Value of: Jordan Binnington

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Khelandros

Feb 12, 2019
For running over Binnington, yes it's a fact so who would you rather we blame?
Probably Rosen. Since you know, it was his fault and he's the one that landed on Binningtons leg.
1679691604930.png

Spektre

Apr 10, 2010
Krynn
Probably Rosen. Since you know, it was his fault and he's the one that landed on Binningtons leg. View attachment 675247
kadri.png

Clearly you have eyes so let's see if you can follow along with logic. Do you see Rosen's skates? He's trying to stop. He's already sliding to stop before he gets to Binnington. It's Kadri's force that pushes Rosen and himself into Binnington. If you think this is Rosen's fault it shows either you don't accept facts because of bias or you simply are clueless. Binnington has been run into a number of times this season as well. The team in, and the NHL in general, are not the defenders of goalies as in days past. The latest example of Binnington getting suspended for 2 games would have never happened before. The second the guy skated into Binnington after the goal every player on the Blues would have been pounding him and other players but that's not today's NHL.

Anything else you want to be wrong about?

Maybe you want raw #'s to look at instead.

He played 6 games in the playoffs last year and had a 1.72gaa with a .949 save % but ya... he's no good,, holds no value just a year later.. he completely forgot how to play goalie lol

Linkens Mastery

Conductor of the TankTown Express
Jan 15, 2014
Hyrule
I don't see Armstrong and Co trading away Binnington until Hofer can steal the starting gig for a full year. Binnington for all of his faults is still a good safety net for Hofer and the Blues if Hofer hits a wall. Finding the Value for Binnington is much more of a 2024 Trade Deadline or 2024 off-season question.

Spektre

Apr 10, 2010
Krynn
rosen knocks kadri off balance and towards binner. i get why he did it but that's what leads to both of them colliding with binnington.

So... Rosen is between Kadri and Binnington and sliding to stop but he used the force to push Kadri from behind and force Kadri to knock Rosen into Binnington... ok

good luck with that lol

Super Hans

Stats Evangelist
Oct 9, 2016
Remember when the Blues won the Cup riding this young goalie, and the next year was ready to compete for a 2nd Cup and Covid happened and the team, not Binnington, played like crap in the delayed playoffs.. remember when the Blues just last year took the Avs to 6 games and if it hadn't been for Binnington getting run over by f*** face Kadri they had a shot of winning that series?? ohh that's right it doesn't fit all the haters narrative and their feelings need to be hugged and stuff
yep, it's the haters that need their feelings cared for

DatDude44

Hmmmm?
Feb 23, 2012
Pump the brakes guys played 3 games….hofer/Binner should be a duo for atleast another year or 2 before u really consider this

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
Joel Hofer has come in and has literally stole the show.

If he continues to prove to be a true number 1, what value does JB have around the NHL?

Curios on you all as outsiders take on this!

Thanks, have a great weekend!
The question you need to be asking is what st Louis adds to dump this contract.

Or which bad contract, with term similar to Binnington, are you taking back in exchange.

Reactions: rynryn

rynryn

Reluctant Optimist. Permanently Déclassé.
May 29, 2008
Minny
you're going to have to pay someone to take him with that contract and his recent history of play.

edit: because of this, i suspect, it'd be more worth it to keep him and hope it all works out.

Russell Sprouts

Jan 11, 2023
For being such a huge irrelevant scrub this guy owns more mental real estate than any other current player. Keep talking about him, especially Avs fans thats the most entertainment I've had all year. Avs win the cup and literally all their fans talk about if f***ing Binnington, it's hilarious.

Reactions: Reality Czech

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
For being such a huge irrelevant scrub this guy owns more mental real estate than any other current player. Keep talking about him, especially Avs fans thats the most entertainment I've had all year. Avs win the cup and literally all their fans talk about if f***ing Binnington, it's hilarious.
Let’s not forget the Avs absolutely own the Blues.

Just blowing y’all out of the playoffs a few times in a row. Beating St Louis in the bubble too.

The Red Line

Oct 11, 2010
Even if he had good numbers and decent cap hit, which he doesn't, his on-ice idiocy is widely known and disrespected throughout the league. Even his own coach calls him out on it. Nobody would ever want a player like that.

As it is he has terrible numbers, a brutal contract, and humiliates himself and his team on a near nightly basis.

Reactions: GordieHowYaDoin

A1LeafNation

Good, is simply not good enough!
Oct 17, 2010
The question you need to be asking is what st Louis adds to dump this contract.

Or which bad contract, with term similar to Binnington, are you taking back in exchange.
I wonder if they just send Binner to the minors until Hofers deal is done and then buy Binner out.

They can pair Hofer with a guys like Raanta Varlamov Lehner Andersen etc. until he is ready.

BlueTacos

Jul 22, 2022
STL
While I'm fully in favor of the Blues giving a kid with 3 career games with a SV% over .900 their full time starting job, I'm guessing their front office probably wouldn't do something that stupid.
4 games and a .944 with 1.74gaa. Also great numbers in ahl and was the golden boy for team canada.... so stupid or future. Also blues are rebuilding. Perfect time to give him the keys.

Reality Czech

Apr 17, 2017
Let’s not forget the Avs absolutely own the Blues.

Just blowing y’all out of the playoffs a few times in a row. Beating St Louis in the bubble too.

So what? The Blues were perennial contenders for years when the Avs couldn't even make the playoffs. Avs fans are the sorest winners I've ever seen, whining nonstop.

Reactions: Vladys Gumption

Hobnobs

Pinko
Nov 29, 2011
Binnington has so little value atm.. He's not even suited as a capdump to a rebuilding team because he would be a horrible mentor to any young goalie he's there to shield. His buyout isnt super bad if caphit expands (north of 2 mil between 28-31) but I doubt a rebuilding team even wants to do that. And then Blues might as well do it themselves instead of wasting assets for a rebuild to do it.

And to the OP. The reason to get rid of Binnington would not be Hofer (yet)... That would incredibly stupid of Blues management.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad