Gorton the hockey boss six months ago? Obviously not.

HuGo Burner Acc

Mar 30, 2016
Who knows? Trades and UFA signings will occur so no way to really know who will be the 6 D in two years. Did you think Marty would be the coach and Gorton the hockey boss six months ago? Obviously not.

Completely agree. I'm just analysing the knowns in the organization. It's impossible to register unknowns in predictions. An example of this is creating line combos before the trade deadline. When doing so, a rational person doesn't formulate combinations based on unknowns, only the knowns, even if it's possible for unknowns to eventually become knowns, so it makes no sense to include the unknowns amongst the knowns

John B

Nov 19, 2016
Would Andy Greene be a good comparison for Harris and the type of career he could have in the NHL?

Habaddict

Apr 12, 2009
toronto
Completely agree. I'm just analysing the knowns in the organization. It's impossible to register unknowns in predictions. An example of this is creating line combos before the trade deadline. When doing so, a rational person doesn't formulate combinations based on unknowns, only the knowns, even if it's possible for unknowns to eventually become knowns, so it makes no sense to include the unknowns amongst the knowns
What this ??? People would sprain their tongue if they tried to read that out loud!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad