Jonathan Bernier - Player Discussion 2016

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

MikeBabchuk

Mike Bobcat
May 24, 2013
Toronto
Hahaha, just admit it you were wrong. Your boy Raeimer is gone (good riddance). Anybody that has played hockey can see Bernier is much better than him and that's why leafs brass let go Reimer. They had to settle for a bag of pucks cuz nobody wanted to give up anything for him.

Bernier is a useless lump.

MikeBabchuk

Mike Bobcat
May 24, 2013
Toronto
Amazing.

Bernier fans who haven't said a peep this season coming to gloat. Um, Bernier couldn't be traded because he's one of the worst goalies in the league. The fact that Lou said he made this deal to see what we have in Sparks tells you everything you need to know about Bernier.

Reimer could be back as a UFA. Probably not. But if he does, this board would implode into itself. :)

The ultimate twist would be Bernier being dumped in the summer and Reimer re-signed. Then Bernier officially goes down as "the guy they kept to back up Sparks while we tanked" with Reimer ultimately being chosen over him.

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
The ultimate twist would be Bernier being dumped in the summer and Reimer re-signed. Then Bernier officially goes down as "the guy they kept to back up Sparks while we tanked" with Reimer ultimately being chosen over him.

With Reimer asking for 6 X 6! No Thank You! :shakehead

TMLegend

May 27, 2012
Somewhere

Reimer won't be back. They're purging pretty much everyone from the previous establishment.

MikeBabchuk

Mike Bobcat
May 24, 2013
Toronto
With Reimer asking for 6 X 6! No Thank You! :shakehead

You should be shaking your head that you actually believed that media propaganda (although you are using hyberbole on top of that media nonsense).

At any rate, any player's agent tables a maximal amount, while the team tables a minimal amount, and then they meet somewhere in the middle.

Surely I don't need to explain basic negotiation?

Not that it's saying much given the UFA goalie crop, but Reimer will be the top UFA goalie on the market this summer. If the Leafs can sign him to a reasonable deal and move out Bernier, he might be back.

The alternative is taking a gamble on a guy like Cam Ward.

CanadasTeam

Nov 9, 2009
Tarrana
Not that it's saying much given the UFA goalie crop, but Reimer will be the top UFA goalie on the market this summer. If the Leafs can sign him to a reasonable deal and move out Bernier, he might be back.

The alternative is taking a gamble on a guy like Cam Ward.

Don't hold your breath, he ain't coming back.

April is already looking at properties in sunny Cali..

MikeBabchuk

Mike Bobcat
May 24, 2013
Toronto
Reimer won't be back. They're purging pretty much everyone from the previous establishment.

Meaning Bernier is gone too.

But honestly, Reimer could come back as a UFA, or at least the Leafs will have equal opportunity to sign him. I don't see San Jose as a long-term destination for him. My fear was that if he got traded to Calgary or another team looking to get an out and out starter that they'd extend him prior to July 1, but that looks doubtful now. He'll probably hit the market as the top UFA goalie.

MikeBabchuk

Mike Bobcat
May 24, 2013
Toronto
Don't hold your breath, he ain't coming back.

April is already looking at properties in sunny Cali..

Of course. They're there for a few months.

He could re-sign in San Jose, but like I mentioned above, it's less likely. If he supplants Jones, you never know I guess.

sxvnert

Nov 23, 2015
Speaks volumes about how Babcock really feels about the goaltending situation:

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
Meaning Bernier is gone too.

But honestly, Reimer could come back as a UFA, or at least the Leafs will have equal opportunity to sign him. I don't see San Jose as a long-term destination for him. My fear was that if he got traded to Calgary or another team looking to get an out and out starter that they'd extend him prior to July 1, but that looks doubtful now. He'll probably hit the market as the top UFA goalie.

Top UFA goalie? Wow, the goalie market in the off season is weak!

MikeBabchuk

Mike Bobcat
May 24, 2013
Toronto
The media propaganda machine to slander Reimer

Do you read your posts?

Dreger made a random claim a few months ago that got overblown by the media that, when Reimer was leading the league in save %, GMs expected him to be paid 5 mil on a multi-year deal, and somehow that translates to Reimer himself demanding 6x6?

Come on, even the most delusional Reimer disparager knows that's absolute bullcrap.

TMLegend

May 27, 2012
Somewhere
MikeBabchuk: Are you going to become a Sharks fan now? Ironically, SJ is my #2, so I'm little divided that Reims is there now, but at least he's in his proper role now.

yubbers

Grown Menzez
May 1, 2013
Dreger made a random claim a few months ago that got overblown by the media that, when Reimer was leading the league in save %, GMs expected him to be paid 5 mil on a multi-year deal, and somehow that translates to Reimer himself demanding 6x6?

Come on, even the most delusional Reimer disparager knows that's absolute bullcrap.

So the media has been quiet all season. Just waiting for the day to claim false numbers on Reimer.

You may be onto something

MikeBabchuk

Mike Bobcat
May 24, 2013
Toronto
MikeBabchuk: Are you going to become a Sharks fan now? Ironically, SJ is my #2, so I'm little divided that Reims is there now, but at least he's in his proper role now.

Nah lol. It would be cool if he ended up starting for them in the playoffs though. If they go to the final, we get a third instead of a fourth I believe, so cheer away for San Jose.

If he wins the Conn Smythe it would just figure.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad